Windows 10: Trying to install the Harry Potter PC games onto Windows 10

Discus and support Trying to install the Harry Potter PC games onto Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I wanted to install the PC Harry Potter games onto Windows 10 but I keep getting an error message whenever I put the discs in. "This program has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JennaFrowen, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Trying to install the Harry Potter PC games onto Windows 10

So I wanted to install the PC Harry Potter games onto Windows 10 but I keep getting an error message whenever I put the discs in. "This program has been damaged possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive." And then it asks to reinstall it. However, it doesn't say which drive is damaged. Is there a way to fix this?

:)

JennaFrowen, Jul 28, 2018

2. Trying to install the Harry Potter PC games onto Windows 10

So I wanted to install the PC Harry Potter games onto Windows 10 but I keep getting an error message whenever I put the discs in. "This program has been damaged possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive." And then it asks to reinstall it. However, it
    doesn't say which drive is damaged. Is there a way to fix this?

JennaFrowen, Jul 28, 2018
  3. SuzanneTF Win User
    Harry Potter EA games won't run on Windows 10

I researched this because I own "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" and "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" on CD-ROM. My laptop (Windows 10, 64-bit) refused to play them on any compatibility setting. It turns out the issue is that the old disc
    copyright protection/DRM that EA was using during that time period is not supported by Windows 10.

One of the riskiest ways around this is to get a hacked no-cd.exe from back in the day of pirating and not wanting to manually change cd-rom discs. I have tried this (just installed the games and then exchanged the .exe files). The games will then work.
    The CD-ROM issue is all that prevents Windows from allowing the games to run.

(Edit: So with the file I was using I could start the game and watch the opening segment about Harry. But it seemed to skip around a bit and then I couldn't start my objective. Hmm.)

SuzanneTF, Jul 28, 2018
  4. Trying to install the Harry Potter PC games onto Windows 10

Harry Potter EA games won't run on Windows 10

Hello everyone.

I have problem with installing Harry Potter games on my computer using Windows 10. None of the first three EA games would run (HP and the Philosopher's Stone, HP and the Chamber of Secrets and HP and the Prisoner of Azkaban). First game doesn't respond in
    any way when I insert the CD. The second game does and I even managed to install it but when I try to open it, a little window pops up asking if I allow the program to make changes to my PC. After I press 'yes' nothing happens. Literally nothing. I did Troubleshoot
    compatibility and all it finds is that the game is incompatible. All games run perfectly on Windows 7 by the way!

If anyone knows how to fix this, I would appreciate it a lot.

IvonaBrzica, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

Trying to install the Harry Potter PC games onto Windows 10

1. Trying to install the Harry Potter PC games onto Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Trying install Harry

2. Installing Old Harry Potter Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Old Harry Potter Game: Hi. Im trying to install Harry Potter pc game and it wont load after installation. It says sign in as administrator? And just doesnt load https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-old-harry-potter-game/75ca83b2-8a58-41e1-8ac9-0015fdbfc34f
  3. Installing Old Harry Potter Game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Old Harry Potter Game: Hi. Im trying to install Harry Potter pc game and it wont load after installation. It says sign in as administrator? And just doesnt load https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-old-harry-potter-game/75ca83b2-8a58-41e1-8ac9-0015fdbfc34f
  4. Received email from you saying I purchased a Harry Potter game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Received email from you saying I purchased a Harry Potter game: You sent me an email saying I purchased a Harry Potter game £59.99 on my mastercard which I have linked to my grandsons xbox mainly for his xbox ultimate game pass. He has purchased this game but paid on his mother's visa. Which she knows you have charged her for on Wednesday...
  5. I can't play a newly installed game on my pc Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Part 1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't play a newly installed game on my pc Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Part 1: Hi, I recently installed the above mentioned game in my pc. It took hours to unpack archives and finally when I tried to play it, It said "d3dx9_37.dll was not found". Then I manually downloaded it and placed in the game directory. And after that, It shows " The application...
  6. Harry Potter on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Harry Potter on Windows 10?: Hey, I have a question. Is it possible to play Harry Potter and the White Stone on Windows 10? If not, maybe you can send me a link to a patch? Many thanks in advance https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/harry-potter-auf-windows-10
  7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 installation: Im trying to install Hp7 part 1 and it gets partway through the installation and then freezes and doesnt go further. What is wrong and how do i fix it?...
  8. Can't Install Harry Potter & The Chamber of Secrets on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Install Harry Potter & The Chamber of Secrets on PC: Hi there As the title says I can't install CoS on my PC. I've got windows 10. Whenever I put in the disc to install the game, the installation guide won't even come up, so I can install it. Why's that? What can I do? Thanks in advance...
  9. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets PC Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets PC Game: I downloaded this game last week and it was working perfectly, however NOW, it keeps saying that dll files are missing when they are not, I have tried re-registering them, but it STILL refuses to work and the files refuse point blank to re-register - HELP...
  10. Trying to install the Harry Potter PC games onto Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trying to install the Harry Potter PC games onto Windows 10: So I wanted to install the PC Harry Potter games onto Windows 10 but I keep getting an error message whenever I put the discs in. "This program has been damaged possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive." And then it asks to reinstall it. However, it doesn't say which drive...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. harry potter chamber of secrets pc windows 10 boot error

2. trying to install game error this program has been damaged harry potter