Windows 10: Trying to go back to windows 7

Discus and support Trying to go back to windows 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I followed the instructions but it's telling me I have to uninstall my user accounts. I have not created any new accounts, these have a lot of info and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KCannone, Sep 25, 2015.

1. KCannone Win User

Trying to go back to windows 7

I followed the instructions but it's telling me I have to uninstall my user accounts. I have not created any new accounts, these have a lot of info and pictures I don't want to delete. I can see the windows 7 files are still on my computer as well. I'm beyond frustrated.

:)

KCannone, Sep 25, 2015

2. Trying to go back to windows 7 from 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand that you are unable to find rollback option on Windows 10.

I would like to inform that once you complete the time period of 30 days after upgrading to Windows 10, the rollback option will be removed even if you have Windows.old folder.

Do let us know what is the exact issue you are facing on Windows 10 as you are willing to rollback to previous operating system?

If you wish to rollback to previous operating system you will have to perform factory reset on Windows 10 or perform clean installation of the previous operating system.

Before performing any of those, it is recommended to take a backup of all your content on the current operating system.

To reset your current operating system to factory settings refer to the section:
    Restore factory settings from Recovery options in Windows 10

Also, refer to Go back to your previous version of Windows from the article and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 25, 2015
  3. Trying to go back to windows 7 from 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for responding.

Do let us know if you have logged in with the same user account that you created while upgrading to Windows 10.

I suggest you to refer to the below article by J W Stuart and check if it helps.

How to recover / restore your previous version of Windows using the Rollback feature

Also, provide us the screen shot of this issue to check if the option is present and disabled.

Refer the below article by Shawn to add screen shot in your post.

How to include a screenshot in your post

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 25, 2015
  4. donetao Win User

donetao, Sep 26, 2015
  5. KCannone Win User
    Hi, yes the same instructions you linked to, I went to recovery, clicked go back to 7. It does not ask me why though. It tells me I need to delete the user names that were created after the installation. There were none. It's telling me to delete our original profiles, claiming that they were created after the fact, when they are 2 years old... if I do as it says I will loose everything, including my administration profile, in which case I would THEN have to create a new profile anyway just to use my computer at all... I'm feeling very discouraged

KCannone, Sep 26, 2015
  6. donetao Win User
    Hi KCannone! It's very hard for me to advise you when I don't have your computer in front of me. My advise would to back up your OS like it is now with a 3rd party imaging program like Macrium Reflect. It would have been great if you had created a image of W7 before doing the upgrade, but to late now. Once you have a image of W10 on a external drive, then you can try yo roll back your OS to W7. You will have the W10 image to restore back to it the roll back to W7 fails. This is the only thing I can offer at this time. Do you have any media to restore W7 back??
    These upgrades are good but, you should always make sure you can undue any thing and get back to where you were before. The only sure way is to create a back up image before making drastic changes.
    That's the best I can do for you. Maybe another member has better advise.
    I would be happy to help you it you have questions about creating a image of your OS.*Wink

donetao, Sep 26, 2015
  7. KCannone Win User
    Yeah I have no idea what you just said lol... I think it got upgraded by accident? The icon kept asking and we kept saying no, but I remember something popping up and saying something about delaying, I hit delay without looking, thinking it was an update notification. I use a tablet, my husband uses the computer. He hates the w10. He doesn't like the privacy issues or something... I can see the w7 is still on the computer, I found the files easily. No where 9 the Web can I find where other people have had my problem

KCannone, Sep 27, 2015
  8. donetao Win User

I think a lot of people got upgraded that didn't want it. You are supposed to be able to roll back.
    I'm afraid I don't have a solution. I have heard that others have rolled back with out a issue??
    Here's the best I have for you! These are threads from the forum!!
    There is a lot going on here, but maybe you can find a solution!
    https://www.tenforums.com/gtsearch.ph...6206j6592452j9

donetao, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Trying to go back to windows 7 - Similar Threads - Trying

2. Ethernet disconnects whenever I try to play an online multiplayer game on my PC Windows 11,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet disconnects whenever I try to play an online multiplayer game on my PC Windows 11,...: As the title states, whenever I try playing an online multiplayer game, after a few minutes my ethernet stop working and I have to reset my computer in order for it to work. It also cuts out all audio in the computer. The router still works for all other devices even when the...
  3. Ethernet disconnects whenever I try to play an online multiplayer game on my PC Windows 11,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet disconnects whenever I try to play an online multiplayer game on my PC Windows 11,...: As the title states, whenever I try playing an online multiplayer game, after a few minutes my ethernet stop working and I have to reset my computer in order for it to work. It also cuts out all audio in the computer. The router still works for all other devices even when the...
  4. When I am trying to install oracle forms and reports 6i on windows 11 the installer is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I am trying to install oracle forms and reports 6i on windows 11 the installer is...: When I am trying to install oracle forms and reports 6i on windows 11 the installer is closing abnormally. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-am-trying-to-install-oracle-forms-and/bfa53a9c-ec02-4fe3-984e-e0b7d89c641d
  5. When I am trying to install oracle forms and reports 6i on windows 11 the installer is...

When I am trying to install oracle forms and reports 6i on windows 11 the installer is...: When I am trying to install oracle forms and reports 6i on windows 11 the installer is closing abnormally. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-am-trying-to-install-oracle-forms-and/bfa53a9c-ec02-4fe3-984e-e0b7d89c641d
  6. Error code 0xc1900101 when trying to update to Windows 11, version 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code 0xc1900101 when trying to update to Windows 11, version 22H2: I've been trying to upgrade to win11 with no success. At first I got code: 0x8007139f which I was able to fix by uninstalling 3rd party AV, running net stop on msiservr, cryptserv, etc and renaming system distribution and catroot2 folders. I then restarted my computer, tried...
  7. Error code 0xc1900101 when trying to update to Windows 11, version 22H2

Error code 0xc1900101 when trying to update to Windows 11, version 22H2: I've been trying to upgrade to win11 with no success. At first I got code: 0x8007139f which I was able to fix by uninstalling 3rd party AV, running net stop on msiservr, cryptserv, etc and renaming system distribution and catroot2 folders. I then restarted my computer, tried...
  8. Error code 0xc1900101 when trying to update to Windows 11, version 22H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. This RunDLL error message keeps on popping. I have tried a number of things but it doesn't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This RunDLL error message keeps on popping. I have tried a number of things but it doesn't...: The error message saysThere was a problem starting \temp\.dllThe specific module could not be found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-rundll-error-message-keeps-on-popping-i-have/9f4b2188-cf7a-49fe-aad9-5dfdbed2a297
  10. This RunDLL error message keeps on popping. I have tried a number of things but it doesn't...

This RunDLL error message keeps on popping. I have tried a number of things but it doesn't...: The error message saysThere was a problem starting \temp\.dllThe specific module could not be found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-rundll-error-message-keeps-on-popping-i-have/9f4b2188-cf7a-49fe-aad9-5dfdbed2a297