Windows 10: trying to get my picture slideshow

Discus and support trying to get my picture slideshow in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Brink: I just upgraded to Win10Pro last week, and am having issues with trying to get my picture slideshow to work properly. I have three... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SeanBH, Aug 11, 2015.

1. SeanBH Win User

trying to get my picture slideshow

Hi Brink:

I just upgraded to Win10Pro last week, and am having issues with trying to get my picture slideshow to work properly. I have three monitors, and just upgraded my AMD drviers for my graphics card. I thought I had everything OK, until I noticed today that the same picture within my pictures folder is showing on all three monitors, instead of a random picture on each monitor. I have gone through your tutorials here, and see some bits and pieces that you mention of this, but I'm not picking up any of the fixes per se. any ideas? Thanks!

:)

SeanBH, Aug 11, 2015
  2. StefanBY Win User

Windows 10 Lock Screen Slideshow Not Working

Hello all,

I've tried a few times to get the slideshow runnig on my laptop however it works perfectly on my desktop.

At first it shows only three pictures of a dozend. I find out, that only the pictures recognized by the Windows 10 "Pictures" app are shown at the slideshow.

Moving and copying the pictures into existing and new created folders in different directorys ended up with an error "You need more than one picture to show in your slideshow" after testing the slideshow setting by Win+L.

So gave up my first try.

As I tried and searched today I found this thread. This leads me to an rights issue accessing my preferred slideshow pictures by the lock screen app.

At least my solution was to add rights for "all application packages" to my preferred slideshow folder.

So it work's after Win+L

Hope this will help some of you.

I'm still trying to get the slideshow running after reboot by manipulating the lock screen settings at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE or .DEFAULT User profile

StefanBY, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Scott_005 Win User
    LockScreen SlideShow dosent display the way it should.

Original Title: LockScreen SlideShow

I Have a Windows 10 computer that I am enabling the lock screen slideshow option to show specific pictures when I lock my computer. When doing so the slideshow works no problem and shows my pictures but at random points in the slideshow, it tries to bunch
    2-7 pictures on to one slide (like a collage) when all I want is for the slideshow to go through and display one picture at a time. Is there a way to stop the slideshow feature from trying to put a bunch of my pictures on one slide and just go through then
    one at a time?

Scott_005, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 11, 2015
  5. SeanBH Win User
    Thank you, Brink. Yes...it is for my desktop, and shuffle is selected. This worked just fine for years before Win10 and for a few days after.

SeanBH, Aug 11, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Double check to make sure that you don't have anything in the selected folder other than image files.

In addition, make sure it's a folder on the local PC, and not a OneDrive folder. I've noticed that it doesn't always work well from a OneDrive folder location.

Hope this may help. *Smile

Brink, Aug 11, 2015
  7. SeanBH Win User
    Well, I do have .mov and .mp4 files intermixed with my .jpgs. I have multiple folders that I've got loaded, but the interface didn't pick up any of the video files that I know of. Funny (well, it really isn't!)...this wasn't such as big deal in Win 8.1. Looks like I'm going to have to re-arrange all my pictures and folders. Thanks for your help, Brink!

SeanBH, Aug 11, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

I'd test using a new folder with a couple of images in it first to make sure though.

If you have secure sign-in enabled where you have to press CTRL+ALT+DEL to unlock, then that would cause the slide show to not play on your lock screen.

Brink, Aug 11, 2015
  9. SeanBH Win User
    Well, I tried your suggestion....have 10 pictures in my Pictures folder selected. Still have the same single photo showing on all 3 screens as my desktop background. I do not have the Lock Screen activated. Ideas?

SeanBH, Aug 11, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 11, 2015
  11. SeanBH Win User
    trying to get my picture slideshow [​IMG]

Hope you can see this! It's set at 30000, which I believe is 30 seconds, correct?

SeanBH, Aug 11, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yep, that's 30 seconds.

I must admit that I'm not sure why your lock screen (not sign-in screen) is not playing the slide show. *Confused

Brink, Aug 12, 2015
  13. SeanBH Win User

Brink:

You know, instead of screwing with this any further, I decided to try out DisplayFusion, and it's working great. I haven't tried my FSX with it yet, but for $25 for the Pro Version, I think it will work nicely. It also takes care of my ScreenSaver problem of the pictures hanging halfway off the screen! Thank for your help, Brink!

SeanBH, Aug 12, 2015
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm glad to hear that you got it sorted. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. trying to get my picture slideshow - Similar Threads - trying picture slideshow

2. Getting Different Pictures From Slideshow on Different Monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting Different Pictures From Slideshow on Different Monitors: Before when I chose slideshow for the background, a different pictures came up on each monitor. Now all three show the exact same picture. Is there a way to get it back to displaying a different picture from the slideshow on each monitor?...
  3. Getting Different Pictures From Slideshow on Different Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Getting Different Pictures From Slideshow on Different Monitors: Before when I chose slideshow for the background, a different pictures came up on each monitor. Now all three show the exact same picture. Is there a way to get it back to displaying a different picture from the slideshow on each monitor?...
  4. Getting Different Pictures From Slideshow on Different Monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. SLIDESHOW PICTURES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SLIDESHOW PICTURES: HI THERE I AM USING WINDOWS 10 SLIDESHOW AS MY BACKROUND. ID LIKE TO KNOW A PATH OF WHERE I COULD VIEW THESE PICTURES AS ID LIKE TO DOWNLOAD A FEW. IS THERE A MICROSOFT/WINDOWS GALLERY? IF SO PLEASE SHARE A LINK OR PATH OF VIEWING THESE PICTURES. THANKING YOU...
  6. Desktop Slideshow with a backround picture

Desktop Slideshow with a backround picture: I would like to use a picture from the Hubble Space Telescope and set that as my desktop back round. On that I would like to have a slideshow showing pictures of my grandkids : . Can this be done? Thanks...
  7. How can I play a slideshow of my pictures to include the name of the picture?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I play a slideshow of my pictures to include the name of the picture?: How can I play a slideshow of my pictures to include the name of the picture? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-play-a-slideshow-of-my-pictures-to/1ea5d830-8216-477f-8b09-ef616748765b
  8. Trying to get a picture to act as a folder.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to get a picture to act as a folder.: I’ve searched google (no help) and even Bing (worse) to help with this issue. I know how .ico (for icons) work within Win10, and how .dll works as a folder of sorts for icons within the Win10 icon display, but I just can’t find what I’m looking for. I’m running Windows 10 Pro...
  9. Slideshow always changes to picture

Slideshow always changes to picture: hey guys, i already posted this (here?), and in Windows Feedback, no reply or solution. One of my 4 computer with a slideshow of pictures always gets changed to picture and then it is a BING-PICTURE. All i need is the right setting in REGEDIT and maybe this can be...
  10. how to get slideshow of all Pictures, not just one folder

how to get slideshow of all Pictures, not just one folder: I have many folders with photos and want to run a slideshow of all of them but when I choose 'Pictures' Windows 10 will not show anything. I have to pick one folder. That folder will run nicely, but I would like to include ALL folders. 13402