Windows 10: Trying to Disable OneDRive

Discus and support Trying to Disable OneDRive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am trying to disable OneDrive & every time I type in "gpedit.msc" I get a message that Windows can't find it. Surely there has to be a way to disable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gourdguru, Jan 22, 2016.

1. gourdguru Win User

Trying to Disable OneDRive

I am trying to disable OneDrive & every time I type in "gpedit.msc" I get a message that Windows can't find it. Surely there has to be a way to disable it isn't there.

:)

gourdguru, Jan 22, 2016
  2. JeskoW Win User

Read-only nightmare after upgrading to Windows 10

Try disabling OneDrive (google "disable OneDrive" to see how). That seems to solve the problem. Setting/changing permissions makes no difference, because they will be reset the next time you reboot your machine.

JeskoW, Jan 22, 2016
  3. srfreeman Win User
    Disable Onedrive

Sounds like you are using the Home edition. To make any such changes you should use the Pro edition, at a minimum.

srfreeman, Jan 22, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jan 22, 2016
  5. gourdguru Win User
    Surely there has to be a better way for home users to get rid of OneDrive without using a Reg file

gourdguru, Jan 23, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    That is the easiest way since the .reg file makes all the registry changes for you to enable the policy. *Smile

Brink, Jan 23, 2016
  7. gourdguru Win User
    Thanks I finally did it. I was just nervous about messing with Reg folders. How do I find the reg file to delete it?

gourdguru, Jan 24, 2016
  8. Trying to Disable OneDRive

You can delete the reg file once you downloaded it and double-clicked it. It doesn't get any easier than that. You shouldn't have to find the file...it should be where ever you saved it.

DeaconFrost, Jan 24, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

The .reg file will be located where you saved it to. Usually, this will be your %UserProfile%\Downloads folder by default.

Brink, Jan 24, 2016
  10. gourdguru Win User
    Thanks, I thought perhaps it was somewhere else too.

gourdguru, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Trying to Disable OneDRive - Similar Threads - Trying Disable OneDRive

2. Can't sign-in to onedrive. tried unlink onedrive, reset onedrive,

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't sign-in to onedrive. tried unlink onedrive, reset onedrive,: Can't sign-in to onedrive. tried unlink onedrive, reset onedrive, Here is the error message"There was a problem signing you in. Error code: 0x8004de44. I also have problem sign-in to the window store. Not sure these issues are related to each other....
  3. Can't sign-in to onedrive. tried unlink onedrive, reset onedrive,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign-in to onedrive. tried unlink onedrive, reset onedrive,: Can't sign-in to onedrive. tried unlink onedrive, reset onedrive, Here is the error message"There was a problem signing you in. Error code: 0x8004de44. I also have problem sign-in to the window store. Not sure these issues are related to each other....
  4. Can't sign-in to onedrive. tried unlink onedrive, reset onedrive,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I'd like to disable onedrive

I'd like to disable onedrive: disable onedrive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/id-like-to-disable-onedrive/e896484e-cf8a-4449-9cc2-290b963cdd2b
  6. Help me to disable Onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help me to disable Onedrive: I really want to disable this app. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-me-to-disable-onedrive/f9015c4f-e089-4070-bef0-2b5e30bb6d01"
  7. I want to disable OneDrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to disable OneDrive: I don’t use it but notifications keep popping up when I start my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-disable-onedrive/626afb51-5da0-409a-b399-e5cb02063298
  8. Disabling Onedrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling Onedrive: I need to disable Onedrive in Windows 10, as it is just slowing down my computer as our internet connection is too poor. I would like this to be temporary so that I could enable it at a later stage. Any ideas?...
  9. Disable OneDrive

Disable OneDrive: I keep getting this pop up everytime I boot the pc, I have turned off every One Drive setting I can find, how do I stop it ? 2699
  10. Enable or Disable OneDrive Integration

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable OneDrive Integration: How to: Enable or Disable OneDrive Integration How to Enable or Disable OneDrive Integration in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your PC, tablet, or phone. OneDrive is free online storage at...