Windows 10: Trying to backup Windows 10. Message that the drive has been disconnected for too long.

Discus and support Trying to backup Windows 10. Message that the drive has been disconnected for too long. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I get a message that the drive has been disconnected for too long. Reconnect drive and "tap". Tap what? Can't I just back it up? I have a 64Gb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CharlesOlson1, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Trying to backup Windows 10. Message that the drive has been disconnected for too long.

I get a message that the drive has been disconnected for too long. Reconnect drive and "tap". Tap what? Can't I just back it up? I have a 64Gb formatted memory stick plugged into the USB port. Unplugged it; plugged it back in; same thing. I have not backed Win 10 up before. If it is supposed to be done frequently why is this not a simple thing? What am I not understanding? Settings > Backup> ???

* Moved from Insider

* Original title: Trying to backup Windows 10

:)

CharlesOlson1, Jul 24, 2018

2. Windows 10

its already there. there is a hard set factory image from samsung. problem is it takes a long time to get that backup into the drive again and destroys the C drive data.

so looks like i wont be trying windows 10 anytime soon *Stick Out Tongue Trying to backup Windows 10. Message that the drive has been disconnected for too long. :p

de.das.dude, Jul 24, 2018
  3. mitcdani Win User
    Received message stating "File History Drive Disconnected Too Long"

Original Title: File History Drive Disconnected

I receive a periodic (and fleeting) "File History Drive Disconnected Too Long" message. I have no idea what this means and have seen no way to do it. I have Windows 10.

mitcdani, Jul 24, 2018
  4. Scrizz Win User

Trying to backup Windows 10. Message that the drive has been disconnected for too long.

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

Trying to backup Windows 10. Message that the drive has been disconnected for too long.

1. Trying to backup Windows 10. Message that the drive has been disconnected for too long. - Similar Threads - Trying backup Message

2. MY DRIVE BEEN SIGNING IN FOR TOO LONG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MY DRIVE BEEN SIGNING IN FOR TOO LONG: I CANT TELL IF IS IT MY WINDOWS OR DRIVES THAT CRASHED, BUT MY PC IS NOT PERFOMING IT DOES NOT ALLOW ME TO OPEN FEATURES LIKE WIFI CONNECTION AND AUDIO IS MISSING AUDIO SERVICE IS NOT RUNNING. IT DOES NOT GIVE OPTION TO UPDATE WINDOWS ITS SAYS ERROR,SOMETHING WENT WRONG OR...
  3. MY DRIVE BEEN SIGNING IN FOR TOO LONG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MY DRIVE BEEN SIGNING IN FOR TOO LONG: I CANT TELL IF IS IT MY WINDOWS OR DRIVES THAT CRASHED, BUT MY PC IS NOT PERFOMING IT DOES NOT ALLOW ME TO OPEN FEATURES LIKE WIFI CONNECTION AND AUDIO IS MISSING AUDIO SERVICE IS NOT RUNNING. IT DOES NOT GIVE OPTION TO UPDATE WINDOWS ITS SAYS ERROR,SOMETHING WENT WRONG OR...
  4. MY DRIVE BEEN SIGNING IN FOR TOO LONG

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. file history backup disconnected too long

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file history backup disconnected too long: error msg "file history backup drive disconnected too long" Cannot re-establish backup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-backup-disconnected-too-long/db0bfb53-f79b-4b2d-8f21-2765adcef4c7
  6. file history backup disconnected too long

file history backup disconnected too long: error msg "file history backup drive disconnected too long" Cannot re-establish backup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-backup-disconnected-too-long/db0bfb53-f79b-4b2d-8f21-2765adcef4c7
  7. Windows Backup is taking too long WHY??

Windows Backup is taking too long WHY??: Windows Backup is taking too long WHY?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-backup-is-taking-too-long-why/adb4853b-44fc-4b40-a6a5-3ed89ed6bcd8
  8. cannot backup to hard drive as it says it's been too long since I backed up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot backup to hard drive as it says it's been too long since I backed up: Been lax and not backed up for months. Computer says it has been too long since I connected the external hard drive and I have to reconnect my hard drive and click on the files I want to save. I have unplugged/plugged back in many time and get the same message. Help please....
  9. Cannot connect file history drive because it's been disconnected too long.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect file history drive because it's been disconnected too long.: Cannot get pass this message even though my backup drive is online and system recognizes it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-connect-file-history-drive-because-its-been/2dd80487-1679-4ff0-9486-44b8aabacf67"
  10. disconnected too long?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    disconnected too long?: I want to fix this error. I do not have an external drive, how do I reconnect "a" drive? If your File History drive has been disconnected for too long, or it doesn't have enough space to save temporary versions of your files. To continue saving copies of your files, you'll...