Windows 10: Trusted Platform Module: How do I reset it?

Discus and support Trusted Platform Module: How do I reset it? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey everyone, I need a hand with my TPM, or my Trusted Platform Module, which helps with my computer's security. Recently Windows Defender has made a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PhaseSpaceAdministration, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Trusted Platform Module: How do I reset it?

Hey everyone, I need a hand with my TPM, or my Trusted Platform Module, which helps with my computer's security. Recently Windows Defender has made a request that I reset my TPM. However, I try to restart the computer so it can reset the TPM, and I get nothing. What am I doing wrong?

:)

PhaseSpaceAdministration, Jul 16, 2018
  2. John Sarc Win User

Bitlocker and Trusted Platform Module problems

We appreciate the screenshot you sent.

This issue usually occurs because the Trusted Platform Module (TPM)
    uses the manufacturer driver and not the Windows built-in Trusted Platform Module driver.

To resolve this, you can manually uninstall and reinstall Trusted Platform Module. To do so, see the steps below:

• Open Device Manager on the device on which you are experiencing the issue
    • Uninstall the Trusted Platform Module driver.

Give us an update after following the troubleshooting steps provided.

John Sarc, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    trusted platform module

Hi John,

TPM (Trusted Platform Module) is designed to secure a hardware by integrating cryptographic keys into it. It's normally turned on as a part of TPM initialization process. To better assist you, please answer the following:

• Were there any changes made on your device prior to this?
    • What is the make and model of your computer/laptop?
    • What is the complete message are you getting?
    • If possible, can you send us a picture.
    • Did you setup any type of encryption on your computer?

We look forward to your response.

Dyan Rey, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Trusted Platform Module: How do I reset it?

trusted platform module

Thank you for your interest but I have now solved the problem

johngormanVG, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

Trusted Platform Module: How do I reset it?

1. Trusted Platform Module: How do I reset it? - Similar Threads - Trusted Platform Module

2. Trusted platform module problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trusted platform module problem: Hello, my computer is touchscreen and I tried to reset windows 10 and now I'm stuck in a panel that says " A configuration change was requested to clear this computer’s TPM" in there I have to choose and press f12 or esc, the problem is that since my computerer do not have...
  3. Trusted platform module problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trusted platform module problem: Hello, my computer is touchscreen and I tried to reset windows 10 and now I'm stuck in a panel that says " A configuration change was requested to clear this computer’s TPM" in there I have to choose and press f12 or esc, the problem is that since my computerer do not have...
  4. Trusted platform module problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Trusted Platform Module TPM

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trusted Platform Module TPM: Hello, I have a TPM in my system which is for hardware security i want to know that am i gonna lose all of my data if at all the TPM Chip fails.. pls advice on thisThanks...
  6. Trusted Platform Module

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trusted Platform Module: I am on a Windows 10 PC. I reset my PC and this shows up and I can't press or do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trusted-platform-module/b4e4e7de-af20-4978-bb4c-97404187bed1
  7. Trusted Platform Module

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trusted Platform Module: I reset my computer and this showed up, but I can't do anything or press anything? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trusted-platform-module/8f2891ce-04a0-4194-abbc-2d21aa6de826
  8. Trusted Platform Module

Trusted Platform Module: how often does this module get updated? when was the last update? is this a manual update or automatic update for Windows users? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trusted-platform-module/ef835fec-996c-4ecf-8388-dc8a881e8375
  9. Trusted Platform Module

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trusted Platform Module: I have received a message to update or clear and update the TPM. It tells me to ensure I have done a backup. Is this REALLY necessary? To do a COMPLETE PC BACKUP in case this causes data loss? Surely, SURELY, MS can do these things without the potential compromise of...
  10. Reset My PC - Trusted Platform Module

Reset My PC - Trusted Platform Module: While resetting Windows 10 on a Acer Laptop the following dialogue was displayed: Quote A configuration change was requested to clear this computer's TPM (Trusted Platform Module) WARNING: Clearing erases information stored on the TPM. You will lose all created keys and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. your computers trusted platform has been malfuntioned error code: ca0090030