Windows 10: Trouble with shortcut icons

Discus and support Trouble with shortcut icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My shortcut icons (which I created on the websites) are empty. When I go into their "properties" the target is a google app. When I try to change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rwkonner, Aug 19, 2017.

1. rwkonner Win User

Trouble with shortcut icons

My shortcut icons (which I created on the websites) are empty. When I go into their "properties" the target is a google app. When I try to change the target to the appropriate web address I get an error message that target is invalid. Is something interfering with me?

:)

rwkonner, Aug 19, 2017
  2. eoin_p_c Win User

Nokia 5800 Shortcut menu

I am having trouble with the shortcut menu on my phone.

The shortcuts will not show as icons and if I press the button where the short cuts should be the button lights up but does nothing. Also the dialer and the contacts buttons do not work, the icons are there but nothing happens when I press them.

eoin_p_c, Aug 19, 2017
  3. Why is it impossible to change a particular icon for a particular desktop folder?

I'm having trouble with the "change icon" procedure; it involves a desktop folder containing shortcuts. I've received responses, but they've been useless. One response, for example, provided a link to a web page full of images, with no useful instructions
    for how to make use of these images in the Icon-change procedure.

To be more specific, the icon in question is identical to the one associated with the control panel, and it simply will NOT change. The folder in question contains shortcuts it several useful utilities, and its name is "TOOLS". The icon I want to assign
    to this folder is contained in the "shell32.dll" file, and it shows a group of physical tools (screwdriver, hammer, etc.).

Jim Giglio 81 - gmail, Aug 19, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

If saving to the desktop, delete them and use a favorites folder for bookmarks.

bro67, Aug 19, 2017
Thema:

1. Trouble with shortcut icons - Similar Threads - Trouble shortcut icons

2. Trouble with Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble with Taskbar Icons: Hello,I recently purchased a new Lenovo laptop and I notice a problem I have with a Dell laptop I have. The Windows 11 taskbar does not show the icons for my programs properly. Some are fine, but many are just a white box with a blue box inside. I have tried numerous ways to...
  3. Having trouble in creating shortcuts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Having trouble in creating shortcuts: I think most people are having the same issue like me. I was about to create a shortcut but it says the following error message: -I mean it's not an error, but it's just that I don't understand. I don't know whether I did it correct or not. But I have done it correct, I swear...
  4. Having trouble in creating shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having trouble in creating shortcuts: I think most people are having the same issue like me. I was about to create a shortcut but it says the following error message: -I mean it's not an error, but it's just that I don't understand. I don't know whether I did it correct or not. But I have done it correct, I swear...
  5. Having trouble in creating shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Shortcut Icon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shortcut Icon: I created a custom app icon in procreate and imported it onto my laptop. I converted it to an icon file and the resolution was exactly the same, but when I apply the icon to the short cut the quality is pixilated. When I make the icons smaller it makes it worse. What's...
  7. Icon shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon shortcuts.: Well, surprise surrise, Microsoft have done it again. They have removed the drop down option for putting shortcut icons on my desktop. WHT DID THEY DO THAT, I KNOW ,BECAUSE IT WORKED???? I have spent the best part of the morning trying to reinstate my icons on my desktop,...
  8. shortcut icon

shortcut icon: I created a new shortcut icon on my desk top for NOAA weather. The icon works fine, however I want to change the logo that you click on from google to NOAA. I have searched many different how to sites but am unable to do so. Do you have a suggestion? Thank you...
  9. Icons for shortcuts

Icons for shortcuts: Are there icons that can be used for shortcuts on the desktop in addition to the ones that come up when you change the icon under properties in Windows 10? Thanks, BillR_42...
  10. Trouble creating a desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble creating a desktop shortcut: The program WinsSCP comes with 2 executables: WinSCP.exe and WinSCP.com. I am trying to create desktop shortcuts for each. I had no trouble creating one for the .exe file but Windows won't create for the .com file. If I go to its folder, click and drag it to the desktop,...