Windows 10: trying to download emailed doc keeps asking what program to use

Discus and support trying to download emailed doc keeps asking what program to use in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I try to download a sent document or attachments from my emails, it will ask me what program I want to use to open it. Then if I use windows or... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by interfaith, Oct 5, 2016.

1. trying to download emailed doc keeps asking what program to use

When I try to download a sent document or attachments from my emails, it will ask me what program I want to use to open it. Then if I use windows or notepad its all in technical jargon. I just updated to windows 10 but it was doing it before I updated. I also had an expired Word that I just reactivated

:)

interfaith, Oct 5, 2016

2. keeps asking what enhancement to use

likewise... just got me replacement e52. its a pain. I'm missing calls because of it ( it sets in my pocket to headset)...

any work around? i was going to buy a task manager and try kill that process

KrabbyPatty---01, Oct 5, 2016
  3. papa1983 Win User
    keeps asking what enhancement to use

my e 52 keeps asking me what enhancement do i want to use, it bothers me and i don't know how to stop it. some times it doesn't ask me for couple of weeks, and then when it starts, it does it every few seconds.pleaaaaase help me, it drives me nuts

papa1983, Oct 5, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

trying to download emailed doc keeps asking what program to use

I had a similar problem on a client's computer the other day and fixed hers by going into Control Panel [right-click Start] and working in the Default Programs feature. It fixed most problems but not an attachment to a message out of South Africa which with Outlook.com did open Word Online. Downloading the .docx file from a link in the message worked but Wordpad on her computer and also on mine showed no text in it while other word processors did, haven't figured that out yet.

Berton, Oct 5, 2016
  5. Kbird Win User
    Did you try saving the Attachment to your HDD 1st then opening it ?

notepad would not be able to handle the formatting if it was a .DOC file , and it you tried to open a pic ( eg a .jpg) it will look like a bunch of scrambled info in Notepad.

Perhaps you Default File Associations are messed up?

Default File Type Associations - Restore in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums[1]=File%20Folder%20Settings

KB

Kbird, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

trying to download emailed doc keeps asking what program to use

1. trying to download emailed doc keeps asking what program to use - Similar Threads - trying download emailed

2. the word doc is grayed out when trying to oepn a new doc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    the word doc is grayed out when trying to oepn a new doc: im trying to opena new blank word doc but the option is grayed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-word-doc-is-grayed-out-when-trying-to-oepn-a/bb0d4da9-9be7-4ce5-bb69-349a2ccd489b
  3. Trying to save doc. files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to save doc. files: When I tried to save a World document the system asks me to log in and complete Hello registration. Before that moment I had completed Hello registration and set up PIN but I noticed that Hello is not available on my computer. How can I save docs?...
  4. What program to use while scanning/

in Cortana
    What program to use while scanning/: I don't know if I should use TIFF or docs when scanning a letter to my computer. Help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-program-to-use-while-scanning/bc2702e0-fead-41bf-a6c2-aa4e82dc1e62"
  5. EMAIL PROGRAM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EMAIL PROGRAM: How do I associate an email program with the Snipping Tool? Can it be done with a web email program.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-program/6ef320d7-e101-467c-a26a-e7ef2fd191cf
  6. wrong program used for downloads

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    wrong program used for downloads: down loaded some programs and accidently Adobe was chosen, tried fixing in registry but would not work, so cant download any files on this PC that need to be opened, and if you select the program to open file it wont work!...
  7. when I try to email a scanned doc it says "create an association in the default program...

in Windows 10 Customization
    when I try to email a scanned doc it says "create an association in the default program...: Windows Essentials 2012 suite reached end of support on January 10, 2017. As of January 10, 2017, Windows Essentials 2012 is no longer supported on Windows 10, and is unavailable for download so what email program do I download??...
  8. optispeed - keeps trying to install - not intentionally downloaded?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    optispeed - keeps trying to install - not intentionally downloaded?: Hello. Something called optispeed keeps trying to d/l itself onto my pc. The only thing I have recently d/l has been mwb3 which has installed perfectly and is working fine. I suspect optispeed was attached when viewing another site and was part of an advertisement....
  9. Trouble downloading docs from web

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble downloading docs from web: when I try to download/save (Cntl-S) documents from the web they are downloaded/saved to the appropriate location but are incomplete downloads... paragraphs missing. Any idea why? 91789
  10. Keeps asking for key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keeps asking for key: Got win 10 from get windows where they uploaded into computer and then I installed it. Right off the bat new browser kept freezing so I went to ie11 and everytime I went to a web site my virus scan stopped it and said website had a virus. Every website had the same virus it...