Windows 10: Trying to close games generally results in complete windows freeze?

Discus and support Trying to close games generally results in complete windows freeze? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Title - in essence, whenever I close a game (planetside 2 mainly, tried with Witcher 3, same issue) Windows just freezes. Stays like that until I hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TheSGC, Aug 11, 2015.

1. TheSGC Win User

Trying to close games generally results in complete windows freeze?

Title - in essence, whenever I close a game (planetside 2 mainly, tried with Witcher 3, same issue) Windows just freezes. Stays like that until I hard reboot. Upon analyzing event viewer logs, I see nothing happening at the time of the freezes - only
    The Net.Tcp Listener Adapter service depends on the Net.Tcp Port Sharing Service service which failed to start because of the following error:
    The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.
    in the system logs.

My rig is a i53570k OC'd to 4 ghz via mobo settings (z77 extreme4)
    16 gb 1333 ram
    gtx 770
    plenty of hdd space left

I also have the who crashed utility but it comes up blank, nothing's crashed as far as it's concerned.

I've updated NVIDIA drivers to the latest, Windows to the latest. Don't really know how to debug this further.

I guess I should note that this happens at random too, i.e. file explorer or internet then boom, freeze. But really prominent while playing games. And CPU/GPU/RAM usage is fine, nothing out of the ordinary.

:)

TheSGC, Aug 11, 2015
  2. MsftMaven Win User

The Secret Society - Hidden Mystery HD by G5 and MyTona

Running method 1 completed successfully with no errors found.

Method 2 will not work with this game since per the vendor, G5e.com, "the game goes in real time and it recharges ... even when the app is minimized or closed. In case the app is reinstalled your game progress and purchased items are lost." e.g. the came
    is tied to the specific user account.

After the Windows 10 upgrade two errors are generated when trying to launch the game. Event ID 1000 and 1001. The gist of both is that msvcr120_app.dll version 12.021005.1 is not loading/processing the game files correctly after the upgrade.

Doing a quick search and also trying to register the file at the command prompt with
    regsvr32 /i msvcr120_app.dll, it appears that this file is no longer present in Windows 10.

Looks like the game vendor, g5e.com needs to issue a patch to rectify the issue. They are aware of the problem and working towards a fix.

MsftMaven, Aug 11, 2015
  3. BFME 2

It's possible the game is not compatible.

I asked you if it ever worked in Windows 10.

Did you try first uninstalling the game completely? It can generate errors like you get because of leftovers. There are extra steps to do this here to make sure nothing remains that can interfere or generate errors:

https://www.askvg.com/how-to-completely-uninsta...

Then restart the PC to try install again.

I also gave you multiple other steps to try to know you've done everything. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Trying to close games generally results in complete windows freeze?

I've had issues like this with games such as ArmA 2 DayZ Mod but only with the map Taviana and Killing floor 2.. the only way I really found to fix this was setting the games to compatibility mode ( Windows 7 ) and this fixed it completely.. and it fixed a sound issue with one other game called " The Forest " .. that is a different subject but thought I would add that in.

as for it happening out of game and just using windows normally.. not really for sure why that would be happening.. maybe you should do a malware scan with malwarebytes?

BrandonR188, Aug 11, 2015
  5. TheSGC Win User
    Already tried compatibility mode on both launcher and executable, nada. Still the same issue.

TheSGC, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Trying to close games generally results in complete windows freeze?

1. Trying to close games generally results in complete windows freeze? - Similar Threads - Trying close games

2. Windows 11 freeze after closing game or benchmark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 freeze after closing game or benchmark: Hi everyone, I'm new to the community, I wanted to ask if anyone knows how to solve this problem. windows 11 freezes after exiting a game or a benchmark like unigine heaven, the mouse works but it's as if everything goes at one frame per second the backgrounds change in slow...
  3. Windows 11 freeze after closing game or benchmark

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 freeze after closing game or benchmark: Hi everyone, I'm new to the community, I wanted to ask if anyone knows how to solve this problem. windows 11 freezes after exiting a game or a benchmark like unigine heaven, the mouse works but it's as if everything goes at one frame per second the backgrounds change in slow...
  4. PC freezing after closing game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezing after closing game: A few minutes after closing a game dead by daylight both monitors will go black, the sound will continue playing for a minute or so and the PC has to be hard reset with the power button. I have tried updating Nvidia drivers to the most recent version.Specs:i7-8700kRTX 208016...
  5. PC freezing after closing game

PC freezing after closing game: A few minutes after closing a game dead by daylight both monitors will go black, the sound will continue playing for a minute or so and the PC has to be hard reset with the power button. I have tried updating Nvidia drivers to the most recent version.Specs:i7-8700kRTX 208016...
  6. PC freezing after closing game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Pc freezing after closing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc freezing after closing games: My pc crashes/freezes after closing games. Sometimes very soon after sometimes 10 minutes later and sometimes never. The crashes/freezes come in a few forms. Most often the screen will freeze and the system is unresponsive, sound stops etc. Sometimes the screen will turn...
  8. Pc freezing after closing games

Pc freezing after closing games: My pc crashes/freezes after closing games. Sometimes very soon after sometimes 10 minutes later and sometimes never. The crashes/freezes come in a few forms. Most often the screen will freeze and the system is unresponsive, sound stops etc. Sometimes the screen will turn...
  9. Game freezes and wont close.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game freezes and wont close.: Recently started playing valorant on my pc and my screen will freeze and never unfreeze. Well this is happening if i press the windows key and open a new application it will start and then be sent behind, another thing that happens is I cant close valorant and when doing win...
  10. Game freezes and wont close.

Game freezes and wont close.: Recently started playing valorant on my pc and my screen will freeze and never unfreeze. Well this is happening if i press the windows key and open a new application it will start and then be sent behind, another thing that happens is I cant close valorant and when doing win...