Windows 10: Trying to enable Lock Screen

Discus and support Trying to enable Lock Screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So, i've been trying to re-enable my lock screen as i use it at home to stop my family from accessing my private files which have some work stuff on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Senas, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Senas Win User

Trying to enable Lock Screen

So, i've been trying to re-enable my lock screen as i use it at home to stop my family from accessing my private files which have some work stuff on it, and it won't enable, despite the fact i've used Regedit, control panel, and god knows what else.

Is anyone else having trouble Re-Enabling their lock screen? or is it just me? And advice or stuff like that? Also, when right-clicking my start button, and going to the shut-down or sign-out menu, "Lock" isn't there. Do i need to have multiple users on this PC? or is there another problem. I welcome any and all advice please.

:)

Senas, Nov 18, 2016

2. Windows 10 Welcome screen

See if this helps to re-enable the Lock Screen which is the picture screen that precedes the Sign In screen you have removed along with the password. The Lock Screen shouldn't really have gone away, so I'd try one of the methods here to enable it:

Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Nov 18, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Lock Screen

Maybe you don't have a setting enabled that adds it. Try going to Settings > Personalization > Lock Screen and then enable Get fun facts, tips, and more from Windows and Cortana on your lock screen

-([{ properson32 -}]), Nov 18, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Senas, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

What method did you use to disable your lock screen?

Once we know this, we can hopefully help you get it enabled again.

Brink, Nov 18, 2016
  5. Senas Win User
    Hi Brink,

I didn't disable the lock screen in the first place, it seems to have disabled automatically... without telling me.

Senas, Nov 18, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Nov 18, 2016
  7. Wullail Win User
    When you CNTRL-ALT-DEL , is Lock an option there also?

Wullail, Nov 18, 2016
  8. Senas Win User

There seems to be, but the key combo for the lock screen (Windows Key + L) doesn't work, my apologies for not explaining the fact i want to re-enable the windows + L key combo since it seems to be disabled.

Senas, Nov 18, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Nov 18, 2016
  10. Senas Win User
    Hi Brink,

Ok so, after some serious configuration in all the suggested areas, the lock screen seems to be enabled once again, however, the Windows Key + L still doesn't work, before the Massive Update a little while ago, the Windows Key + L to lock the computer WAS working, that seems to be no longer the case. Any ideas?

Senas, Nov 19, 2016
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Do any of the other Windows + key shortcuts still work for you to see if it may be all of them or just this one?

Brink, Nov 19, 2016
  12. Senas Win User
    So far, it seems to be just this one. I've had no problems from any of the others.

Senas, Nov 19, 2016
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 19, 2016
  14. Wullail Win User
    Just checking , you've looked at

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\

and there's no entry System\DisableLockWorkstation ?

Wullail, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Trying to enable Lock Screen - Similar Threads - Trying enable Lock

2. Enabling lock pages

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Enabling lock pages: I’m trying to enable lock pages in memory but when I try and run the gpedit.msc file it cannot be found. Does anyone have any ideas why? submitted by /u/maximus1218 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mhfagx/enabling_lock_pages/
  3. How to enable Cortana in my lock screen

in Cortana
    How to enable Cortana in my lock screen: I've been search in internet on how to enable Cortana in my lock screen but my Cortana settings look different so I can't enable it on my lock screen. My Cortana settings look like this: [ATTACH] can anyone help me with this?...
  4. enabling physical power button on lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    enabling physical power button on lock screen: I find it incredibly annoying that when one of my PCs are locked, I cant just hit the power button and leave. I will frequently try to turn off my desktop computer, late at night when the screens are off, just to realize hours later that it's still on. The only way to shut it...
  5. how to enable pictures on startup--not lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to enable pictures on startup--not lock screen: Windows 10--when the computer starts, there is no background with the date. How do I enable the pictures on startup--not lock screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-pictures-on-startup-not-lock-screen/9413b278-9a26-4789-9d5f-581fa70be93e
  6. locking/enabling cookies?

locking/enabling cookies?: If I block all cookies constant pop ups appear from sites I do not know asking to enable cookies for their site. Which is recommended to use: block cookies or allow cookies. I will never understand what cookies are nor why they are necessary. How is one to know which are ok...
  7. Enabling Lock Screen.

Enabling Lock Screen.: I have for many months tried to enable the Lock Screen on two of my PCs. All Windows 10 Home...up to date. Read and tried this tutorial:- Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10 - Page 26 - Customization Tutorials When pressing W key and L the lock screen...
  8. Enable background image in both lock screen and login screen

Enable background image in both lock screen and login screen: Hello, Is it possible to enable a background image for both the login screen and the lock screen? Even if it is the same one. Thanks! 80425
  9. Tried to enable num lock key on bootup and now I'm locked out

in Windows 10 Support
    Tried to enable num lock key on bootup and now I'm locked out: My laptop is new (I'm using an old laptop now) and tried to fix the num lock key constantly going off every time I reboot. I thought I found instructions on how to enable from a Win 10 forum but actually ended up on some other site. Here's the link:...
  10. Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10 [img] Information The lock screen is the screen you see when you lock your PC (or when it locks automatically after you haven't been using it for a while). The lock screen will also show at startup, and when you are...