Windows 10: Trying to find correct drivers for video and audio

Discus and support Trying to find correct drivers for video and audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I upgraded an older HP Pavilion dv6910us laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 yesterday and while the upgrade went smoothly, after I logged in I found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WinITPro, Jul 31, 2015.

1. WinITPro Win User

Trying to find correct drivers for video and audio

I upgraded an older HP Pavilion dv6910us laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 yesterday and while the upgrade went smoothly, after I logged in I found that the video was using a driver of Microsoft Basic Display Adapter and the sound was using Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221.

The video resolution is now only 1024 x 768. I've tried to find an update but no luck so far. I've removed the video device including driver, rebooted but that just reinstalled the same driver. I downloaded the latest driver from NVidia which is supposed to work with the GeForce 630M which is what this laptop comes with but the install failed saying it couldn't find compatible hardware. I've tried WU 3 times but it's found nothing.

The audio seems like it should work but I get no sound whatsoever. In the sound properties there are choices of Speakers and SPDIF Interface. When I play an mp3 or YouTube video the SPDIF shows activity but no sound. The Speakers element shows no activity. I plugged in a set of headphones but get nothing there either. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing. And yes nothing is muted and the volume is almost all the way up.

Anyone have any idea of other things to try? I've tried searching for Windows 8 drivers for both but no luck. They both worked when I installed Windows 8 on it so there must be drivers for 8 but I can't find those by searching either so must have been built into 8.

Jonathan

:)

WinITPro, Jul 31, 2015

2. trying to find correct download for toshiba pocket pc series e335 to windows 7

My toshiba Pocket pc was synced to my windows XL, but now I have the Windows 7 and cannot find the correct download. the pocket pc is 32 os and the windows os is 64, will this be a problem to my pc?

JimSpencer50, Jul 31, 2015
  3. trying to find correct download for toshiba pocket pc series e335 to windows 7

I believe you are looking for the "Windows Mobile Device Center." Note that there is a 32-bit version and a 64-bit version. Make
    sure you get the 64-bit version.

Joel Ivory Johnson, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Carsomyr Win User

Ok for starters I think somewhere in here you have a bit of misinformation... This is the spec sheet for the HP Pavilion dv6910us Notebook PC: HP Pavilion dv6910us Notebook PC - Product Specifications | HP®Â*Support

According to this it does NOT have a GeForce 630M, it has a GeForce Go 7150M, which is not supported under Windows 10 Nvidia drivers, and would explain why you can't get any in WU and why it doesn't find any compatible hardware. I'm also positive that you don't have a 630M since it was released in 2012, and this hp came with Vista which was released back in 2007. Looking at the same sheet it came with altec lansing speakers, which as far as I know i think the latest driver was for Windows 8.

Carsomyr, Aug 1, 2015
  5. WinITPro Win User
    You are quite correct. I discovered my mistake and then did some searching with the proper parameters. I found a post of someone who had the exact same model as I with the same problem. One responder gave him a link to a Vista driver which he tried and it worked. So I tried it and lo and behold I was able to install the Vista driver in Windows 10 even without compatibility mode. I got the video card recognized and the proper resolution set and also have sound.

WinITPro, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Trying to find correct drivers for video and audio - Similar Threads - Trying find correct

2. Audio drivers not working correctly. No audio, and audio related content/settings...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio drivers not working correctly. No audio, and audio related content/settings...: Hello. Since about the last windows update, on and off. I have been having issues where which if i connect an audio device headset with the audio jack. Sometimes also Bluetooth. The computers audio manager/audio settings starts freezing. Troubleshooting tells me that audio...
  3. Trying to Find a Driver

Trying to Find a Driver: I posted a thread earlier this year about the stuttering in audio while watching a video, and later came to determine that it was a BIOS issue after a couple of months of constant e-mailing with different places. I did try running for a while without my NVIDIA running to...
  4. Cannot find Audio Driver

Cannot find Audio Driver: Split from this thread. I cannot find an audio drive for my HP windows laptop ill have to check the exact year it is an old work laptop but regardless the driver was there and working find with windows 10 until recently it seemed to randomly disappear and now i cannot find...
  5. I can't find the correct graphics driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    I can't find the correct graphics driver: Hi Please help I have upgraded my Lenovo Lenovo 330 81D7004UUK. I have put in a 750 GB ssd and loaded win eight. My driver according to my sytem info is AMD R5 but on the AMD site there are loads of different drivers I can't locate the one I need. Lenovo support when I got...
  6. Can't find the audio driver file

Can't find the audio driver file: My audio stopped working from my computer. Was working one minute, then stopped the next. Went to device manager, sound, and the only things listed are my bluetooth headphones. so i can't uninstall the driver. i have restarted many times Done a recovery from a past...
  7. correct video drivers for Windows 10 in VirtualBox?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    correct video drivers for Windows 10 in VirtualBox?: I have Windows 10 running in VirtualBox (Windows 7 Pro is the host OS). I can't choose a resolution to match my display which is 1920 x 1080. Do I need to install the driver for the card that is in my host machine (GTX980)? 72940
  8. via audio driver wont install correctly

via audio driver wont install correctly: trying to install drivers for via audio chip VT2021. tried drivers from their website and from the motherboards gigabyte site. windows 10 install standard drivers with no controls. so Im trying to install the drivers from via and gigabyte and for some reason the...
  9. Finding the correct Win 10 drivers question

Finding the correct Win 10 drivers question: When i upgraded to win 10 i noticed there were a whole bunch of new drivers that i never dealt with before . I want to do a clean install but am seriously worried about being able to find the right drivers and was wondering if it is advisable to do a refresh after a clean...
  10. Looking for correct video card driver

Looking for correct video card driver: I'm using Win10TP 64-bit. I'm having trouble finding a correct driver for my NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT PCIe card. The OS just lists my driver as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter". I did find one link below that lists a bunch of drivers for this cards but I don't know which one to...