Windows 10: Trouble running .bat files

Discus and support Trouble running .bat files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to run .bat files on Windows 10, but it tells me that "This app can't run on your PC". It doesn't matter what I use it for, .bat files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Larsen97, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Larsen97 Win User

Trouble running .bat files

Hi, I'm trying to run .bat files on Windows 10, but it tells me that "This app can't run on your PC".
    It doesn't matter what I use it for, .bat files just won't run anyway.
    Are .bat files no longer supported? (ran fine on Windows 7) Any workarounds?

I'm no expert on this field, which is why I came here. Sorry if this has already been answered here.

Trouble running .bat files [​IMG]

:)

Larsen97, Oct 9, 2015
  2. JosephLeo Win User

Password Protect a Folder in Windows 10

Yes i Agree, files can be kept in safe locker by generating the bat file .

To secure it ,Run the bat file,

To access. again run the bat file. Well. That's good.

But though the folder is protected, bat file [which is outside ] is accessible. If the folder name is changed in the bat file,the locked folder will be unlocked automatically.

Is there any way to restrict that ....? Or Hiding the bat file is the only way ...?

JosephLeo, Oct 9, 2015
  3. Windows store error 0x80248014 when downloading apps

I am having trouble running bat file in admin mode because I right click and nowhere to run as admin, or I am doing it wrong I don't know because I have never ran bat file in admin, help.
    Trouble running .bat files [​IMG]

derekjesse, Oct 9, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Welcome to the forums Larsen97. Try right clicking the file, and choose run as administrator.

Edit

Also try opening command prompt(Admin) and type the name of the file. For example if the file name is startup, your would type startup.bat then press enter

Dude, Oct 9, 2015
  5. Larsen97 Win User
    Tried doing that a while ago, but it didn't work properly. I read your reply and figured that I wrote the wrong code after some further inspection... haha.

Anyways, it's working as intended now. Thanks for the assistance!

Larsen97, Oct 9, 2015
  6. Dude Win User
    Glad you fixed it, you're welcome. I like your theme too.

Dude, Oct 9, 2015
  7. Larsen97 Win User
    I'm using the High Contrast #2 theme, I find it bit more eye-friendly than the default theme, and it fits my gaming peripherals as well.

Larsen97, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Trouble running .bat files - Similar Threads - Trouble running bat

2. Bat or Cmd file not running at login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bat or Cmd file not running at login: This should be an easy one. Created a net use map drive batch file, also as a cmd. Either one not both, just as a troubleshooting step. File is located on my desktop and if I double click on it, either one it executes as expected and maps the drives. 1st approach was a...
  3. Bat or Cmd file not running at login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bat or Cmd file not running at login: This should be an easy one. Created a net use map drive batch file, also as a cmd. Either one not both, just as a troubleshooting step. File is located on my desktop and if I double click on it, either one it executes as expected and maps the drives. 1st approach was a...
  4. Is it safe to run this bat file?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is it safe to run this bat file?: Spo I was wondering how to get sandbox on windows 10 home and I came across this forum saying that I could run this bat file to try and install it.Enable Windows Sandbox Feature in Windows 10 Home Edition Tutorials tenforums.comThe bat file I downloaded was not blocked by...
  5. trouble copying from NAS to system with BAT file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    trouble copying from NAS to system with BAT file: I created a BAT file to copy data files from my NAS to my Program Files x86 folder using XCOPY.xcopy /Y "\\PIECESOF8\ruggb\Automobile Tracker 6.5\*.fil" "C:\Program Files x86\Auto\Automobile Tracker 6.5\"When I run it, at least one file in the mix *.fil produces an ACCESS...
  6. trouble copying from NAS to system with BAT file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trouble copying from NAS to system with BAT file: I created a BAT file to copy data files from my NAS to my Program Files x86 folder using XCOPY.xcopy /Y "\\PIECESOF8\ruggb\Automobile Tracker 6.5\*.fil" "C:\Program Files x86\Auto\Automobile Tracker 6.5\"When I run it, at least one file in the mix *.fil produces an ACCESS...
  7. trouble copying from NAS to system with BAT file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can't run .bat files

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't run .bat files: I haven't run a .bat file in quite a while, so perhaps I unknowingly did something along the was that prompted this problem. I was trying to run Brinks "Reset_Notification_Area_Icons_Cache.bat", but instead the file opens in my text editor. I disassociated .bat in that text...
  9. Bat Files Won't Run?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bat Files Won't Run?: Basically I'm installing BattlEye for a Steam game and I click the .bat file in the game's subfolder to download it (when I was prompted to download it I clicked no but now I practically need it for most servers), and I download the .bat from the main website and it also...
  10. Can't Run .Bat Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Run .Bat Files: I try to run .bat files and the just run in note pad. There is no "open with" option. 48199