Windows 10: Trying to open Works Data base file.

Discus and support Trying to open Works Data base file. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have just had Windows 10 pro installed. One of the casualties is the fact I cannot open the Microsoft Works Data base files I have had since the very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TimothyWF, Feb 28, 2016.

1. TimothyWF Win User

Trying to open Works Data base file.

I have just had Windows 10 pro installed. One of the casualties is the fact I cannot open the Microsoft Works Data base files I have had since the very early days (1990's) which has worked fine up to now. I understand Windows 10 doesn't recognise the programme. I have tried a downloaded convertor to Excel I found on Google but Java Security has warned it could do damage to use. (?) Can anyone help me please?

:)

TimothyWF, Feb 28, 2016

2. transfer my Works data base to what? And how?? Currently using Windows 10I

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

You may copy and paste your file or folder from the flash drive and paste it in the desired drive that you have created.

For e.g.: D drive or E Drive etc or simply paste it in the desktop and move it later to your preferred location.

However if you're using the "send to" option, then you may select
    'my documents' from the 'send to' options.

The data will be stored in your My Documents folder.

I also like to inform that Microsoft Works 9 was the final version of Works and the software was discontinued in 2010. However, Windows users can still open WPS files with Microsoft Word or Microsoft Publisher. To open WPS files with either of these
    programs, you may need to select "Word 2000" or "All File Types" in the Open dialog box. You can also convert Works documents to Word documents using the "Microsoft Works 6–9 File Converter" application.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Feb 28, 2016
  3. Kellyrush Win User
    transfer my Works data base to what? And how?? Currently using Windows 10I

I have a 20 year old database in Works. What program do I transfer it to? How do I transfer it? I am currently using Windows 10 and it seems I need to quit using Works as it is no longer available. What do I do with this database and how do I get it
    on my new computer???

Kellyrush, Feb 28, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi and welcome to Tenforums.

Maybe this will help?
    Convert Microsoft Works Database (.wdb) to CSV or Excel Without Works Installed My Digital Life

simrick, Feb 28, 2016
  5. simrick Win User
    simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Trying to open Works Data base file. - Similar Threads - Trying open Works

2. Issues trying to open a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues trying to open a file: So, I had a file that had a lock on it on my desktop. I moved the folder to a flash drive but forgot to remove the lock. I went ahead and imaged wiped my PC for a fresh start. Now, I can no longer access the file and get the error, " You do not have permission to open this...
  3. NO DATA BASE DISPLY?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NO DATA BASE DISPLY?: Regretted to advise you that's since long I am using MSN MONEY and used to as well. But since SEPTEMBER 01.09.2021 I don't see my Backups Data. When Logging into I read all the times NO DATA TO DISPLAY?????Could you please look into my troubleshooting on My MSN MONEY? Sorry...
  4. NO DATA BASE DISPLY?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NO DATA BASE DISPLY?: Regretted to advise you that's since long I am using MSN MONEY and used to as well. But since SEPTEMBER 01.09.2021 I don't see my Backups Data. When Logging into I read all the times NO DATA TO DISPLAY?????Could you please look into my troubleshooting on My MSN MONEY? Sorry...
  5. NO DATA BASE DISPLY?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. What are these Data Base Files for? Is it from Onedrive? Or malware?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What are these Data Base Files for? Is it from Onedrive? Or malware?: They get deleted automatically. What is strange is that they are always created at the same time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/what-are-these-data-base-files-for-is-it-from/5865eb12-12a4-419f-8e14-988dad13f303
  7. Brother PE-DESIGN Data base not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Brother PE-DESIGN Data base not working: In september 2019 I installed PE-DESIGN NEXT on a new computer running Windows 10 Family Edition. It worked fine till june 2020. In july one program ceased to work: data base display embdb.exe. I installed a Windows update, and the program worked again for one hour, after...
  8. Outlook Data File Cannot Be Opened

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook Data File Cannot Be Opened: I am failing to open Outlook. The following is the window that is coming out, The File. C:\Users\joemb\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\[email protected] Cannot be opened. Then after closing the above window, the following is displayed, Cannot start Microsoft Outlook....
  9. Outlook Data File cannot be opened

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook Data File cannot be opened: Hi, I have a user running Office 365 Pro Plus version 16.0.11425.20244. Her Outlook gets the message below. I set her up with a new Outlook profile. In 3-4 days the same happens again. Below is a list of steps were have tried that were not successful. 1. I deleted and...
  10. invalid data base

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    invalid data base: Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the message which appears each time I log in ( invalid data base) I delete it each time but it still comes back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/invalid-data-base/3eeccc5c-9a7b-4964-a674-9781def3c4c9