Windows 10: Trouble Setting up Pin Signin

Discus and support Trouble Setting up Pin Signin in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I had to install a new hard drive and my pin has been removed. When I try to create the pin again it says I must be connected to the internet, but as... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RobbieAnn, Aug 27, 2018.

1. RobbieAnn Win User

Trouble Setting up Pin Signin

I had to install a new hard drive and my pin has been removed. When I try to create the pin again it says I must be connected to the internet, but as you can see, I am connected to the internet. Somehow, I changed the settings and I am not sure what I did. I removed the pin number and now I cannot add it back again.

:)

RobbieAnn, Aug 27, 2018
  2. Dani Pun Win User

switching back to a pin# for window's10 signin

Hi Randy,

To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• Is your old PIN still stored in the settings of your computer?
    • Is the option to sign in using PIN enabled in the settings of your device?
    Please follow the steps to check if PIN is enabled, go to Settings. Under
    Accounts, click on Sign in options and check under
    PIN if it asks you to Add or Change.

If PIN is already stored in the settings of your device, check if it shows as an option for signing in when your device is locked. If your have both PIN and Password, it will give you an option to choose which one to use.

Trouble Setting up Pin Signin 1fe7a747-8cc5-404f-9f8f-acabcb56e286.png

Let us know how it goes.

Dani Pun, Aug 28, 2018
  3. BrianMBC Win User
    Trouble saving voicemail number

To access my voicemail it is my phone number, a pause and 4 digit pin.

I did the following steps:

• Turned off default voicemail number
    • Added a , (for pause) at end of my phone number
    • Added the 4 digit pin
    I get the following error message We're having trouble saving your voicemail number right now. Try again later.

Any suggestions on how to correct this?

BrianMBC, Aug 28, 2018
  4. Rey Bel1 Win User

Cannot set up PIN after Creators Update

In this case, we recommend to repair and set up a new PIN by doing the following steps:

• Open File Explorer and browser to this location:
    C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

• Delete everything within that folder. You must be logged in as the Administrator to do this.
    • Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options.
    • Click Add a PIN again and set your PIN.
    • PIN sign in should work moving forward.

Let us know if the steps above works.

Rey Bel1, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Trouble Setting up Pin Signin - Similar Threads - Trouble Setting Pin

2. Setting up PIN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setting up PIN: I recently reformatted my laptop and forgot to sign out of windows, now my recent PIN is no longer available due to change in security system, it said. But whenever I try 'set up my PIN' the screen says my user profile cannot be loaded....
  3. Set up pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up pin.: Hi so before I can get to homescreen i have to put my pin in.But , it says Something happened and your PIN isint available. Click to set up your PIN again. All fine bit when I press it it throws me back at the sam screen again and i have tried the safe restart thing.Any help...
  4. Unable to signin and reset pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to signin and reset pin: We’re unable to login and cannot create a pin as we’re unable to access settings on our laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-signin-and-reset-pin/2f4fe828-5f75-446d-92e1-19619724ab6e
  5. Unable to signin and reset pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to signin and reset pin: We’re unable to login and cannot create a pin as we’re unable to access settings on our laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-signin-and-reset-pin/2f4fe828-5f75-446d-92e1-19619724ab6e
  6. Setting up a pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting up a pin: Hello, I am trying to set up a pin for my Microsoft laptop but I get this message "Something went wrong We weren't able to set up your PIN. You can try again, or skip this step and set up a PIN later." I tried trying again, skipping the step and trying again later nothing...
  7. Unable to Signin using Pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to Signin using Pin: Hello,I have used the computer for over 4 years as of now.When I setup the login for the account I used a @gmail.com account, and I did not setup a password for a signin to the computer, I set up a pin.I was using the PC yesterday and decided to update it, the update stopped...
  8. Setting up a pin

Setting up a pin: Im trying to set up a pin but when I do it shows a black tab then it turns white and turns off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-a-pin/0eabbb62-0c5c-49a8-95d0-3c23a35d7a0e
  9. Setting up PIN?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting up PIN?: How do I set up a PIN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-pin/c8b64ad2-10fa-4ea3-86f4-e1e80433d2a8
  10. Setting up fingerprint signin

Setting up fingerprint signin: When I try to add my fingerprint to Windows Hello, I am able to start the procedure, but it suddenly stops working when it is partly done. What can I do to fix this?...