Windows 10: trouble with an exe file that is precluding me from installing Wireshark.

Discus and support trouble with an exe file that is precluding me from installing Wireshark. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to install Wireshark on my Windows 10 pc, but I get an error BCMWLTRY.EXE which stops the downloading process. I can't even find that file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Blue Dolphin MM, Apr 21, 2024.

1. trouble with an exe file that is precluding me from installing Wireshark.

I am trying to install Wireshark on my Windows 10 pc, but I get an error BCMWLTRY.EXE which stops the downloading process. I can't even find that file and would it damage my OS if I erased it? Moreover, I read that if this particular file resides in my C drive, which it does, it could be malware. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Blue Dolphin MM, Apr 21, 2024

2. Trouble booting .exe files

Like I said, it is not the installing, it is getting the programs to, lets say, stay in task manager and be usable. It just loads for a few moments, then disappears in the task manager. I'm having trouble loading the program from my shortcut, from files,
    and by right click>open. This problem is occuring with a lot of .exe files.

jessytrash, Apr 21, 2024
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Apr 21, 2024
  4. trouble with an exe file that is precluding me from installing Wireshark.

Can't run exe file

Hello Mike,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in running the .exe file. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What application are you trying to install?
    • Are you getting any error message when you try to install the application?
    • From where did you download the application?
    Please post to us with ,ore information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 21, 2024
Thema:

trouble with an exe file that is precluding me from installing Wireshark.

1. trouble with an exe file that is precluding me from installing Wireshark. - Similar Threads - trouble exe file

2. trouble with an exe file that is precluding me from installing Wireshark.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trouble with an exe file that is precluding me from installing Wireshark.: I am trying to install Wireshark on my Windows 10 pc, but I get an error BCMWLTRY.EXE which stops the downloading process. I can't even find that file and would it damage my OS if I erased it? Moreover, I read that if this particular file resides in my C drive, which it does,...
  3. trouble with an exe file that is precluding me from installing Wireshark.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    trouble with an exe file that is precluding me from installing Wireshark.: I am trying to install Wireshark on my Windows 10 pc, but I get an error BCMWLTRY.EXE which stops the downloading process. I can't even find that file and would it damage my OS if I erased it? Moreover, I read that if this particular file resides in my C drive, which it does,...
  4. problem installing an exe file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem installing an exe file: i had downloaded an old game file, needed to install it, however, the .exe file does not open. computer says "this app cant run in your pc. to find a version for your pc check with your software publisher." how do i solve this?? i tried the troubleshoot, the program doesnt...
  5. problem installing an exe file

problem installing an exe file: i had downloaded an old game file, needed to install it, however, the .exe file does not open. computer says "this app cant run in your pc. to find a version for your pc check with your software publisher." how do i solve this?? i tried the troubleshoot, the program doesnt...
  6. Application install .exe files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Application install .exe files: Stupid question.For years of using Windows now, every time I had to switch computers, either because I had to make a reset or because I purchased a new one, I always went online to look for my programs in order to download them again on the new system. Not only did I have to...
  7. Application install .exe files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application install .exe files: Stupid question.For years of using Windows now, every time I had to switch computers, either because I had to make a reset or because I purchased a new one, I always went online to look for my programs in order to download them again on the new system. Not only did I have to...
  8. Application install .exe files

9. Installing an .exe File from a trusted source

Installing an .exe File from a trusted source: I have attempted to install a Program from fidelity.com and I continue to get the following warning: [ATTACH] I am the administrator, I have disabled firewall, Antivirus, Checked security policies, created policies to allow this to install. and I am still blocked. Any...
  10. Unable to Install .exe file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to Install .exe file: I have a Win10 laptop. I'm trying to run setup.exe from a DVD. I get a msg: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access them." My DVD works fine. I am the administrator on my laptop and there are no other...