Windows 10: Trying to play any older game from the origin launcher.

Discus and support Trying to play any older game from the origin launcher. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I guess its best to start with the fact i have a triple monitor set up all running off a nvidia 970 video card. 2 24 inch monites left/right and a 32... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by deniamdan1213, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Trying to play any older game from the origin launcher.

I guess its best to start with the fact i have a triple monitor set up all running off a nvidia 970 video card. 2 24 inch monites left/right and a 32 in monitor in the center. When ever i try to play battlefield 1942, the older sim city, red alert 2/yuri's revenge etc since upgrading to windows 10. the game seems like its playing in fullscreen. But as soon as i go to the left or right edge of the screen my curser comes out of game, and i select what ever the mouse is over dropping me from game. i just played starwars battle front beta for the last 3 hours so i know its not an issue with game launched from origin, and probably related to win10 and older games. anyone have a fix for this?

:)

deniamdan1213, Oct 9, 2015
  2. ChrisS3 Win User

bad image error message

unfortunately it did not solve the problem i am having actually i am able to play the games but whenever i start up the games then the error pops up a couple of times but one game i cannot download is Fortnite from Epic Games Launcher and i also cant download
    games from Origin.

ChrisS3, Oct 9, 2015
  3. Trying to play an older game

Also I have tried running it in every compatability mode, and this message continues to pop up.

christopherhorne, Oct 9, 2015
  4. Laith Win User

Trying to play any older game from the origin launcher.

Hmm, i have that problem aswell in several games. You can try to run it in compatibility mode and see if that works. If you don't know how to put something into compatibility mode here is a little tutorial:

Right-click a program or a game and then go to the Compatibility section, after that tick the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and then i would begin putting into 7, if that didn't work Vista etc.

Laith, Oct 9, 2015
Thema:

Trying to play any older game from the origin launcher.

1. Trying to play any older game from the origin launcher. - Similar Threads - Trying play older

2. for some reason everytime i try to play any time of game from epic games or from steam they...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    for some reason everytime i try to play any time of game from epic games or from steam they...: please help on this since i dont know what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/for-some-reason-everytime-i-try-to-play-any-time/a7640a9d-250c-424c-b0b7-5dd954a56529
  3. for some reason everytime i try to play any time of game from epic games or from steam they...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    for some reason everytime i try to play any time of game from epic games or from steam they...: please help on this since i dont know what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/for-some-reason-everytime-i-try-to-play-any-time/a7640a9d-250c-424c-b0b7-5dd954a56529
  4. for some reason everytime i try to play any time of game from epic games or from steam they...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. DirectX12 Issues when playing older games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX12 Issues when playing older games.: Hello I'm stumped! I recently bought a brand new computer, I had someone install the components. I have windows 11 with DirectX12My System Specs for System Information + DxDiag Notes + DirectX Debug Levels are as follow------------------System Information------------------...
  6. DirectX12 Issues when playing older games.

DirectX12 Issues when playing older games.: Hello I'm stumped! I recently bought a brand new computer, I had someone install the components. I have windows 11 with DirectX12My System Specs for System Information + DxDiag Notes + DirectX Debug Levels are as follow------------------System Information------------------...
  7. Older Version of Epic Games Launcher cannot be removed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older Version of Epic Games Launcher cannot be removed: Recently I had to get a new hard drive for my computer. The issue is that I cannot install the Epic Games Launcher now because it is looking for an older version of the Epic Games Launcher screen shot below. Epic games no longer exists because it was on my hold hard drive...
  8. Older Version of Epic Games Launcher cannot be removed

Older Version of Epic Games Launcher cannot be removed: Recently I had to get a new hard drive for my computer. The issue is that I cannot install the Epic Games Launcher now because it is looking for an older version of the Epic Games Launcher screen shot below. Epic games no longer exists because it was on my hold hard drive...
  9. mouse disappears when trying to play any game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse disappears when trying to play any game: lve recently updated to Win10, so far my experience has been pretty good up till today. several games one issue.. windowed or otherwise all games lack one important feature.. my mouse disappears, yes its there somewhere but the problem is guessing where it is because it goes...
  10. BOSD when trying to play any games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BOSD when trying to play any games: I am at my wits end here. For the last 2-3 months Ive been getting BSODs whenever I try and play ANY games (PUBG, CS:GO, Fortnite... anything). Ive tried everything I could find or think of. All drivers were updated, BiOS was updated to latest version. Today I decided to do a...