Windows 10: Troubleshooting a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD

Discus and support Troubleshooting a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've been trying to troubleshoot a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error that occurs very frequently on my PC. It is a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StevenInfinity, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Troubleshooting a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD

Hello,

I've been trying to troubleshoot a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error that occurs very frequently on my PC. It is a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error, and there doesn't seem to be any single cause for the error. It's happened:

• when I open a new window or tab in Firefox
    • if I leave Microsoft Word or OneNote open and walk away from the computer to do something, I usually find the BSOD waiting for me when I return
    • when playing video games (e.g. Fortnite), usually 30 minutes or more into a session. In fact, the last time I got the BSOD a friend had sent me a group invite at exactly that moment.
    • when running intensive programs like MATLAB
    • and every once in a while, the BSOD will pop up when the PC is idle on the desktop without any particular programs open

This is the most recent of the crash dump files (from WhoCrashed):

On Tue 8/7/2018 10:02:07 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\080718-42140-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x198430)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x411, 0xFFFFC7FC89480808, 0xEA86, 0xFFFFC78000000000)
    Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred. A page table entry (PTE) has been corrupted. Parameter 2 is the address of the PTE.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

I've tried a few things so far, but nothing has resolved the error:

• I tried using sfc/scannow; it turned up no errors
    • the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool reports no errors
    • I have tried -- but have not been able to complete (because it gets stuck at 11%) -- a disk check
    • I recently updated my graphics driver (as a new version was available), but the issue existed before and after the new release.
    • I initially thought that it might be a thermal issue because of how hot it has been where I live (and because the PC had overheating issues that I resolved last year), so I installed a program to track the temperatures from my desktop. As far as I can tell, the CPU is never above 40 degrees C when the BSOD occurs. The GPU sometimes gets near 80 degrees C when I'm playing something on high settings, but this has not resulted in a BSOD.

:)

StevenInfinity, Aug 7, 2018
  2. OneMoar Win User
    OneMoar, Aug 7, 2018
  3. [BSOD] Memory_Management

Hi Patrick,

There's a lot of reason for booting in to a BSOD, like problems with the driver for your display adapter or the video output is being sent to an unexpected port. In order for us to efficiently assist you, we just have few questions for you:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting any error message/code along with the BSOD?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Aug 7, 2018
  4. Troubleshooting a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD

Frequent display driver crashes and MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD

Well sorry to tell you but display driver still crashes when launching a game.
    so uhh
    ./wernotdonehere

It could be because it's an upgrade from w7 and not a clean install, which I'll try tomorrow, but still.

LAserman367, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

Troubleshooting a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD

1. Troubleshooting a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD - Similar Threads - Troubleshooting MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD

2. Memory_management bsod

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory_management bsod: Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 Got a BSOD with the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT stop code. -(2020-10-15_19-26-25).zip 166454
  3. Memory_management BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory_management BSOD: I have tried a million times to fix this problem and we even took it to a shop. Mind you this shop is decent and they tend to know what they are doing it was not best buy but a local shop. This error occurs when we attempt to launch a game or during random downloads. When we...
  4. Bsod memory_management

Bsod memory_management: Hi everyone, I recently had MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD on my laptop. I left it running on battery for a while, when I came back it was showing the blue screen and the battery was almost depleted. I'm guessing it happened trying to hibernate or go to sleep. Hopefully you can help...
  5. BSOD memory_management

BSOD memory_management: Hello I have a new BSOD problem with my envy for the first time in 1 and half year this is the first time i got this problem of this type. I got a memory management blue screen BSOD when checking the dmp file it gives me the following : { MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x0000001a...
  6. MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD: Hello all, I have been getting Memory Management blue screens for the past week. The blue screens have some patterns. Upon my initial boot of the computer, I almost always get a bluescreen right after I type in my password and enter into Windows. However, after the restart...
  7. BSOD Memory_Management

BSOD Memory_Management: Estimados, En algunas ocasiones, mientras estamos trabajando con el notebook, nos tira BSOD Memory_Management *** STOP: 0x0000001A (0x00000000000000403,0FFFFF68000040DD8,0xD410000047F14967,0xFFFFF68000031968) Desconocemos exactamente cual pueda ser la causa. Dejo log...
  8. Bsod memory_management

Bsod memory_management: I've had multiple BSOD's over the past month or so. I've updated all drivers and still had a BSOD today. I've tried using WinDBG but am not smart enough to use it properly. Any assistance would be appreciated. 86632
  9. BSOD Memory_management

BSOD Memory_management: I have had periodic BSODs on this PC, perhaps every 30 days. Usually irql_not_less_or_equal This is a new cause. I have tested the memory previously with no errors reported. I have (hopefully) attached the report below. Thanks for any assistance. 66574
  10. BSOD Memory_Management

BSOD Memory_Management: I don't know what happened. I just built a new PC and did a fresh install of windows, everything was running fine for about a week and all of the sudden google chrome started not being able to load webpages, asking me to reload every page then I just got a random BSOD...