Windows 10: Trouble with display driver

Discus and support Trouble with display driver in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm trying to solve a problem that I've had for a while now, and I'm using ddu to uninstall my display driver someone suggested I did so. I launch it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SillyMute, Dec 4, 2023.

1. SillyMute Win User

Trouble with display driver

I'm trying to solve a problem that I've had for a while now, and I'm using ddu to uninstall my display driver someone suggested I did so. I launch it in normal mode, resetting my driver to the Microsoft default. I then download a new driver from the amd website, and try to install it. After restarting my pc to apply the driver, I check the device manager. There it shows that my display driver had not changed to the one I downloaded, and instead reset to what it was before I started trying to fix it.Any and all help is greatly appreciated as I'm trying to fix this without having to bring it t

:)

SillyMute, Dec 4, 2023

2. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Dec 4, 2023
  3. Display Driver keeps crashing than recovering

Hello Lego,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to play the game as computer prompts with error “Display Drivers have stopped responding and have recovered” and screen freezes, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Please follow the below troubleshooting steps and check:

Step 1: Update/Install the Display Adapter driver.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to install/update the Display Adapter driver.

Steps to install the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open
      Run command.

• In Run window type devmgmt.msc.

• Then in device manager right click on Display Adapter.

• Try to update the drivers from the option stating automatically update the drivers.

• If it works fine otherwise try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: If that does not fix the issue, please reinstall the display adapter drivers.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Display adapter.

• Right-click on the Display adapter that is listed and click “Uninstall”.

• And restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 4, 2023
  4. Arun B J Win User

Catalyst 15.7.1 AMD Display Driver Installation Fail?

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display adapters and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 4, 2023
Thema:

1. Trouble with display driver - Similar Threads - Trouble display driver

2. Trouble with display driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble with display driver: I'm trying to solve a problem that I've had for a while now, and I'm using ddu to uninstall my display driver someone suggested I did so. I launch it in normal mode, resetting my driver to the Microsoft default. I then download a new driver from the amd website, and try to...
  3. Trouble with display driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trouble with display driver: I'm trying to solve a problem that I've had for a while now, and I'm using ddu to uninstall my display driver someone suggested I did so. I launch it in normal mode, resetting my driver to the Microsoft default. I then download a new driver from the amd website, and try to...
  4. Display trouble

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display trouble: Everytime I turn on my computer my second display can not be found. If I uninstall the GPU in device manager and scan for changes I can then use the second display. My drivers are all up to date and so is my windows updates. Just everytime I start the second display is show...
  5. Display trouble

Display trouble: Everytime I turn on my computer my second display can not be found. If I uninstall the GPU in device manager and scan for changes I can then use the second display. My drivers are all up to date and so is my windows updates. Just everytime I start the second display is show...
  6. Display Driver Trouble please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Driver Trouble please help.: Last night I wanted to turn on "night light" mode, but it was grayed out, so I followed an online article that said to uninstall my display drivers, restart my computer, then reinstall them. I got stuck on the "reinstall" part because whenever I try to install them on Device...
  7. Display Driver Trouble please help.

Display Driver Trouble please help.: Last night I wanted to turn on "night light" mode, but it was grayed out, so I followed an online article that said to uninstall my display drivers, restart my computer, then reinstall them. I got stuck on the "reinstall" part because whenever I try to install them on Device...
  8. Display Driver Trouble please help.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Trouble with display drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble with display drivers: So I have about an 8 year old HP laptop, model DV7 6B01TX (it still runs well enough for what I need it for which is why I'm putting in the effort to get it to work haha). It originally ran win7, then I upgraded to win10 with zero issues. Recently I had some issues and...
  10. Display trouble

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display trouble: So, I got two graphic card or something, one is GeForce GTX 1070 and one is Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630, apparently my device is connected to the 630 one and when I try to play Far Cry 5 it's super lag so much. Is there any way for me to use the 1070 one instead?...