Windows 10: Trying to Install Unsigned Driver for DJI Flight Controller on USB

Discus and support Trying to Install Unsigned Driver for DJI Flight Controller on USB in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This has been a known problem for 3-4 years as I search the internet for solutions. I have found several places that point me to instructions on how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rickbrad, Dec 23, 2017.

1. rickbrad Win User

Trying to Install Unsigned Driver for DJI Flight Controller on USB

This has been a known problem for 3-4 years as I search the internet for solutions.

I have found several places that point me to instructions on how to boot my Windows 10 into safe mode or a mode that allows the installation of unsigned drivers. Every time I attempt to restart while holding the shift key, my computer goes into a circular reboot where it tries to "create a safe configuration" or some words to that affect. It will reboot sometimes dozens of times, and then either after I power off for several seconds or sometimes not, it will reboot to windows normally or the last know good configuration, I am not sure.

But never can I get to a screen that allows me to choose what special boot conditions I need, like I find in many instructions for disabling driver signing.

My computer is fast, because I have a SSD as the OS drive. As I am typing this, I wonder if the BIOS has the fast boot option selected. I am going to go ahead and post this and then go check that.

One last thing, I was able to get the computer booted into Test Mode by starting a command line in administrator mode and typing Bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON. However, I am about to turn test signing back on, because I really thought I lost the computer and was going to have to boot it from media but finally was able to get it to boot by rapidly hitting the F8 key. But Test Mode would not allow the driver to install. It still aborted in the middle of the install.

Any help would be appreciated. Now I will turn off Test Mode and go to the BIOS and check the fast boot option. I hope it is something that simple.

Rick

:)

rickbrad, Dec 23, 2017
  2. ItWit Win User

USB Devices not recognised.

I have two devices that regularly are not properly recognized by Windows 10 one is a Garmin GPS and the other is a DJI Phantom Drone. In the case of the Garmin the USB Drives are recognised by Windows (Confirmed using USBDEVIEW) but the software does
    not recognise the device and continues to search for it.

In the DJI case it seems to recognise the device but the software cannot access the Drone information i.e. Version Numbers etc. It also often reports errors on the SD Card inserted into the Drone but no errors are reported if the SD Card is inserted into
    a card reader.

Any suggestions that I can try would be appreciated.

ItWit, Dec 23, 2017
  3. genang Win User
    MSN Money Mobile App for Windows Mobile 6.5

Jack,

I did try $dji before and it didn't work. BUT, it does now. Thanks.......

genang, Dec 23, 2017
  4. rickbrad Win User

Unfortunately, I cannot get the computer to start in "Driver signing disabled" mode. Fastboot was on but that setting has been changed. The computer still goes in these strange loops when I try to boot this way, and then when I do get it started, it is back to standard mode.

Has there been an update so that the driver signing feature cannot be disabled?

rickbrad, Dec 23, 2017
  5. kipper Win User
    You might need to clear secure boot keys from within your BIOS......this should allow you to install non-signed drivers......

kipper, Dec 23, 2017
  6. Railtech Win User
    You might try this:

Installing Unsigned Drivers by Disabling Integrity Checks
    To disable integrity checks:
    STEP 1: Open the Command Prompt as admin from the Power User menu, then execute the command: bcdedit /set nointegritychecks off
    STEP 2: After executing the command, restart your PC, and then proceed in installing the unsigned driver for your system.
    STEP 3: To re-enable integrity check, execute the below command as an admin in the command prompt: bcdedit /set nointegritychecks on
    STEP 4: When you get the message saying the operation was successful, restart your system and you’re good to go.

Railtech, Dec 23, 2017
  7. rickbrad Win User
    There was a setting in BIOS that would not let me boot into Windows 10 until I allowed the BIOS to bypass the security feature. In other words in a corporate environment or similar where the BIOS is locked, you can prevent users from booting in the unsigned drivers allowed mode.

Apparently the BIOS will keep rebooting until Windows clears itself of that mode and resets itself to disable unsigned drivers.

I would never have looked there, so thank you very much!

There is also a setting to clear secure boot keys, but I was afraid to do that thinking it would clear other drivers that I had a hard time configuring earlier.

Rick

rickbrad, Dec 23, 2017
  8. spunk Win User

As you found out, you have to Disable Secure Boot in the Bios.

spunk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Trying to Install Unsigned Driver for DJI Flight Controller on USB - Similar Threads - Trying Install Unsigned

2. Windows update tries to install unsigned driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update tries to install unsigned driver: Hello!Windows update tries to install driver without valid digital signature for "Ralink Bluetooth PCIe Adapter" RT3298 and driver later fails to start with error "Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. The signing certificate for this file has been...
  3. Windows update tries to install unsigned driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update tries to install unsigned driver: Hello!Windows update tries to install driver without valid digital signature for "Ralink Bluetooth PCIe Adapter" RT3298 and driver later fails to start with error "Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. The signing certificate for this file has been...
  4. Windows update tries to install unsigned driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Installation of unsigned drivers

Installation of unsigned drivers: Hi, How can I install specific unsigned drivers on my machine without disabling Driver signature enforcement for all the applications. Regards, Ammar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-of-unsigned-drivers/f1ebc1f0-87d8-42e7-bf57-865984d0ac77
  6. Unsigned driver

Unsigned driver: I have Veikk v50 graphic tablet. When installed it all works fine apart from the pen pressure. Looking in device...... It shows with the alert sign and the unsigned message. I can go through recovery etc and switch off the block on unsigned drivers, install the driver and it...
  7. Installation of an unsigned driver by modifying administrative credentials.

Installation of an unsigned driver by modifying administrative credentials.: Hi, I am trying to find another route around the problem of installing drivers with no signed security certificate from an unverified source. In other words China. Before today I simply restart+shift, t.shoot, advanced options, restart with driver security signature...
  8. Macrium Unsigned Driver

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Unsigned Driver: Anybody else getting this when trying to mount an image? Don't look too good!! Build 2089 - latest. [img] 80117
  9. How to install an unsigned driver

How to install an unsigned driver: I have an old Adaptec SCSI card that I need to run my scanner. the driver is 64 bit and will work in win 10, but win will not ley me install it because it is unsigned I know there is a way to disable this feature, I just forgot where to do this Sven 44546
  10. Re-enable 'unsigned' driver settings after installing an unsigned drvr

Re-enable 'unsigned' driver settings after installing an unsigned drvr: OK, first post in this forum, please bear with me. I did try to research BUT all I found was how to disable the unsigned driver block. I followed this tutorial: 1. Click on the Start Menu, Click on power, then hold the Shift key and click Restart at the same time. 2....