Windows 10: Trying New Browser: Vivaldi to see how it works for me...

Discus and support Trying New Browser: Vivaldi to see how it works for me... in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am testing and using the new version of browser: Vivaldi TP4.1.0.219.50.x64 Some years ago I used the old Opera browser all the time and really liked... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by acmanten, Sep 3, 2015.

1. acmanten Win User

Trying New Browser: Vivaldi to see how it works for me...

I am testing and using the new version of browser: Vivaldi TP4.1.0.219.50.x64 Some years ago I used the old Opera browser all the time and really liked it.

I plan to use it here a lot...while giving it good test.... I understand this new browser named: Vivaldi was written by Mr. Jon Stephenson von Tetzchner. I meet him many, many years ago here in San Antonio at Wonderland Mall. Wow- that was years ago and I believe in 1986 - 1995. I do remember that he did a wonderful demo of the browser OPERA, and then gave each of us a real LIVE copy of that Opera browser at that time.

Many internet users were using the New Netscape browser program on Windows 3.1 back then. Maybe some of you remember those years... I will stop here, ... and would appreciate any comments or stories if you ever used Opera at that time.... Best to all Cliff M.

:)

acmanten, Sep 3, 2015
  2. nsmth Win User

importing firefox bookmarks to edge

Why would one want to go to Edge from Firefox?

If another browser is what is needed, try Vivadi. It still need a bit of work but it's better than Edge. You'll still have to import bookmarks into Windows Explorer then, into Vivaldi. After that, there are many ways to get you
    to your webpages.

Agree with LenLeslie

Vivaldi is great. I gave up on Edge long ago- really no reason to use it since it is less functional than every other browser out there.

nsmth, Sep 3, 2015
  3. windows update error 0x800705b3

Forget about Edge. It is lousy and Microsoft doesn care. Try this new one Vivaldi

MaurySzwerdszarf, Sep 3, 2015
  4. Trying New Browser: Vivaldi to see how it works for me...

That was a long time ago and Opera was great.

It's a shame the browser competition has been reduced to this (Opera using Chrome) and hopefully soon GOOGLE won't produce/distribute a browser because of the sheer anti-competitiveness in doing so.

If you haven't noticed many things browser related are in a state of flux right now and I can't wait for things to settle down some so the number of browsers in use can be reduced.

It's 2015 and we still have the browser issues from the 90's and 2000's. Sucks for us surfers.

Lastly, I must say, I like ChromeCast, and when VLC finally supports ChromeCast, I think I can ditch Chrome for good.

nosecureboot, Sep 3, 2015
  5. acmanten Win User
    Please post some URL about ChromeCast , and tell me about it. What you are doing with it ?
    thanks,

acmanten, Sep 4, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    I'm trying out Vivaldi again and I really like it so far. It's what Opera should be, IMO.

BunnyJ, Sep 4, 2015
  7. And again, the picked the wrong name. No one (majority) is going to use a browser for snobs.
    Opera, Vivaldi, it could be as well called a dead meat or a piece of ****, the name still sucks.
    Marketing is not just about sales, the name matters to people, just another dead project.

TairikuOkami, Sep 5, 2015
  8. tcman50 Win User

Google

TC *Smile

tcman50, Sep 5, 2015
  9. acmanten Win User
    OH Wow, I had no idea. I have two 24" Touch monitors that work fine for me Thanks for the info.
    best to all.. cliff M.

acmanten, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Trying New Browser: Vivaldi to see how it works for me... - Similar Threads - Trying Browser Vivaldi

2. New Vivaldi

in Browsers and Email
    New Vivaldi: If you use Vivaldi, think twice about downloading the new version. I didn't and not only did I end up with two icons on my desktop but Vivaldi has removed all my saves from the browser, deleted my start page, and dropped all passwords. Now, the only thing stopping me from...
  3. Best Vivaldi Browser Tips and Tricks

in Windows 10 News
    Best Vivaldi Browser Tips and Tricks: [ATTACH]Vivaldi browser is one of those browsers which offers excellent privacy controls and customization. In this post, we are sharing some essential tips and tricks […] This article Best Vivaldi Browser Tips and Tricks first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Vivaldi Browser Review and Features – A smart browser for your PC!

in Windows 10 News
    Vivaldi Browser Review and Features – A smart browser for your PC!: [ATTACH]Vivaldi web browser has come up with its latest version Vivaldi 3.0, which brings some fantastic new features, and many functionality improvements. While the last version […] This article Vivaldi Browser Review and Features – A smart browser for your PC! first...
  5. Vivaldi Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Vivaldi Browser: I am trying Vivaldi Browser (Chromium Based, Version 2.10.1746.26) and am pleased and impressed with it's speed, ease of use, and customizability. I've previously been using Firefox and Chromium Edge, but Vivaldi is my preference over each of them at this time. I am getting...
  6. Ex Opera CEO releases new browser Vivaldi

in Browsers and Email
    Ex Opera CEO releases new browser Vivaldi: I installed this today it's called the Vivaldi Technical Preview. It not even like Opera. 3830
  7. Vivaldi browser backgrounds.

in Browsers and Email
    Vivaldi browser backgrounds.: Hello, Who can tell me where I can find awesome widescreen 1600x900 (laptop) backgrounds or wallpapers with the new VIVALDI- browser logo or -brandname on it ? Thanks in advance for your answer. Best regards. 48259
  8. Trying new browser

in Browsers and Email
    Trying new browser: A friend put me onto Cyberfox browser and it is really very quick and after a while of using it I think it is just as good as the others so if anyone wants a try this is where it is at. https://cyberfox.8pecxstudios.com/cy...l-version-x64/ You need to install from the Web...
  9. Want too add new Chromium based browser Vivaldi on CCleaner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want too add new Chromium based browser Vivaldi on CCleaner: Hey guys first i want to say Thanxx for your precious time you are going to give me . Here i start my topic guys i want to add a new chromnium based browser. VIVALDI is getting popular the main reason i want too add this browser on my ccleaner list because it became my...
  10. Don't see the upgrade? Try this...worked for me!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Don't see the upgrade? Try this...worked for me!: For all who see a failed "Windows 10 Upgrade" in Windows Update; 1. Go into "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" and delete everything in that folder. 2. Now, run the command prompt as an administrator. Type in "wuauclt.exe /updatenow". 3. Go to your Control...