Windows 10: Trying to log into Cortana

Discus and support Trying to log into Cortana in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to log in, but it keeps asking me about some old password? I can log into MS account just fine, but not via Cortana, any idea why? I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TairikuOkami, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Trying to log into Cortana

I am trying to log in, but it keeps asking me about some old password?
    I can log into MS account just fine, but not via Cortana, any idea why?
    I have tried a blank password, MS password, PIN I have tried before.

EDIT: I see, it is actually creating MS account instead of a local account.
    It is probably related to a fact, that I have supposedly no internet. *chuckle

EDIT: I have reinstalled, but it was because of Geolocation Service being disabled.
    I could not enable it again, probably because I have deleted Location task before.

:)

TairikuOkami, Jul 21, 2015

2. Trying to Log into Cortana

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

It looks like you have logged in to local account, Unfortunately Cortana does not work on Local accounts. I suggest you to login to Microsoft Account and check if that helps.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jul 21, 2015
  3. Trying to Log into Cortana

I have upgraded to WINDOWS 10, wish I kept windows 7.

I tried to log into CORTANA however I enter microsoft used id and password and it asks for OLD password.

I have NO IDEA what to put in here and cannot use the service.

PLEASE HELP

I called customer support 3 times waiting hours, spoke with 2 people in Phillippines and one in

India. THEY HAD NO CLUE

Mike O'Cone, Jul 21, 2015
  4. Trying to log into Cortana

Can you explain how you solved this log on problem with Cortana?

Anthony2816, Jul 31, 2015
  5. I had disabled some services required for MS login, like IP Helper + its dependencies.

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Trying to log into Cortana

1. Trying to log into Cortana - Similar Threads - Trying log Cortana

2. Explorer.exe when trying to log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer.exe when trying to log in: Hi, guys trying to login into my laptop but can't. The passcode doesn't work and getting a prompt explorer exe system error. How do fix this is it a virus?...
  3. Trying to uninstall Cortana

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to uninstall Cortana: Does the "Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.549981C3F5F10 | Remove-AppxPackage" method in PowerShell not work anymore? It did not work for me. I get this when I try... Get-AppxPackage : The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no...
  4. Can't Log In To Cortana In Windoews 10, 2004

in Cortana
    Can't Log In To Cortana In Windoews 10, 2004: Hi, I just upgraded my computer to the May 2020 Update Windows 10, 2004 version. I like the new Cortana "chat" version, but I cannot log in using my school account even though it states that "it works best with your school or work account." What do I need to do? R:...
  5. Trying to remove Cortana from taskbar, but there is no "Show Cortana Button" menu option to...

in Cortana
    Trying to remove Cortana from taskbar, but there is no "Show Cortana Button" menu option to...: Trying to remove Cortana from taskbar, but there is no "Show Cortana Button" menu option to uncheck . I'm using the latest update of Windows 10 Home so I don't have the gpedit.msc app. Any suggestions? Just trying to get rid of the Cortana icon on the taskbar to free up...
  6. Cortana Crashing ; Heres the Error Log

in Cortana
    Cortana Crashing ; Heres the Error Log: Faulting application name: SearchUI.exe, version: 10.0.17134.472, time stamp: 0x5c13540c Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17134.441, time stamp: 0x428de48c Exception code: 0x80004005 Fault offset: 0x000000000003a388 Faulting process id: 0x4dc Faulting...
  7. Cannot log in for Cortana

Cannot log in for Cortana: Cortana asks me to log in (i assume to my microsoft account), but no log in screen appears. On one occasion, a blank gray screen appeared. But every other time that grey screen just appears and disappears so rapidly there is no chance to even see what it is. Perhaps...
  8. Can't log into Cortana

Can't log into Cortana: I already have a Microsoft account that I've been using for some months with OneDrive. When I start Cortana it requires me to log into that account. I do so, but then it pops up a screen telling me to "Enter your old password one last time", and then "From here on out, you'll...
  9. MS account to try out Cortana ?

in Windows 10 Support
    MS account to try out Cortana ?: Hi all I run win 8.1 as my main OS and have a MS account for that. I run win 10 in a VM on local account, have not tested out Cortana as let , now that i have 10074 and its a bit more stable (not that i have had 1/4 the probs that some have) . I would like to test run...
  10. Logged off from OneDrive and Cortana

in Windows 10 Support
    Logged off from OneDrive and Cortana: I had recently encountered a strange problem: time by time I am getting logged off from OneDrive and Cortana. I just turn on my PC and a OneDrive greeting window appears, welcoming me to log in and set up sync, just like I never did it before. The same problem with Cortana -...