Windows 10: Trouble setting up Remote Access

Discus and support Trouble setting up Remote Access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Remote Connection tells me I can't have a blank password. But I cannot see where to put a password into the target computer. Is a new User a/c... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by James1093, Sep 3, 2018.

1. James1093 Win User

Trouble setting up Remote Access

Hi, Remote Connection tells me I can't have a blank password.
    But I cannot see where to put a password into the target computer. Is a new User a/c with password needed?
    However the User Accounts page doesn't show a "Create New User" option.
    Thanks for any help.

:)

James1093, Sep 3, 2018
  2. Steevo Win User

hijacked via remote network access

Sounds like you are the recipient of stolen goods. All of our work laptops have this feature where it locks the BIOS and hard disk remotely if stolen, misplaced, or after a certain number of failed access attempts to the data on the disk without the TPM key.

I would suggest returning it to wherever you bought or got it.

Steevo, Sep 3, 2018
  3. Remote access

In this case, we suggest checking this
    link
    to learn more about using the Remote Desktop app. This article will guide you on how to remotely access a desktop PC or a mobile device. For additional troubleshooting can you also answer the following questions:

• Is your computer connected to a domain?
    • Are you receiving error messages when using
      the Remote Desktop app?

We will wait for your reply.

Jefferson Ore, Sep 3, 2018
  4. Trouble setting up Remote Access

Remote access denied.

Hi Paul,

To resolve your concern about remote access denied, follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows logo+R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc on the Run box.
    • Open Remote Desktop Services.
    • Go to the Log On tab.
    • Select This account: Network Service.
    • Click Apply, and then OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Ruizell Rey, Sep 3, 2018
Thema:

Trouble setting up Remote Access

1. Trouble setting up Remote Access - Similar Threads - Trouble setting Remote

2. Set up remote access.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up remote access.: Set up remote access. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-remote-access/0656b06e-c5e2-41b8-ad1a-872595c00e39
  3. Set up remote access.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set up remote access.: Set up remote access. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-remote-access/0656b06e-c5e2-41b8-ad1a-872595c00e39
  4. Why is setting up remote access such a pain in the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is setting up remote access such a pain in the...: I paid for the pro version on my desktop at home so I could setup remote access through VPN and RDP when I go Nomad. I followed all of the guides videos, and everything else I could google and still can't get ANY of it to work. I don't configure this stuff on a regular basis...
  5. Why is setting up remote access such a pain in the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is setting up remote access such a pain in the...: I paid for the pro version on my desktop at home so I could setup remote access through VPN and RDP when I go Nomad. I followed all of the guides videos, and everything else I could google and still can't get ANY of it to work. I don't configure this stuff on a regular basis...
  6. Why is setting up remote access such a pain in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. How do I set up Remote Access?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I set up Remote Access?: My boss has two high-performance towers set up at his place and I want to work remotely & securely from my laptop. We already have few Win10 pro licenses available, so this won't be a problem. He can also provide me with a VPN service. I've been searching on reddit and...
  8. Settings of Remote access

Settings of Remote access: laptops are Win10 enterprise version If i use remote desktop connection to remote to computer "A", using account "abc" Another personal use account "xyz" to remote to this computer, i will receive an alert and decide if let another person connect. But When I use remote...
  9. SETTING UP REMOTE ACCESS TO WINDOWS 7 PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SETTING UP REMOTE ACCESS TO WINDOWS 7 PC: Hello I am trying to set up remote access to a Windows 7 pc based in South Africa using Windows 10 version. I have set up the remote access default and when I try to connect I get the following message: [Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]...
  10. SETTING UP REMOTE ACCESS TO WINDOWS 7 PC

SETTING UP REMOTE ACCESS TO WINDOWS 7 PC: Hello I am trying to set up remote access to a Windows 7 pc based in South Africa using Windows 10 version. I have set up the remote access default and when I try to connect I get the following message:...