Windows 10: Trying to install Windows 10. Freezes at the logo screen.

Discus and support Trying to install Windows 10. Freezes at the logo screen. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After a hectic few weeks of figuring things out, I finally had my first build completed. The fans work, everything lights up, I can get it to boot,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by enzouzou, Apr 10, 2017.

1. enzouzou Win User

Trying to install Windows 10. Freezes at the logo screen.

After a hectic few weeks of figuring things out, I finally had my first build completed. The fans work, everything lights up, I can get it to boot, it's great! Here are some of its specs:

CPU AMD RYZEN 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor Motherboard Asus PRIME B350-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory Storage Samsung 850 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive Storage Western Digital Red 4TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive Video Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Windforce OC Video Card

I went on a one week vacation, and now that I'm back I tried installing the Windows 10 software. I bought it in USB form, since I don't want/need a DVD port. Everything is fine, it asks me if I want to install the 64-bit or 32-bit (64-bit is the one I chose), it's loading the files, and BAM frozen at the logo screen. The loading dots didn't even make one rotation. It just paused halfway. Pics below.

Imgur

I've been looking for a solution non-stop for a few days now, but I've had no luck. What do you think it could be? Is it my BIOS settings? Why can't I install Windows? I just want it to work *Sad
    I've read that it could be an HDD error, and when I received my HDD, there was "BAD" written on it with a permanent marker. I had contact the seller weeks ago but they said all their drives work perfectly fine. I also removed the HDD to see if that was the culprit, but I keep getting the same error.

Any help would be appreciated ! Thanks!

Things I've tried so far:

• Removed HDD
    • Disabled Fast boot in BIOS
    • Disabled "CMS" in BIOS
    • Downloaded Windows 10 from the Microsoft website onto another USB

:)

enzouzou, Apr 10, 2017

2. Stuck at windows logo when trying to install windows 10 using a bootable dvd

Looking forward to your update Kamil.

Andre Da Costa, Apr 10, 2017
  3. Stuck at windows logo when trying to install windows 10 using a bootable dvd

Thanks I'll try that

Kamil Lazarowicz, Apr 10, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

I would try a Linux live flash drive to help determine if it is a hardware problem or Windows 10 problem.

NavyLCDR, Apr 10, 2017
  5. enzouzou Win User
    [SOLUTION] I emailed some tech shops and one very helpful person (Peter's PC Repair, shoutout to you!) allowed me to find a method to fix my problem. They mentioned it could be a memory timing problem and I searched on the internet for what solutions I could find.

I read that you might have to configure the settings according to your RAM sticks. Mine said "DDR4-3000 CL15-16-16-35 1.5v Intel XMP 2.0 Ready".

I ended up going to my BIOS settings (in the Ai Tweaker/Overclocking settings) and changed the Ai Overclock Tuner from Auto to D.O.C.P instead. From there, for the D.O.C.P, I selected my RAM from the drop down menu. In the Memory Frequency, I selected "DDR4-2933MHz" (since DDR4-3000 wasn't available). I then set my DRAM voltage to the one listed on my RAM (1.35v).

I saved my settings and viola! Problem solved! Now my computer is working perfectly. *Smile

enzouzou, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Trying to install Windows 10. Freezes at the logo screen. - Similar Threads - Trying install Freezes

2. Windows 10 install feezes at logo screen

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 install feezes at logo screen: I have been installing windows since Win 3.11, this is the first time I have had an issue.New computer:Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite rev 1.0 firmware upgraded to F37D MotherboardRyzen 7 5800-X CPUCORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB RS 32GB 2x16GB DDR4 3600 RamGIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 Ti...
  3. Windows 10 install feezes at logo screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 install feezes at logo screen: I have been installing windows since Win 3.11, this is the first time I have had an issue.New computer:Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite rev 1.0 firmware upgraded to F37D MotherboardRyzen 7 5800-X CPUCORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB RS 32GB 2x16GB DDR4 3600 RamGIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 Ti...
  4. Windows 10 install feezes at logo screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Freezing at Windows logo.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Freezing at Windows logo.: Hi, my name is Hunter and I have built a new pc from scratch. Everything is brand new in the build. After loading the new operating system, it runs normally. When loading and getting the files ready for the first startup, it freezes at the windows logo with the white dots...
  6. Windows 10 freezes on logo screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 freezes on logo screen: So, I'm having a bit of an issue with my Windows computer after the recent updates. Every time I turn it on it stays stuck on the logo screen. Those spinning white circles, that indicate it's loading, don't appear and I am forced to do a hard shutdown. When I turn it on again...
  7. Windows 10 install stuck at logo screen

Windows 10 install stuck at logo screen: Hello, this is my first post here. I've been trying to install Windows 10 for a few days now and whatever I do I can't get past the black screen with the four blue rectangles that constitute the Windows 10 logo. (I haven't installed 10 before - does everyone see this...
  8. Windows 10 installation usb freeze's at windows logo

Windows 10 installation usb freeze's at windows logo: Hello When trying to set-up a new PC, me and a friend encountered a rather annoying issue. We created a bootable usb using the microsoft media creation tool. We did not receive any warnings or errors so we assume the creation was sucesfull. Now when trying to boot over...
  9. Freeze at Windows logo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freeze at Windows logo: Just built a new Ryzen 5 3600 computer and am using my old SSD with windows 10 Home edition. I was able to get it to boot and ran a few games. Then I went into bios on an asrock b450m steel legend changing the ram to the rated 3200mhz and received a BSOD with the error memory...
  10. Windows 10 boot intermittently freezing on Logo Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 boot intermittently freezing on Logo Screen: I have Windows 10 on three computers. Two work fine. The third has been giving me boot problems for as long as I have had it upgraded from Windows 8 (which worked perfectly). On around 50% of boots it will simply freeze at the Windows logo screen with no spinning dots. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Trying to install Windows 10. Freezes at the logo screen

2. windows 10 freezing at install at windows logo

3. windows 10 freeze on jnstall at logo

4. trying to install program and freezes,
  5. windows 10 freezing at windows logo