Windows 10: Trouble Setting 'IrfanView' App as Default Photo Viewer

Discus and support Trouble Setting 'IrfanView' App as Default Photo Viewer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Friends! Firstly, thank you Shawn @Brink for taking the time to share your expertise with us all and amongst other things, compile an extensive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Neil Macready, May 14, 2018.

1. Trouble Setting 'IrfanView' App as Default Photo Viewer

Hello Friends!

Firstly, thank you Shawn @Brink for taking the time to share your expertise with us all and amongst other things, compile an extensive and thorough list of Windows 10 Help Tutorials.

I've read your 'How to Choose Default Apps to Open Files with in Windows 10' Tutorial (Choose Default Apps in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials), however, I'm still having an issue with regard to setting 'IrfanView' as my Windows 10 Default 'Photo Viewer'. As you will see in the attached screenshot, 'IrfanView' does not appear as an option to choose.

NB: I have set 'IrfanView' as 'Default by Protocol' and 'Default by App'.

I may have missed something, but if you or one of our wonderful members / users are able to provide a fix for this issue at some stage, I would certainly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance one and all !!!

Neil *Smile

Trouble Setting 'IrfanView' App as Default Photo Viewer [​IMG]

:)

Neil Macready, May 14, 2018
  2. senhaku Win User

Last update caused all custom file associations to reset to defaults

I just installed the update and got the same error for .jpg .jpeg and .png. Tried changing the association back to Irfanview but it will be changed back to Photos again after a while. Tried changing the default app in the Settings for Photo Viewer to Irfanview.
    Again, it will be changed back to Photos after a while. I'm using the latest version of Irfanview.

senhaku, May 14, 2018
  3. Windows 10: Issues with setting photo viewer default to Irfanview.

Original Title: Photo viewer

I have tried to set my photo viewer default to Irfanview, however Win10 continually resets the default (usually after several minutes) to something called Photos. I don't seem to be able to clean/remove/disable Photos and it is so poorly made I am worried
    it is a virus. Any suggestions on how to clean/remove/disable Photos and make Irfanview my default photo viewer?

TheMATRIXman, May 14, 2018
Thema:

Trouble Setting 'IrfanView' App as Default Photo Viewer

1. Trouble Setting 'IrfanView' App as Default Photo Viewer - Similar Threads - Trouble Setting 'IrfanView'

2. Windows 11: How to set photo viewer default to Irfanview.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: How to set photo viewer default to Irfanview.: I have tried to set my photo viewer default to Irfanview, however Win11 continually resets the default to Photos. I don't seem to be able to clean/remove/disable Photos and it is useless beside Irfanview. Any suggestions on how to clean/remove/disable Photos and make...
  3. Windows 11: How to set photo viewer default to Irfanview.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: How to set photo viewer default to Irfanview.: I have tried to set my photo viewer default to Irfanview, however Win11 continually resets the default to Photos. I don't seem to be able to clean/remove/disable Photos and it is useless beside Irfanview. Any suggestions on how to clean/remove/disable Photos and make...
  4. the default app for opening images is not photo viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the default app for opening images is not photo viewer: So i download a image from google using save as button and when i open the image it opens paint instead of photo viewer i tried right clicking it and then click open with i went through all options but there was no photo viewer in there i tried creating a shortcut of the...
  5. the default app for opening images is not photo viewer

the default app for opening images is not photo viewer: So i download a image from google using save as button and when i open the image it opens paint instead of photo viewer i tried right clicking it and then click open with i went through all options but there was no photo viewer in there i tried creating a shortcut of the...
  6. Can't set Imageglass as default photo viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't set Imageglass as default photo viewer: I am trying to set Imageglass as my default photo viewer. When I go to the default app section and select photo imageglass doesn't come up as an option. Is there any other way to set a default image viewer?...
  7. An App default was reset error it reset the windows photo viewer to default photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    An App default was reset error it reset the windows photo viewer to default photos: Hello Sir, My name is Ronak Savla, I have windows 10 pro, I get an problem as I start my computer for some work, I see the default app is changed from windows photo viewer which I installed as an registry file and it changes to default photo app. Can you give me any...
  8. Windows Photo Viewer not able to set as default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Photo Viewer not able to set as default: So I've added the registry key to activate back " Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\photoviewer.dll] [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\photoviewer.dll\shell] [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\photoviewer.dll\shell\open]...
  9. Change default photo viewer app

Change default photo viewer app: My friend did something on her computer the other day in which her pictures folder - the pictures are not pictures now, they have the default photo app viewer. How can I change them so she sees the pictures are pictures? [img] 103812
  10. Unable to set Photoscape as Default Photo Viewer

Unable to set Photoscape as Default Photo Viewer: Photoscape is an app that is functioning normally. I want to make it my Default Photo Viewer. When I go to Settings/Default Apps it is not on the list On one attempt to set, it stated that Photoscape was "unavailable" (not sure where that occurred) I have tried a number...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 change default app irfanview

2. Set Irfanview as default picture viewer for Windows 10

3. irfanview set as default viewer

4. set irfan view as default,
  5. irfanview an app caused a problem,
  6. set irfanview all users default image viewer windows 2012,
  7. how to make irfan default photo viewer