Windows 10: Trusted Installer in my new Win 10 1803 laptop keeps modifying startup settings, many times...

Discus and support Trusted Installer in my new Win 10 1803 laptop keeps modifying startup settings, many times... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently converted to Windows 10 because my old laptop died and all new ones come with Win 10 only. Its Win 10 1803, activated & updated. Installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LeBoyd81, Jul 31, 2018.

1. LeBoyd81 Win User

Trusted Installer in my new Win 10 1803 laptop keeps modifying startup settings, many times...

Recently converted to Windows 10 because my old laptop died and all new ones come with Win 10 only. Its Win 10 1803, activated & updated. Installed ESET as my security software.

I have been using it for about 1.5 weeks now and I notice (well, its kinda hard not to) that there is a windows service called Trusted Installer that keeps modifying startup settings in my registry over and over again. I know this because ESET shows up an info popup every time this happens, which is many times an hour. I searched for it, but there isn't much info on this particular issue out there - mostly posts on people who mistake the service for a virus or something. I am pretty sure that is not the case here, because I went online only after I had installed ESET, and imported all of the security settings from my old laptop.

I need help finding out what exactly is going on with Trusted Installer. The only evidence I have for this is the popup from ESET, which I will post here. If there is some other place Windows logs this info that might help shed light on what is happening and help solve this riddle, please let me know.

Trusted Installer in my new Win 10 1803 laptop keeps modifying startup settings, many times... 8a96adcf-15a9-41a3-9f9c-43e0c992cc4e?upload=true.png

:)

LeBoyd81, Jul 31, 2018

2. Windows 10 Version 1803 Startup Apps configuration settings

With the 1803 feature update, 'Startup Apps' configuration controls

are now available at Settings/Apps/Startup.

One of the apps listed is a desktop app (not an Appx package)

that is configured for all users. The startup link for the app is

stored in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp

If the app is configured to NOT start on log in (Off), the Settings window is

closed and Settings/Apps/Startup is reopened, the configuration for the

app is back to On.

I could not find this scenario listed as an issue with the 1803 update

and although it is minor it was a bit confusing.

ChrisGreen3, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Following Win 10 Update (1803): Unable to print (Printer offline message).

Printer Samsung ML2950 Series.

I have followed all the suggestions here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027397/windows-10-fix-printer-problems

None of them fix the problem.

The printer is working fine. Another WIN 10 computer on the network is able to print to the printer without issue.

Latest updates:

• WIN 10 1803

and

• Security Update for Adobe Flash for Win 10 1803 KB4338832

I uninstalled KB4338832 and the problem persists, so I presume that the problem is with the 1803 update (as that took around 2 hours to install, I'm reluctant to uninstall it to test it).

Gary Allman, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Trusted Installer in my new Win 10 1803 laptop keeps modifying startup settings, many times...

Win 10 Set Time Automatically Changes time AND Date

Hello,

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. We will help you.

In the Date and Time Settings dialog box, do one or more of the following:

• To change the hour, double-click the hour, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• To change the minutes, double-click the minutes, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• To change the seconds, double-click the seconds, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• When you have finished changing the time settings, click OK.

• To change the time zone, click Change time zone.

• In the Time Zone Settings dialog box, click your current time zone in the drop-down list, and then click
      OK.
    Also I suggest you to check the below steps to change the time using the command prompt.

• Right click on Start and select the
      Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type the word "time". Type a space, and enter the new time in the following format:
    • HH:MM:SS AM/PM. For example, time 5:34:00 PM, time 12:15:00 AM, etc.
    • Press enter or return.
    Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

Trusted Installer in my new Win 10 1803 laptop keeps modifying startup settings, many times...

1. Trusted Installer in my new Win 10 1803 laptop keeps modifying startup settings, many times... - Similar Threads - Trusted Installer 1803

2. Laptop keeps crashing and BSOD for many times due to IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keeps crashing and BSOD for many times due to IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: My Classmate's laptopan OMEN 6 keeps crashing now and then with the only remind is "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and a bunch of dump files that I don't understand, it even continually crashed for three times today.I tried to debug it with WinDBG, but I actually doesn't familiar...
  3. getting trusted installer to install a new audiosrv.dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    getting trusted installer to install a new audiosrv.dll: need to replace audiosrv.dll on winserver 2019I am running server 2019 because window 10 would not install on my dual processor asus server board I know win10 is supposed to handle two of them but two weeks of multiple attempts vs one try to get server going---had a BSOD dpc...
  4. getting trusted installer to install a new audiosrv.dll

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    getting trusted installer to install a new audiosrv.dll: need to replace audiosrv.dll on winserver 2019I am running server 2019 because window 10 would not install on my dual processor asus server board I know win10 is supposed to handle two of them but two weeks of multiple attempts vs one try to get server going---had a BSOD dpc...
  5. why my new laptop set in selective startup ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why my new laptop set in selective startup ?: When I purchased dell laptop with window 10 . My ms config in general tab is set to selective startup with check 3 option you see in image [ATTACH]but normally ms config in new laptop set in normal startup . so why my new laptop set in selective startup ?...
  6. why my new laptop set in selective startup ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    why my new laptop set in selective startup ?: When I purchased dell laptop with window 10 . My ms config in general tab is set to selective startup with check 3 option you see in image [ATTACH]but normally ms config in new laptop set in normal startup . so why my new laptop set in selective startup ?...
  7. New to Win 10 Home - more set/startup questions

in Windows 10 Support
    New to Win 10 Home - more set/startup questions: I am back with a couple of more questions that I encountered in my pre setup preparations: 1. Would like some opinions, pros/cons on setting up a Local Account vs the default Microsoft Account. 2. It seems that Microsoft has now made it more difficult to set up a local...
  8. Feature update to win 10, 1803 failed to install 4 times.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feature update to win 10, 1803 failed to install 4 times.: the update stops and starts several times, and then stops without restarting. When I restart it runs for a while and begins to return to the previous version of win. My software is compatible with feature update to win 10 1803 (chat checked that -- then could not regain...
  9. Surface Laptop, Win 10, build 1803

Surface Laptop, Win 10, build 1803: If I do a Windows reinstall from my computer will it change any system settings or policies to original configurations? If not, how would I accomplish the task?...
  10. updates fail to install many times --(Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 (3))

updates fail to install many times --(Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 (3)): i m really annoyed to see this ..... Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 (3)Failed to install on ‎7/‎18/‎2018 - 0x8024000b updates are downloding so many rimes but fail to install, its using up huge amount of my data ! its very bad , i think windows is not good....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1803 update trusted installer Login Loop