Windows 10: Trying to bridge ethernet to use laptops network adapter

Discus and support Trying to bridge ethernet to use laptops network adapter in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've done this on windows 7 but I can't seem to get it to work on windows 10. Just to clarify I'm trying to have it so I can have other devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by johndough123, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Trying to bridge ethernet to use laptops network adapter

I've done this on windows 7 but I can't seem to get it to work on windows 10.

Just to clarify I'm trying to have it so I can have other devices connect to the network from my laptops wireless adapter.

Thanks for any help*Smile

:)

johndough123, Sep 2, 2017

2. Can't bridge two adapters

Hi,

When I try to bridge two adapters, Realtek Ethernet and TAP OpenVPN adapters, windows says it's bridging but there is no bridge adapter appears (and all my network connections are off), I need to uninstall all adapters and search for a new hardware to retrieve
    my ethernet connection works. My laptop in Windows 10 too bridges fine in similar situation.

How can I solve this problem ????

Elrond et Yoakedd, Sep 2, 2017
  3. JGGuzman Win User
    Internet Connection Sharing in Windows 10

Just came up on this thread to connect a another PC to a laptop and share the internet via ethernet port the Wifi and Ethernet networks must be bridged.

Internet sharing will not work if you are connected to wifi because the hotspot needs the antenna and you can’t use it at the same time.

From the network connection page right-click Ethernet adapter while holding CTRL key and then right-click WiFi adapter.

Once they are both highlighted left-click on an adapter and select Bridge Connection.

Now you can use your device internet.

Note: Laptop wifi antenna is located on the display so leave it open for higher network speed.

JGGuzman, Sep 2, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Trying to bridge ethernet to use laptops network adapter

It is still done in the Network Connections explorer window as it has always been done. You can also do it from System settings.

bro67, Sep 2, 2017
Thema:

Trying to bridge ethernet to use laptops network adapter

1. Trying to bridge ethernet to use laptops network adapter - Similar Threads - Trying bridge ethernet

2. Ethernet Network Adapters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Network Adapters: Probably a highly novice question, but where do I go in Windows settings to find out if a given computer has a single or dual band ethernet network adapter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-network-adapters/53587442-9d86-4398-b345-65a749b02eb6
  3. Ethernet Network Adapters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet Network Adapters: Probably a highly novice question, but where do I go in Windows settings to find out if a given computer has a single or dual band ethernet network adapter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-network-adapters/53587442-9d86-4398-b345-65a749b02eb6
  4. Ethernet Network Adapters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Delete network adapter bridge using PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete network adapter bridge using PowerShell: Hi,I must suppress not disable an adapter bridge between the WiFi and the Ethernet for our PC fleet. Is-it possible to do this using PowerShell script? And what are PowerShell commands to use? I have over 300 units to apply this change and I don't want to do this one by one...
  6. Delete network adapter bridge using PowerShell

Delete network adapter bridge using PowerShell: Hi,I must suppress not disable an adapter bridge between the WiFi and the Ethernet for our PC fleet. Is-it possible to do this using PowerShell script? And what are PowerShell commands to use? I have over 300 units to apply this change and I don't want to do this one by one...
  7. Delete network adapter bridge using PowerShell

8. Creating Bridge on Two ethernet network adapters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating Bridge on Two ethernet network adapters: Hi There,We Have a PC windows 10, with two ethernet network adapters : ethernet 1 and ethernet 21- For operational reasons, we created a bridge on the two ethernet network interfaces and an IP has been configured on the new Bridge.The download Speed through the bridge...
  9. Creating Bridge on Two ethernet network adapters

Creating Bridge on Two ethernet network adapters: Hi There,We Have a PC windows 10, with two ethernet network adapters : ethernet 1 and ethernet 21- For operational reasons, we created a bridge on the two ethernet network interfaces and an IP has been configured on the new Bridge.The download Speed through the bridge...
  10. Creating Bridge on Two ethernet network adapters