Windows 10: Trouble with application installation and .dll files

Discus and support Trouble with application installation and .dll files in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I was downloading a game recently but the installation cannot proceed because it keeps saying the following .dll files cannot be found:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by R-JanGervacio, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Trouble with application installation and .dll files

So I was downloading a game recently but the installation cannot proceed because it keeps saying the following .dll files cannot be found: AnselSDK64.dll & steam_api64.dll.

However, the following .dll files are blatantly inside the installation folder already so this error shouldn't even be occurring.

Can anybody help?

:)

R-JanGervacio, Jul 15, 2018

2. WinRing0.dll missing. Installing realtemp issue?

Hi Shane,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

You may get WinRing0.dll error message when you are trying to run or install some applications. This kind of error can happen when Windows or software starts or shuts down, or maybe when you are using the computer or software.

WinRing0.dll error may be caused by the following situations:

• WinRing0.dll file may be mistakenly deleted by someone, computer antivirus or system cleaning tools.
    • WinRing0.dll file is corrupted or damaged by virus infections.
    • Some applications were installed or uninstalled improperly.
    • The configuration entries of WinRing0.dll file is still active in the systemregistry.
    • There may be something wrong with your computer hardware.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to repair the WinRing0.dll files on your system:

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest Windows updates and check if it helps.

Step 2: Run SFC Scan.

What is SFC (System File Checker)?

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the steps given in the below article to perform SFC scan:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833?ppud=4&wa=wsignin1.0

Note: Steps applies to Windows 10 as well.

Step 3: I would suggest you to run
    Microsoft Safety Scanner
    which will help you to remove virus from your system.

Microsoft Safety Scanner removes virus or malware which is present in your system and might be causing harm to your system.

To run Microsoft Safety scanner follow the below link:

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-in/default.aspx

Try the above steps and let us know if it helps. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 15, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Registering a dll

Hi Donald,

There are a lot of factors for this matter. to isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• What application does the .dll belongs to?

• Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the software?

• Aside from downloading and installing the .dll file, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 15, 2018
  4. Trouble with application installation and .dll files

Missing .dll file .

Hi,

I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if it helps resolve the issue.

• Uninstall all those apps (using revo uninstaller) which are giving you msvcr100.dll and msvcp100.dll files missing error
    • Open the link below
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

And download and install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4.

3. Download VSU_4\vcredist_x64.exe if you’ll be installing this on Windows 10 64bit.

4. Download VSU_4\vcredist_x86.exe if you’ll be installing this on Windows 10 32bit.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

Trouble with application installation and .dll files

1. Trouble with application installation and .dll files - Similar Threads - Trouble application installation

2. dll files + what applications do I have to install to get the required dll files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dll files + what applications do I have to install to get the required dll files?: I am running an application, but the below dll files cannot be founducrtbased.dllVCRUNTIME140D.dllVCRUNTIME140.dllCan someone tell me what applications I need to install to get these? Below are some applications I have tried. windows sdk visual studiovisual C++...
  3. dll files + what applications do I have to install to get the required dll files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dll files + what applications do I have to install to get the required dll files?: I am running an application, but the below dll files cannot be founducrtbased.dllVCRUNTIME140D.dllVCRUNTIME140.dllCan someone tell me what applications I need to install to get these? Below are some applications I have tried. windows sdk visual studiovisual C++...
  4. dll files + what applications do I have to install to get the required dll files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to install a msvcp100.dll file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to install a msvcp100.dll file: Hi Can anyone help me, I recently installed a new programme which refuses to run because of Error missing MSVCP100.dll file.Where can I get one from and how do I install it.Thankyou....
  6. how to install a msvcp100.dll file

how to install a msvcp100.dll file: Hi Can anyone help me, I recently installed a new programme which refuses to run because of Error missing MSVCP100.dll file.Where can I get one from and how do I install it.Thankyou....
  7. Where to install a missing .dll file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where to install a missing .dll file?: I'm trying to install some old software that has vital info on it from an old program Corel friends & family 21 years of reminders and that has current doctor appointments etc on it.I tried installing it in compatibility mode closest to the date of publishing win96But keep...
  8. Where to install a missing .dll file?

Where to install a missing .dll file?: I'm trying to install some old software that has vital info on it from an old program Corel friends & family 21 years of reminders and that has current doctor appointments etc on it.I tried installing it in compatibility mode closest to the date of publishing win96But keep...
  9. Having trouble finding a dll file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having trouble finding a dll file: So it not uncommon for me to have to fix windows 10 after a clean instal but this time was intense but there is one dll file that I've looked everywhere for and I guess it just doesn't exist or something VCRUNTIME140_1_APP.dll Does anyone know where to find this or have a...
  10. Trouble with missing .dll files.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble with missing .dll files.: So I am trying to install some new software on a computer I just recieved from my brother, and it won’t install due to two missing .dll files. I didn’t care about any of the files on there so first thing I did was restore the whole system. Then I tried downloading the...