Windows 10: Trouble Projecting onto TV

Discus and support Trouble Projecting onto TV in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I try to project my screen onto my tv, it cuts off the borders by about the size of the task bar (vertical wise). All I'm using is an HDMI cable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jazz4Dayz, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Jazz4Dayz Win User

Trouble Projecting onto TV

When I try to project my screen onto my tv, it cuts off the borders by about the size of the task bar (vertical wise). All I'm using is an HDMI cable that came with the tv and I don't really have the money to get anything else like chromcast or items of the like to help with this problem. The only thing I've tried doing (and failed in the process) is changing the display dimensions. Someone please help. I'd really like to be able to play video games on my tv but I can't do that knowing this extremely irritating problem is still there.

:)

Jazz4Dayz, Apr 25, 2016
  2. drvr6 Win User

Windows 10 Laptop won't connect to Polaroid TV

Hello - sorry for not getting back, I think I didn't get an email notification you'd replied?

Yes, I'm still having trouble. I can project a tablet ONTO my laptop, but can't project my laptop onto my TV, even though my laptop recognises my TV and tries to connect. So I'm a little stumped.

If it makes any difference my laptop is Windows 10 but I believe updated from Windows 7.

Thanks,

Dean

drvr6, Apr 25, 2016
  3. drvr6 Win User
    Windows 10 Laptop won't connect to Polaroid TV

Hi Darian. Thanks for your reply. I'm a little confused between I was able to turn my Windows 10 laptop into a wireless monitor, and project my tablet display onto the laptop. But I couldn't project my Windows 10 laptop onto my Polaroid TV, a Samsung TV
    or a Fire TV Stick (which has a display monitoring option). Each time my laptop detected the Samsung/Hisense/Stick, attempted to connect (the TV noted the attempt), but couldn't. Are you sure it isn't something to do with my laptop? I had no trouble mirroring
    my tablet to the Samsung/Hisense/Stick, so this is odd.

Thanks!!

drvr6, Apr 25, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

See if your TV has "Game Mode".

CountMike, Apr 25, 2016
  5. Also see if you tv has an option for 16:9 or Auto, on mine this is a button on the remote

If I leave mine on 16:9 i gets parts cut off as this is not the ratio of my computer, set it to auto and it scales it perfectly

On my Samsung remote the button is called P.SIZE

paulsalter, Apr 25, 2016
  6. Jazz4Dayz Win User
    The only thing that looks as though I would be able to make those kind of changes on the tv itself is the "computer settings" on the menu screen but it's grayed out for some reason so I can't use it. I'm trying to project on a coby flat screen if that helps at all.

Jazz4Dayz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Trouble Projecting onto TV - Similar Threads - Trouble Projecting onto

2. Trouble loading onto Drive E dvd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trouble loading onto Drive E dvd: Not able to load disk from DVD drive D. Says The directory name is invalid. Have changed to Command prompt to WINDIR, still does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trouble-loading-onto-drive-e-dvd/7a796b03-7b0a-4e2d-af78-b8ce5f910c99
  3. project pc to tv

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    project pc to tv: i can't project my pc screen to TV since last windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/project-pc-to-tv/fd642fe9-4953-41f4-afd9-4070d5107cf2
  4. projecting my laptop to Samsung smart tv

projecting my laptop to Samsung smart tv: Hello, I have an Asus laptop x556uv running windows 10 and a Samsung smart TV of UHD 7 series model UE50RU7100UXMI. I'm trying to project my laptop screen to the TV wireless which is discovered by the computer but the connection fails Further investigation under...
  5. TV Audio Projecting Issues

TV Audio Projecting Issues: My computer is nearly a month old, and I have had no issue projecting sound to a TV. It has worked perfectly with my HDMI cord. However lately when we've been trying to watch stuff online, when my screen is connected to the TV, the TV shows my computer screen, but no audio is...
  6. feel kinda stupid asking project display onto tv to watch tv and continue to work on laptop

feel kinda stupid asking project display onto tv to watch tv and continue to work on laptop: I have a bluetooh wirless keyboard and wind 10 surface pro 3. I can connect and display to project tv & movies to my tv the problem is I cant get the display rt. im clearly missing something because when I press detect it does not. and I want to continue to work on my...
  7. Trouble downloading itunes onto my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trouble downloading itunes onto my PC: I can't find itunes anywhere on my PC so I tried to download it and it says I have it, then it gives me this message: " Where do you want to install? It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device...
  8. Unable to project PC screen to TV

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to project PC screen to TV: Can someone tell me what the problem is and how to fix. I think I am making the problem worse, I am not a tec person and have no idea what I'm doing. Original title : my laptop will not project to my tv screen any more and it did before I use a HDMI cord....
  9. Trouble logging onto the Xbox app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble logging onto the Xbox app: I can't log onto the xbox app. Has been this way for about a day. It only happens on my Windows 10 laptop, and not my phone, which also has the xbox app. It says I'm not signed in, I try to sign in, and it says I need to "connect to the internet". When I just tried it, I had...
  10. Trying to project Surface 3 on LG TV

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to project Surface 3 on LG TV: This seems to be an old issue, but I just got an LG OLED55C7P TV and I am trying to screen share my Surface Pro 3 to it. I read all of the usual threads and removed and restarted to replace drivers, tried to update drivers. None of this seemed to work. The TV knows a Surface...