Windows 10: trying to download pictures from SD card - says F drive needs to be fixed

Discus and support trying to download pictures from SD card - says F drive needs to be fixed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am not technical - the computer is saying that there is something wrong with the F drive where I inserted my SD card. It says to repair it so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jeanrandle-godwin, Jul 14, 2018.

1. trying to download pictures from SD card - says F drive needs to be fixed

I am not technical - the computer is saying that there is something wrong with the F drive where I inserted my SD card. It says to repair it so I clicked on the repair message. then it said can't be done - or something like that - but in any event I can't fix this and can't download my pictures. can someone walk me through this please?

:)

jeanrandle-godwin, Jul 14, 2018

2. formatting sd card f drive

how to format an SD card in F drive on Windows 10

RICHARD NASHSHIRLEY KLISOWSKY, Jul 14, 2018
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    formatting sd card f drive

Hi Richard,

You can format your SD card in File Explorer. To do this, follow these steps:

• Insert your SD card.
    • Open File Explorer.
    • On the left pane, right-click your SD card and choose Format.
    • If you want to change the File system of your SD card, click the drop-down menu below it and choose one of the options there.
    • Click Start, and then click OK on the prompt.
    • After formatting your SD card, click OK again on the prompt.

If you have additional queries, kindly reply to this thread.

Argel Obm, Jul 14, 2018
  4. trying to download pictures from SD card - says F drive needs to be fixed

Unable to format sd card

We appreciate the additional information. Let's try to fix the error by using a chkdsk command. Follow the steps below:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Type chkdsk o:/f (here o: is the drive letter of your SD card), then press
      Enter.
    Note: If the issue still persists, we recommend contacting the SD card manufacturer for additional assistance on formatting the said SD card.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

trying to download pictures from SD card - says F drive needs to be fixed

1. trying to download pictures from SD card - says F drive needs to be fixed - Similar Threads - trying download pictures

2. Cant download photos from sd card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant download photos from sd card: Had Widows auto upgrade overnight - appearance of "Photos" changed - tried to download pictures from SD card - got an error message " Please Update your device settings to accept media transfer" - how do I do this ?...
  3. Cant download photos from sd card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant download photos from sd card: Had Widows auto upgrade overnight - appearance of "Photos" changed - tried to download pictures from SD card - got an error message " Please Update your device settings to accept media transfer" - how do I do this ?...
  4. Cant download photos from sd card

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cant download photos from sd card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Can't download from SD card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't download from SD card: I have been downloading pictures from a trail camera with no problem until yesterday and now when I try to download pictures I get a notation stating "make sure your device is unlocked and that you accept the notification to connect". I have a feeling that my wife might of...
  7. I am unable to download pictures from a SD card

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am unable to download pictures from a SD card: after doing the latest windows update my chrome will not open and I am unable to download pictures from a SD card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update/c3d0c25d-a997-477a-8d83-6a0c77af128d
  8. Help to download pictures from an sd card to my Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help to download pictures from an sd card to my Windows 10 PC: Before I updated to Windows 10, it was a piece of cake downloading pictures from SD card to my PC. Now I can't do it. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-to-download-pictures-from-an-sd-card-to-my/8b6d69b6-d5a8-46ae-b970-dd26f888e8eb
  9. SD card download and play

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD card download and play: how do I download and play a video from an SD card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-download-and-play/7fcc1484-684c-45af-b36c-753824e8f2b3
  10. Importing Pictures from SD card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Importing Pictures from SD card: I can't get the Photos app to import pictures from my SD card reader. For a while I had Live Photo Viewer as the default import action (can't remember how), but I'd quite like to get it working with a default app. I note that when I right click on my SD drive, I don't get the...