Windows 10: Truly virtual

Discus and support Truly virtual in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Since there is nothing to virtualize right now, this is a truly virtual topic. Anyone care to theorize on how easy it will be to virtualize 9? *Smile... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by popeye, Sep 10, 2014.

1. popeye Win User

Truly virtual

Since there is nothing to virtualize right now, this is a truly virtual topic. Anyone care to theorize on how easy it will be to virtualize 9? *Smile

:)

popeye, Sep 10, 2014

2. Search doesn't return results

I'm not sure off the top of my head why that would be the case. What about safe mode, are you able to boot into safe mode with the startup options?

I honestly wonder if the recovery environment is truly necessary, or if it could be done by just stopping the search service. I'm on the phone right now but when I get back to my real computer I could try it out in a virtual machine where there's no risk.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Sep 10, 2014
  3. eddutra Win User
    are you kidding me!

First off...thank you for your response, its truly appreciated. I did do a clean install, That is ,tech did ,virtual desktop. Didnt seem to help with WARTHUNDER GAME PLAY. i was told ,and win 10 just has too many things running in background ,and wont
    let you disable. that is true ,ive tried to ,it wont let you. Theres just so much incompatibility seeming to be going on internally. This is not just with the gaming processing, using ,firefox ,chrome, flash player compatibility. SO many things ,its just
    too much for myself. But I will be honest, its not being able to play Warthunder ,games, without having slow, lagged ,ect, every time ,EVERY time. Ive tried so many things for the last couple of months to fix. frustrating............ But if you think , you
    can help , it would be truly , Truly! appreciated ....... or helping going back to 8.1 AGAIN THANKYOU

eddutra, Sep 10, 2014
  4. strollin Win User

Truly virtual

It better work well, that's how I plan to run the preview whenever it's released. I remember when the Win 8 preview was released I couldn't get it to install in VirtualBox but it installed OK in VMWare Player. Within a short time (days), Oracle released an update that made it so the preview would install in VB.

strollin, Sep 10, 2014
  5. popeye Win User
    Will be interesting to see how Hyper-V handles it although I don't plan on testing it. I'm a VMWare Player fanboy.

popeye, Sep 10, 2014
  6. popeye Win User
    We can hope. Would like to look at it on a VM first myself.

popeye, Sep 10, 2014
  7. I remember back in the days of Windows 8 consumer preview it would throw a HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED bsod when virtualized. Hope and pray I can get this running on my Toshiba Satellite in VB; otherwise I'll partition and install on my HDD since I'm too poor to get VMWare lol.

trashcan86, Sep 30, 2014
  8. popeye Win User

Truly virtual

I use the VMWare Player which is free. Hopefully will play nice, going to try it in the next few days.

popeye, Oct 4, 2014
  9. Kari Win User
    Hyper-V both runs Windows 10 guests and and works well as a Hyper-V host. To get screenshots to this tutorial, I installed Windows 10 Tech Preview on a Hyper-V vm running on a Windows 10 Tech preview laptop.

Kari, Oct 4, 2014
  10. adamf Win User
    adamf, Oct 4, 2014
  11. I used the VMware player also, but I could not install the 64 bit Win 10.
    Used the 32 bit version and all was well.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Oct 4, 2014
  12. strollin Win User
    I used VMWare Player and installed the 64-bit W10 without issue. How much RAM did you allocate to the VM?

strollin, Oct 4, 2014
  13. Truly virtual

2GB out of 6.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Oct 4, 2014
  14. popeye Win User
    Good info! *Smile

popeye, Oct 4, 2014
  15. Windows 10 runs very good on me. The problem is that my Intel Pentium Dual Core doesn't support Virtualization Technology so it runs horribly bad even if I set my OS to use 4GB.

RoasterMen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Truly virtual

1. Truly virtual - Similar Threads - Truly virtual

2. problems with my surface pro 8 business Windows eleven I am truly tired of telling this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems with my surface pro 8 business Windows eleven I am truly tired of telling this...: I have a Microsoft business now when the I first contacted Microsoft I was trying that I wanted to create another desktop on my same computer so I had one for business which this computer was made for Surface Pro 8 its not a chrome that was my laptop a computer awhile ago...
  3. problems with my surface pro 8 business Windows eleven I am truly tired of telling this...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problems with my surface pro 8 business Windows eleven I am truly tired of telling this...: I have a Microsoft business now when the I first contacted Microsoft I was trying that I wanted to create another desktop on my same computer so I had one for business which this computer was made for Surface Pro 8 its not a chrome that was my laptop a computer awhile ago...
  4. How can I, actually, and truly permanently disable windows updates in Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I, actually, and truly permanently disable windows updates in Win10: I have an old piece of software that is happy in Windows 10 on a virgin install. After a few weeks windows updates and breaks the software. I need to permanently disable updates, period, into perpetuity. The disabling services option only works until a reboot and i cannot...
  5. How can I, actually, and truly permanently disable windows updates in Win10

How can I, actually, and truly permanently disable windows updates in Win10: I have an old piece of software that is happy in Windows 10 on a virgin install. After a few weeks windows updates and breaks the software. I need to permanently disable updates, period, into perpetuity. The disabling services option only works until a reboot and i cannot...
  6. How can I, actually, and truly permanently disable windows updates in Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Why isn't two-step verification truly two step as far as I can tell?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't two-step verification truly two step as far as I can tell?: I have had passwordless off will change today and two-step ON. The likelihood that someone has my password is slim. It was changed just a few months ago and is long and complex. Regardless, I received an Authenticator request to access my account today. I denied it but is...
  8. Why isn't two-step verification truly two step as far as I can tell?

Why isn't two-step verification truly two step as far as I can tell?: I have had passwordless off will change today and two-step ON. The likelihood that someone has my password is slim. It was changed just a few months ago and is long and complex. Regardless, I received an Authenticator request to access my account today. I denied it but is...
  9. So I'm learning python and was wondering if professional programmers truly memories all the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So I'm learning python and was wondering if professional programmers truly memories all the...: So I'm learning python and was wondering if professional programmers truly memories all the code they use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-im-learning-python-and-was-wondering-if/28fa24e3-2ab9-4774-b2e1-52dc52352348
  10. It's late 2020 and you can't still have truly separate virtual desktops on your win10!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    It's late 2020 and you can't still have truly separate virtual desktops on your win10!: It's not possible to have different set of icons on each virtual desktop. It's not even possible to have different wallpapers on each of them without third parties..what a shame! submitted by /u/Agha_shadi [link] [comments]...