Windows 10: Trusted Platform Module 2.0: Error Code 10 after Downgrading BIOS

Discus and support Trusted Platform Module 2.0: Error Code 10 after Downgrading BIOS in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there peeps! I'm writing this lines in hopes for finding a solution to this unusual problem, I have been looking on Google, but none of the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FerchogtX, May 19, 2018.

1. FerchogtX Win User

Trusted Platform Module 2.0: Error Code 10 after Downgrading BIOS

Hi there peeps!

I'm writing this lines in hopes for finding a solution to this unusual problem, I have been looking on Google, but none of the solutions have helped me...

The Story:
    This is an Acer E5-553-1786 Laptop, and I decided to upgrade to Bios 1.31 in hopes of getting rid of my spontaneous reboots (WHEA 20 Error with Hyper Transport), and also, because I felt Spectre (Or Meltdown) patch was included in it.

Sadly, I found that the damn thing just made the sudden reboots worse than before, getting a reboot once every 2 days, instead of once every month... So, my only solution was to downgrade the BIOS to see if I regain "system stability" (Man, this laptop sucks, I even have to hax the BIOS to enable virtualization... don't ever buy an Acer...)

Now, after downgrading, TPM 2.0 now shows a yellow sign,a nd a code 10, saying the resource is already in use.

What I tried so far:
    - Restoring to a previous image of windows 10: Nothing changes
    - Trying to update the driver: Says has the most suitable version
    - Ran troubleshooter: Did nothing.
    - Restoring factory defaults on BIOS: Nada...
    - Downgrading to another version, and then re-flasing the version that works (In my case 1.19): Nothing
    - Using a previous dump of settings I had with an utility called H2OUVE, and hopping for the best: Nothing
    - Clearing CMOS completely: Nothing

I'm using Windows 10 Build 1703, as I'm waiting for 1803 to become stable enough to be usable. Latest drivers available for everything.

I don't know if I did something incorrectly that might caused this, or I'm doing it wrong that I can't be able to restore this thing. Upgrading again is not an option for this BIOS since has tons of problems (Unless they release a new version... *sigh*)

I attach pictures of device manager and the pin I used to clear CMOS in this particular model.

Trusted Platform Module 2.0: Error Code 10 after Downgrading BIOS [​IMG]

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Cya!

:)

FerchogtX, May 19, 2018
  2. KSpriggles, May 20, 2018
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    Trusted Platform Module 2.0 issue

I dont know.

I might run the TPM.msc from command prompt(admin) and see what it says, make note of any error numbers so you might search those... and clear tpm while there - which then will ask a restart & then bios will ask again if you wish to reset TPM.

TPM seems to come into play with some of the newer windows Hello features and the PIN. You might try disabling those one at a time followed by restarts.

Look in bios/setup and make sure tpm is enabled, maybe turn it off there and after another restart turn it back on.

Another possible thing might be a hardware reset by holding the power button in about 4 seconds immediately after powering up. Or pull the battery out and disconnect the ac adapter over night.

'Mike P, May 20, 2018
  4. FerchogtX Win User

Hi there peeps!

I'm writing this lines in hopes for finding a solution to this unusual problem, I have been looking on Google, but none of the solutions have helped me...

The Story:
    This is an Acer E5-553-1786 Laptop, and I decided to upgrade to Bios 1.31 in hopes of getting rid of my spontaneous reboots (WHEA 20 Error with Hyper Transport), and also, because I felt Spectre (Or Meltdown) patch was included in it.

Sadly, I found that the damn thing just made the sudden reboots worse than before, getting a reboot once every 2 days, instead of once every month... So, my only solution was to downgrade the BIOS to see if I regain "system stability" (Man, this laptop sucks, I even have to hax the BIOS to enable virtualization... don't ever buy an Acer...)

Now, after downgrading, TPM 2.0 now shows a yellow sign,a nd a code 10, saying the resource is already in use.

What I tried so far:
    - Restoring to a previous image of windows 10: Nothing changes
    - Trying to update the driver: Says has the most suitable version
    - Ran troubleshooter: Did nothing.
    - Restoring factory defaults on BIOS: Nada...
    - Downgrading to another version, and then re-flasing the version that works (In my case 1.19): Nothing
    - Using a previous dump of settings I had with an utility called H2OUVE, and hopping for the best: Nothing
    - Clearing CMOS completely: Nothing

I'm using Windows 10 Build 1703, as I'm waiting for 1803 to become stable enough to be usable. Latest drivers available for everything.

I don't know if I did something incorrectly that might caused this, or I'm doing it wrong that I can't be able to restore this thing. Upgrading again is not an option for this BIOS since has tons of problems (Unless they release a new version... *sigh*)

I attach pictures of device manager and the pin I used to clear CMOS in this particular model.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Cya!

:)

FerchogtX, May 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Trusted Platform Module 2.0: Error Code 10 after Downgrading BIOS - Similar Threads - Trusted Platform Module

2. Trusted platform module malfunctioned. Error code 80090016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trusted platform module malfunctioned. Error code 80090016: HiMy work laptop had a problem with the keypad and our ICT staff then replaced the laptop with another, installing only my hard drive into the replacement laptop. Since, when trying to use Windows 10 Mail, I get the following error:"Your computer's trusted platform module has...
  3. Trusted platform module malfunctioned. Error code 80090016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trusted platform module malfunctioned. Error code 80090016: HiMy work laptop had a problem with the keypad and our ICT staff then replaced the laptop with another, installing only my hard drive into the replacement laptop. Since, when trying to use Windows 10 Mail, I get the following error:"Your computer's trusted platform module has...
  4. Trusted platform module problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trusted platform module problem: Hello, my computer is touchscreen and I tried to reset windows 10 and now I'm stuck in a panel that says " A configuration change was requested to clear this computer’s TPM" in there I have to choose and press f12 or esc, the problem is that since my computerer do not have...
  5. Trusted platform module problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trusted platform module problem: Hello, my computer is touchscreen and I tried to reset windows 10 and now I'm stuck in a panel that says " A configuration change was requested to clear this computer’s TPM" in there I have to choose and press f12 or esc, the problem is that since my computerer do not have...
  6. Trusted Platform Module

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trusted Platform Module: I am on a Windows 10 PC. I reset my PC and this shows up and I can't press or do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trusted-platform-module/b4e4e7de-af20-4978-bb4c-97404187bed1
  7. Trusted Platform Module

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trusted Platform Module: I reset my computer and this showed up, but I can't do anything or press anything? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trusted-platform-module/8f2891ce-04a0-4194-abbc-2d21aa6de826
  8. Trusted Platform Module

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trusted Platform Module: how often does this module get updated? when was the last update? is this a manual update or automatic update for Windows users? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trusted-platform-module/ef835fec-996c-4ecf-8388-dc8a881e8375
  9. Trusted Platform Module Cannot Start (Code 10)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trusted Platform Module Cannot Start (Code 10): Hi All, Following last weeks updates, we have a number of Asus VivoBook S15FN which have had their bitlocker suspended. Following investigations we found that the Trusted Platform Module in Device Manager is showing with an Exclamation mark and an error stating that it...
  10. Trusted Platform Module

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trusted Platform Module: I have received a message to update or clear and update the TPM. It tells me to ensure I have done a backup. Is this REALLY necessary? To do a COMPLETE PC BACKUP in case this causes data loss? Surely, SURELY, MS can do these things without the potential compromise of...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trusted platform module 2.0 error

2. HP Envy May 2019 Bios Update your Trusted Platform Module has malfunctioned

3. trusted platform module 2.0 code 10 with newest bios

4. trusted platform module 2 code 10,
  5. trusted platform module 2.0 after bios update,
  6. tpm module code 10