Windows 10: trying to change win 10 password, code not sent

Discus and support trying to change win 10 password, code not sent in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Upgraded to Win 10 and am trying to change my password. It was set by Win 10 without telling or informing me. Luckily, after several hours trying, I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jalea148, Mar 22, 2016.

1. jalea148 Win User

trying to change win 10 password, code not sent

Upgraded to Win 10 and am trying to change my password. It was set by Win 10 without telling or informing me. Luckily, after several hours trying, I discovered it was one of my ancient passwords. Got thru change process when a code was to be sent. The code was not received, window shows below even though email correct.
    Help us protect your account
    If **REMOVED** matches the email address on your account, we'll send you a code.
    Enter the code to help us verify your identity.

:)

jalea148, Mar 22, 2016

2. Microsoft Account won't accept any password after Windows 10 upgrade

Original Title[password & admin password]

when i upgraded to win 10 had admin password issues tried all known ones this will become a problem as can't change anything, Now have lost access to my microsoft account won't accept any passwor d try to reset can't get a code sent as says system not working
    seem to be logged in as local account with pin no

cant make a rescue disk as need admin permission ?

MalcolmFraser68, Mar 22, 2016
  3. Security account code not being sent

Hi

I try to change my windows live password.

For that I Microsoft asks me to enter a verification code.

The registered email address is fully functional.

Microsoft does not sent the security code e-mail.

There's no mail, also not in my junkmail box or anywhere else.

Why is it so difficult to change my password?

Why refuses microsoft to send the verification code e-mail?

How can I change my password and get a verification code?

Maartende Haas, Mar 22, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Make sure the email did not go into your junk or spam folder where you might have missed it.

[Also note that it is not good practice to insert your actual email in the above post as you might end up getting even more spam.]

philc43, Mar 22, 2016
  5. Kari Win User
    Windows will never - I repeat: never! - set a password without telling or informing the user. It is absolutely completely impossible.

That being said, Microsoft always sends the password reset notification messages to the email address or phone the user has given as additional security method. If you have selected an email account as security contact, that email address will receive the reset code.

6. jalea148 Win User
    Well, it happened to me. I had checked junk [spam] directory. I just checked Trash was the following which I don't understand. Buffalo is the administrator. I don't us Microsoft for my mail.
    Your mailbox is at risk.

Dear E-mail User,
    3840MB 4096MB Current size Maximum size Your Account will Expire shortly, If you would like to continue using your Email Address. Click here to re-validate.

Upgrade is free.

Thanks,
    Mail System Administrator

This notification was sent to %email%; Don't want occasional updates about subscription preferences and friendly suggestions? Change what email update+ sends you.
    isp Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043

jalea148, Mar 22, 2016
  7. jalea148 Win User
    New variation, password must be 8 characters minimum. I'm severely physically and visually disabled. Entering an 8 character pw is extremely difficult; particularly if typing is hidden. Problem is login screen is full screen and I don't see any way to make it smaller. If I could then I could access the Task Bar and copy/paste pw.

jalea148, Mar 22, 2016
  8. jalea148 Win User

I agree and rarely do. I use extensions to eliminate search trackers and other defences. 75% of my spam comes from sites where I've visited and asked for info. The computer where I have my email address has been cracked more than once. And it has very strong security. I was once its director.

jalea148, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. trying to change win 10 password, code not sent - Similar Threads - trying change password

2. Recovery code and password change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery code and password change: I recently changed my password on my Microsoft account. Do I need to create a new recovery code or does the old one still work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-code-and-password-change/678dbede-768f-48dd-9802-e3387ab715ce
  3. Recovery code and password change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery code and password change: I recently changed my password on my Microsoft account. Do I need to create a new recovery code or does the old one still work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-code-and-password-change/678dbede-768f-48dd-9802-e3387ab715ce
  4. trying to change device password changes the account password not the device password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trying to change device password changes the account password not the device password: hi, i want to change my password but it just changes my account password and not my device one does anyone know how to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-change-device-password-changes-the/d95125e2-f0c0-4370-b6aa-b3199358fe2d
  5. Trying to Reset password but the code that is sent to me Isnt right

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to Reset password but the code that is sent to me Isnt right: Ive been trying to change my password and it wants me to use a code that is sent to my email.However when i put the code it tells me that it needs to be 7-digit code when the Email code is 6-digitswhat is going on here?!?!...
  6. Trying to Reset password but the code that is sent to me Isnt right

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to Reset password but the code that is sent to me Isnt right: Ive been trying to change my password and it wants me to use a code that is sent to my email.However when i put the code it tells me that it needs to be 7-digit code when the Email code is 6-digitswhat is going on here?!?!...
  7. Trying to Reset password but the code that is sent to me Isnt right

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Unable to change password and not getting code sent to email

Unable to change password and not getting code sent to email: I need help! I have been trying to change my password for months now and am unable to do so. The two step verification is set up on my account and I cannot log into anything to get it fixed. I am able to access my email on my phone and log into Xbox with my account but I...
  9. Trying to Correct Password Inadvertantly Sent to Microsoft

Trying to Correct Password Inadvertantly Sent to Microsoft: Hi. In the course of setting up a new computer, I inadvertently forwarded an incorrect, "dead" email address to Microsoft to which they have subsequently sent me data to verify, while I attempt to set up Skype on my new laptop. This was done in ignorance as I have never...
  10. Changing user account password win 10

Changing user account password win 10: I am the administrator and have Windows 10. I need to change the password for a user account. When I run netplwiz, for each user I see 2 entries one in HomeUsers Group and one in HomeUsers; Users Group. Regardless which one I select the Reset Password option is greyed out...