Windows 10: TrueCrypt automount problem on Windows 10

Discus and support TrueCrypt automount problem on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HIYAS, While I'm configuring latest Windows 10 I've met a problem with automounting TrueCrypt volumes on Windows logon. After initial TC install I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Anakunda, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Anakunda Win User

TrueCrypt automount problem on Windows 10

HIYAS,
    While I'm configuring latest Windows 10 I've met a problem with automounting TrueCrypt volumes on Windows logon. After initial TC install I was able to assign default keyfiles, define favourite volumes and set them for automount. This worked unattended several reboots but later TrueCrypt refused to mount (asked for password). I din uninstall and reinstall and re-copy my keyfiles in place. TC is able to mount all affected volumes using the keyfile BUT is not automounting at logon anymore. If I run TC panel manually and execute Mount favorite volumes, it does so. The problem is that the autostart entry is not executing:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    "TrueCrypt"=""C:\\Program Files\\TrueCrypt\\TrueCrypt.exe" /q preferences /a logon /a devices /a favorites"

I can't find why it's not working, is something wrong set up in preferences?

TrueCrypt automount problem on Windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

Anakunda, Jul 20, 2015
  2. Einar987 Win User

Windows 7 to 10 upgrade: TrueCrypt 7.1a

My work laptop has whole disk encryption using TrueCrypt 7.1a and I have external backup hard drives that are also encrypted using TrueCrypt so I would like to know if an upgrade to Windows 10 (from Windows 7) will cause any problems?

- Will the whole encryption be okay?

- Will I need a TrueCrypt app to read external hard drives that have been encrypted using TrueCrypt?

- Will I need a TrueCrypt app to read files (containers) that have been encrypted using TrueCrypt?

The compatibility report from the Windows 10 app did not identify TrueCrypt as a problem.

I know that TrueCrypt is no longer supported but it works well and has never given me any problems. Thus I would like to keep it for as long as possible.

Kind regards,

Einar

Einar987, Jul 20, 2015
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Query about the availability of True Crypt with Windows 10

Hi Ed,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10 Technical Preview.

Are you referring to the free open-source disk encryption software?

If yes, then there is no information about Truecrypt with Windows 10 Technical Preview.

Compatibility
    of Truecrypt in Windows 10 Technical Preview

You can either contact the application support and check or you may wait for the Windows 10 to release and check if it works.

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, Jul 20, 2015
  4. DavidY Win User

I don't know why it doesn't work.

However I wondered if an alternative/ workaround might be to use Task Scheduler to create a task that runs after startup? I do this in Windows 8.1 with a VHD file that I encrypt with Bitlocker, which is along the same lines as something you might be doing with Truecrypt volumes, and it seems reliable in 8.1

I think it worked in Windows 10 too, although that computer got wiped and clean-installed so I haven't tested it long-term with Windows 10.

DavidY, Jul 20, 2015
Thema:

1. TrueCrypt automount problem on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - TrueCrypt automount problem

2. Endless loop of Windows undoing updates on laptop with Truecrypt installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Endless loop of Windows undoing updates on laptop with Truecrypt installed: I have an 8 Years old laptop running windows 8.1 that I am trying to re-purpose and make useable again. The Laptop has Truecrypt boot loader installed on it and I have the password. The issue is that it has sat for a couple of years and when I turned it on today it attempted...
  3. Veracrypt automount

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Veracrypt automount: Hey! How do i get veracrypt to automount? i have diffrent passwords, on all my veracrypt drives? 180623
  4. Automounting USB devices puzzle

Automounting USB devices puzzle: I have an experience about the auto mounting of USB devices which has been going on for a long time, but continues to puzzle me. A Debian desktop is running using an /etc/fstab file in which the mount options for a couple of USB devices are defined. Both devices use the...
  5. USB HDD Automount

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB HDD Automount: In Windows 10, if I plug in a USB HDD/Flash drive all is well. If I leave the external HDD's (2 of them) plugged in, they do not show up when I start Windows, I have to unplug and re-plug them before they're available. Any guidance please as this is a pain in the rear?...
  6. Truecrypt-Permanently decrypting external HDD stuck

Truecrypt-Permanently decrypting external HDD stuck: Hello! I have a 1TB external HDD crypted with TrueCrypt since a couple of months and it's 99% full of important files. I wanted to decrypt it so I used "permanent decrypt", put my password and the progress bar is at 0.029% and the estimating time got from 8 hours to 160 days...
  7. Enable or Disable Automount of New Disks and Drives in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Automount of New Disks and Drives in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Automount of New Disks and Drives in Windows How to Enable or Disable Automatic Mounting of New Disks and Drives in Windows Automount is enabled by default in Windows. When enabled, Windows automatically mounts the file system for a new volume...
  8. How to disable automount of drives in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to disable automount of drives in Windows 10: Hello All, Does anyone have an idea of how to prevent the automounting of hard disks / other media (particularly USB drives and SD cards) in Windows 10? It seems that the registry hacks that work in Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1 do not work in Windows 10. To check this,...
  9. Not indexing (searching) truecrypt volume

in Windows 10 Support
    Not indexing (searching) truecrypt volume: I can't get windows 10 to search mounted truecrypt volumes, ie, type part of the file name into the "search windows" box and it doesn't bring up a "best match", I just get "no results found". I have added the volumes to indexing locations in the indexing options (eg local...
  10. Does "the cloud" have something against TrueCrypt containers?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does "the cloud" have something against TrueCrypt containers?: I've been having a little problem with uploading my backup files to "cloud" storage services lately. I have all my personal files in TrueCrypt containers to keep everything secure. I have them that way in my computer, and also in a flash drive. When my old computer died, I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. truecrypt no automount windows 10

2. truecrypt windows10 sleep