Windows 10: Trouble upgrading to windows 10 from 8.1

Discus and support Trouble upgrading to windows 10 from 8.1 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been trying many times to upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.1 but every time I get to the phase where my computer restarts to apply the changes it will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Wthackerlynn, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Trouble upgrading to windows 10 from 8.1

I've been trying many times to upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.1 but every time I get to the phase where my computer restarts to apply the changes it will fail at around 3% and revert back to 8.1. There is an error message that it says I can search for but I haven't been able to write it down yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Wthackerlynn, Jun 2, 2016

2. Erros upgrading Windows 8.1 pro to Windows 10 Pro

Hi,

I am having trouble while upgrading the Windows 8.1 pro laptop to Windows 10 pro. After the first reboot while installing, The system goes into windows 8.1 automatic start up repair and I am facing trouble in upgrading to windows 10. I have tried all methods,
    installing from USB, DVD, Hard Disk partition. but nothing worked.

regards

virendernegi, Jun 2, 2016
  3. Will my games such as Guild Wars 2 and DA: Inquisition stay or will I have to download and install them again?

I wish to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8.1 and this question is troubling me as these games take very long to download and install.

GeekyEquestrian, Jun 2, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Trouble upgrading to windows 10 from 8.1

There are 2 ways to upgrade to Windows 10.

1. By way of Windows Update.
    2. By way of using a downloaded iso file.

Which one were you using ?
    If you were using method #1 and unable to complete, try method #2.........................

Use the Tech Bench link below and download the iso file.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...brrWLRbagYCa0w

Scroll down to Select Edition > click the pointer at the right and select your edition of Windows 10 > click Confirm.
    Click the pointer and select Language > make sure you pick the same language the computer is now running > click Confirm
    Select the bit version, 32 or 64-bit. Make sure you select the same bit version as the computer is now running.
    At the bottom, click the pointer next to Save > click Save As > navigate to a folder of your choice > click the chosen folder > click Save
    The iso will start downloading to your chosen folder.
    When it is done, go to that folder > open the folder > right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup.exe
    Installation will begin.
    It will allow you to keep you files, settings and apps.
    No product key is required.
    Activation will be automatic.

davidhk, Jun 2, 2016
Thema:

Trouble upgrading to windows 10 from 8.1

1. Trouble upgrading to windows 10 from 8.1 - Similar Threads - Trouble upgrading

2. Trouble Upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble Upgrading to Windows 11: Hello, I am here because I am desperate. I wanted to upgrade to windows 11 long ago and I figured that around now would be a good time to switch. I go to update windows 11 and it tells me that my PC doesn't meet the current requirements to switch to windows 11. I found that...
  3. Trouble Upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble Upgrading to Windows 11: Hello, I am here because I am desperate. I wanted to upgrade to windows 11 long ago and I figured that around now would be a good time to switch. I go to update windows 11 and it tells me that my PC doesn't meet the current requirements to switch to windows 11. I found that...
  4. Trouble upgrading to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble upgrading to windows 11: I'm trying to upgrade to windows 11.Earlier today PC health check told me that it wasn't eligible because I didn't have the TPM 2.0 security setting. I have an MSI board, and enabled the bios setting there. I rebooted the machine and ran health check again. PC health Check...
  5. Trouble upgrading to windows 11

Trouble upgrading to windows 11: I'm trying to upgrade to windows 11.Earlier today PC health check told me that it wasn't eligible because I didn't have the TPM 2.0 security setting. I have an MSI board, and enabled the bios setting there. I rebooted the machine and ran health check again. PC health Check...
  6. Trouble upgrading to windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Trouble upgrading nvme m.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble upgrading nvme m.2 SSD: HiI have a Lenovo Yoga 6 13ALC6 AMD Ryzen5 5500Uwith a 256gb nvme m.2 SSD running windows 11 home.I am wanting to swap the 256gb Toshiba SSD for a 1tb Samsung 970 Evo Plus.After initialising the drive in windows disk management I have tried using Samsungs migration tool to...
  8. Trouble upgrading nvme m.2 SSD

Trouble upgrading nvme m.2 SSD: HiI have a Lenovo Yoga 6 13ALC6 AMD Ryzen5 5500Uwith a 256gb nvme m.2 SSD running windows 11 home.I am wanting to swap the 256gb Toshiba SSD for a 1tb Samsung 970 Evo Plus.After initialising the drive in windows disk management I have tried using Samsungs migration tool to...
  9. Trouble upgrading to windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble upgrading to windows 10.: Media creation tool gives error code and the windows updating assistant is not compatible either. Any suggestions please?media creation error code0x80072f8f - 0x20000...
  10. Trouble upgrading to windows 10.

Trouble upgrading to windows 10.: Media creation tool gives error code and the windows updating assistant is not compatible either. Any suggestions please?media creation error code0x80072f8f - 0x20000...