Windows 10: Trouble trying to install Windows 10 Anniversary Update, version 1607

Discus and support Trouble trying to install Windows 10 Anniversary Update, version 1607 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have tried multiple times times to install the Windows 10 Pro, Anniversary Update to my desktop computer, a Dell Inspiron 560. Every time, the result... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JRAllen72653, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Trouble trying to install Windows 10 Anniversary Update, version 1607

I have tried multiple times times to install the Windows 10 Pro, Anniversary Update to my desktop computer, a Dell Inspiron 560. Every time, the result has been a computer that will not start-up, ie. Windows does not appear to load/run. I have tried the WURepair tool and tried to repair the System Registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Microsoft>Windows NT>ProfileList, all to no avail. I have had to restore my system with an previous Image to get it operational again. Has anybody else had this problem and been able to come up with an answer?

:)

JRAllen72653, Aug 14, 2016
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 14, 2016
  3. Install Windows 10 Updates Manually - Build 1511 OS Build 10586

Hi -

Thank you for your reply. If I run windows update, then it will install Windows Anniversary Edition 1607. I am trying to stay on version 1511 and only install certain cumulative updates.

Is there a way to do that? Your suggestion is to update to 14393 which is part of the cumulative updates for Windows Anniversary Edition 1607. I want to stay on Windows 10 Version 1511 and only install certain cumulative updates.

See image....

shakedown21, Aug 14, 2016
  4. Trouble trying to install Windows 10 Anniversary Update, version 1607

Hello JRAllen72653 Welcome to the Ten Forums!

One advice I can provide here would be to try a different method for either update by upgrade or planned clean install which doesn't seem to be what you have been looking for. When the Redstone 1 update didn't even arrive here for 3 separate desktops as well as a recently new laptop where 10 came already on not seeing the update still lead to fail of the MC Tool to see the immediate online upgrade take place or create the usb media needed.

Twin solutions were then sought! The first in order to see all machines updated was to download the "windows.iso" by way of the MC Tool which equals both the 32bit and 64bit flavors for both the Home and Pro editions. We call that a "4 in 1" type of download that covers everyone.

The second item on the agenda did opt to use a 3rd party program not the Windows option to mount the iso downloaded onto each machine or run from a flash drive where the setup.exe main executable would be manually started to watch each upgrade install take place. Once all systems were set which included one desktop only lately being upgraded from 7 Home Premium to 10 Home and then still waiting for the update to go on before return to owner was to visit a MS download iso type page to grab both the 32bit and 64bit smaller Dual Edition iso downloads to keep onhand.

For a final fix to all older already made up flash drives for the Threshold 2 update last November as well as for Windows Insider Preview builds were wiped almost but not all by overwrite of the older files and folders with the newer by extraction from the RS1 update's own iso file to update the usb media.

Now after download of the RS1 that might have been the first move in order to boot live from usb media for either upgrade or clean install depending on preference. The iso mounting however did work out here as another alternative option to the WU.

Night Hawk, Aug 14, 2016
  5. I have been able to get the media for the RS1 update, it's just that after installing it, my Dell i560 machine will not run.

JRAllen72653, Aug 14, 2016
  6. The wonders of "OEM" equipment! *Rolleyes*Mad*Sick Here I ended up trashing the entire drive on an older HP laptop when at first the upgrade to 10 came out FOOBAR! and later finding you couldn't resize the primary down just a little to see a second small backup partition created. NUKE ENTIRE DRIVE create brand new primary and secondary after already replacing failed upgrade with clean install 32bit for a nice fresh 64bit instead was how that was resolved!

Fortunately the 10 laptop mentioned being the replacement for the other that suddenly went DOA in December bought new with 10 in January only needed to see the iso downloaded mounted. For you on the other hand the much more drastic NUKE IT ALL almost could be the advice in order to wipe all the OEM Crapola off entirely which would then allow you to go anywhere! You might even decided the original drive was either too cramped or not fast enough as some would say get an SSD.

By the description you have provided so far however it sounds too much like an OEM locked you out deal where the factory primary and Proprietary nonsense is gumming up the works for you. First thing now before proceeding would be backing up everything you want from the drive regardless of which route you take. You could also see a full image made as well as saving all of the important personal files and then make the decision whether or not the OEM has to go! This unfortunately seems to be one option that you may have to choose in order to see the Redstone 1 go on without fuss provided the media you saw made up wasn't corrupted or impartial in some way leading to a bad install?

At times I ran into the need to have multiple flash drives made up when some iso simply didn't write well to usb! Changing or reinstalling the iso writing program used would end up being what solved it. Or a particular flash drive wouldn't be so write to friendly and simply had to be replaced.

Night Hawk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Trouble trying to install Windows 10 Anniversary Update, version 1607

1. Trouble trying to install Windows 10 Anniversary Update, version 1607 - Similar Threads - Trouble trying install

2. cant finish the anniversary update for the win 10 (1607)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    cant finish the anniversary update for the win 10 (1607): my laptop has been trying for many times for the anniversary update of win 10, but i always stuck at the 30%, and the laptop just crush there and remain 30% for all time. I have tried to reset the computer but still fail. What can I do??? 80279
  3. Windows 10 update to version 1607

Windows 10 update to version 1607: I did not know the "Anniversary Update" would install, like, Windows 11. (may well have been) I first had issues with the update error 'Can't yada, yada due to USB device. I found a reg fix for that. Loaded the update and it took like forever. OK, finally finished and last...
  4. Facebook App opens & closes on Anniversary update Version 1607

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facebook App opens & closes on Anniversary update Version 1607: It seems facebook app just open & closes right away on the Anniversary edition Version 1607 build 14383.187. I uninstalled & reinstalled app & no dice. I went also again to apps, features. facebook advanced options & reset still no dice. Anyone find a fix to this yet? or just...
  5. Anniversary Update 1607 Mandatory/Necessary ?

Anniversary Update 1607 Mandatory/Necessary ?: I did a clean install of 1607 on a separate partition and encountered wifi and graphic issues. Unsuccessful searched for appropriate drivers which may be found with further searching. However, my 3 year old Toshiba is running great on build 1511. Updates to 1511 were...
  6. Version 1607 trying to update my Windows 10 Professional

Version 1607 trying to update my Windows 10 Professional: I have set my Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Advanced options to "Defer upgrades". But, now I see in my Notifications that my computer is scheduled to Restart to install Version 1607. Has Microsoft overridden all users of Windows 10 Pro to install 1607 now?...
  7. Updated Version 1511 to anniversary update, 1607, but still at 1511

Updated Version 1511 to anniversary update, 1607, but still at 1511: Hello all. Running windows 10 pro 64 bit. I've updated from Version 1511 to the anniversary update, 1607. Or at least, I thought I did. The update went well, no hiccups, no errors. Used windows update, let it downloaded and install and rebooted. Alas, system...
  8. Font Issue with Win 10 1607 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Font Issue with Win 10 1607 Anniversary Update: Hello *Smile I just installed Windows 10 AU and now my loved Font is messed up. But only some letters. Anyone knows why and how to get all letters back? That Problem is system-wide. How to fix? Screenshot: Before: [img] After Win10 Update: [img] You can...
  9. Not enough space for anniversary update (1607)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not enough space for anniversary update (1607): Hello, I am the owner of a small laptop, an Acer Switch 10, which only have 32GB of SSD memory inside. I also have a microSD *always* in of 128GB, and a normal 500GB HDD on the keyboard, if plugged, of course. The internal memory has 6GB free right now, and I can't free...
  10. Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise ISO Anniversary Update 1607

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise ISO Anniversary Update 1607: Hi guys, does anyone know have a link to get Windows 10 Enterprise ISO Anniversary Update 1607 (preferably EN-GB). 79792