Windows 10: Trying to get all of my devices to work on 1 AT&T Network (2 TV's, 2 Phones, 3 laptops, 4...

Discus and support Trying to get all of my devices to work on 1 AT&T Network (2 TV's, 2 Phones, 3 laptops, 4... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am having a problem seeing my other computers on My network. I have a laptop with WinXP SP3 (videos), I have 4 towers: 1. Win XP SP3 ( business... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Connie Benham, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Trying to get all of my devices to work on 1 AT&T Network (2 TV's, 2 Phones, 3 laptops, 4...

I am having a problem seeing my other computers on My network.

• I have a laptop with WinXP SP3 (videos),
    • I have 4 towers:
      1. Win XP SP3 ( business files),
      2. Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 (Edit photos),
      3&4 Windows 7 .
    • I have 2 Win 10 laptops, The one with Win 10 Home is the overall connection that I want to use with all systems.

I have a Group called ENTERPRISE for the XP systems that I can see on my Windows Vista Ultimate and my Windows 10 laptop, but every time Microsoft has sent through an update on Windows 10 in the last 2 months I can no longer see the ENTERPRISE computers. I have to uninstall the update to get access again.

I can't see the Windows Vista Ultimate or the two Windows 7 on my Windows 10 laptop at all but I can see my:
      2 TV's,
      2 phones
      1 Epson wireless printer
    • My Window's Vista Ultimate can see the Win XP laptop but not the Win 10 laptop.
      All of these systems are wired to the same AT&T modem, my two Win 10 laptops, the phones, the TV's and the printer are the only wireless devices. I want to know how to get all of these things connected as 1 Network to share files. Please Help. Thank you!

:)

Connie Benham, Jul 6, 2018
  2. jfkjax Win User

Win10 laptop w/laptop display (no others) labeled 2, can't change to 1

alphanumeric and Helmut, Thank you for your replies.

1. The drivers were installed when Windows 10 was installed. There was nothing on the laptop prior to installing Windows 10.
    2. I don't have another display to try attaching as suggested.
    3. Not sure if it's always been like this or not. I just started looking at the configuration settings a week or so ago.
    4. To check hardware status, I've run a bunch of Lenovo tests and update checks. Nothing found.
    5. I did the Device Manager suggestion. 2 PnP monitors listed ... clicked "Show Hidden devices" ... found 2 more PnP monitors for a total of 4 ... uninstalled all 4 ... restarted ... same situation. Results: Device Manager now only lists 2 PnP monitors total (no hidden monitors) even though the only monitor is the laptop built-in monitor, but no change on the designation of laptop monitor being number "2" monitor.

Thanks for your help and suggestions. Not sure why it is like this. Might be something like Win10 compatibility, old hardware, or similar.

I've taken enough of your time on this. I can live with it as it is. Might decide to upgrade to a new and current laptop, or just proceed as is. Anyway, your responses are greatly appreciated!

jfkjax, Jul 6, 2018
  3. Ctrl+shift+1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5..etc not working.

Hi Kranthi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

Are you facing any issues with other keys on keyboard?

Follow the steps below and check if that resolves the issue.

Method 1: I suggest you to perform the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. It will resolve the common system problems.

1. Tap on Windows Key and click on search bar.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on Troubleshooting.

3. Click on View All on the left panel of the screen.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue still persist, refer to the below method.

Method 2: I would suggest you to try to update the keyboard drivers and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows logo + X key on the keyboard.

2. Select Device Manager.

3. Expand Keyboards.

4. Click on the driver and click on Update Driver
    Software

5. Then click on Next and follow the steps in the wizard that appears.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jul 6, 2018
  4. DoItJust Win User

Trying to get all of my devices to work on 1 AT&T Network (2 TV's, 2 Phones, 3 laptops, 4...

DIMM slot 1, 3 or DIMM slot 2, 4?

Page 1-23 in the manual;

• (2) Supports two (2) modules inserted into either the red slots or the black slots as onepair of Dual-channel memory con guration. We suggest that you install the modulesinto slots A2 and B2 for better compatibility.

DoItJust, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

Trying to get all of my devices to work on 1 AT&T Network (2 TV's, 2 Phones, 3 laptops, 4...

1. Trying to get all of my devices to work on 1 AT&T Network (2 TV's, 2 Phones, 3 laptops, 4... - Similar Threads - Trying devices AT&T

2. 2 Monitor, 2 User, 1 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Monitor, 2 User, 1 Laptop: I currently have the following setup: One laptop with an additional monitor setup set to duplicate Screen. So the screen on the laptop and the screen on the monitor display the same image.I want to make it so that, With additional keyboards and mice, Make one user work on the...
  3. 2 Monitor, 2 User, 1 Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 Monitor, 2 User, 1 Laptop: I currently have the following setup: One laptop with an additional monitor setup set to duplicate Screen. So the screen on the laptop and the screen on the monitor display the same image.I want to make it so that, With additional keyboards and mice, Make one user work on the...
  4. Onn 2 in 1 Convertible laptop not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Onn 2 in 1 Convertible laptop not working: Hi there. I have an Onn 2 in 1 convertible laptop that I purchased from Walmart about a year ago. I have never had any issues with it, but yesterday my laptop suddenly crashed, showing me a blue screen with a : sad face on it. It said it needed to restart and I let it do its...
  5. Networking 2 laptops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networking 2 laptops: So I have been using walkthoughs this past 2 days to try and connect 2 laptops I have next to each other. I am trying both Wirelessly and through Ethernet. Nothing I do seems to work, when I do finally get them to see each other then they are asking for Network Credentials...
  6. Connect 2 windows device; 1 laptop and 1 tablet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connect 2 windows device; 1 laptop and 1 tablet: Hey there, this is my first time posting. Currently i have 2 windows device, a tablet and a laptop. The tablet is wacom enabled. So my question is, can i somehow connect the two device so the tablet acts like a wacom cintiq/one to the laptop? Thanks in advanced :)...
  7. 2 WiFi networks, 1 laptop, 4 cameras.....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 WiFi networks, 1 laptop, 4 cameras.....: Kind of an involved technical question. I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask. I am running Blue Iris NVR software on a Windows 10 laptop. The built-in wifi adapter is 2.4ghz only. I added a 5ghz USB adapter. The 4 cameras are 2.4ghz only. Currently, the cameras...
  8. Any 2/3 monitors work, but not all 3 at once?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Any 2/3 monitors work, but not all 3 at once?: After a forced windows update last night I have been encountering an extremely strange problem with my triple monitor setup. I have been running triple monitors for months without issue. However as of this morning, I can only get 2/3 of my monitors to work at one time. I can...
  9. Trying to get 2 monitors to work

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Trying to get 2 monitors to work: Windows 10, PC Dell Studio. I have two Dell Monitors connected. They are connected as follows: One is VGA to VGA. The second is DVI to VGA. (I hope this is correct). Both Monitors are showing in the Device manager screen. Dell 1907FP (Analog) and Dell 2007FP (Analog) The...
  10. DIMM slot 1, 3 or DIMM slot 2, 4?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DIMM slot 1, 3 or DIMM slot 2, 4?: New PC conf. and I got RAM question, shall I put the memory sticks in SLOT 1/3 or stay with my current setup 2/4? Intel Core i7-4790 3.6g 1150 Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 DDR3 1600 CORSAIR VENGEANCE LP 16GB (2X8) 240PIN DDR3 1600 SAPPHIRE RADEAON R9 380 NITRO 4GB DDR5...