Windows 10: Trying to project Surface 3 on LG TV

Discus and support Trying to project Surface 3 on LG TV in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This seems to be an old issue, but I just got an LG OLED55C7P TV and I am trying to screen share my Surface Pro 3 to it. I read all of the usual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Horsepower, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Trying to project Surface 3 on LG TV

This seems to be an old issue, but I just got an LG OLED55C7P TV and I am trying to screen share my Surface Pro 3 to it. I read all of the usual threads and removed and restarted to replace drivers, tried to update drivers. None of this seemed to work. The TV knows a Surface is trying to connect and the Surface sees the TV but all I get is "cannot connect" Any guidance appreciated. Thank you.

:)

Horsepower, Sep 1, 2017

2. Win 10 on Surface Pro will not share screen with LG Smart TB

When I try to connect to my Surface Pro 3 to our LG smart TV the TV detects the attempt (message "Surface is trying to connect"), but the connection fails with a message (Unable to connect to Screen Share, try again) on the Surface it says (connection failed).

I tested the same TV with another Win 10 computer and everything worked fine. This indicates that something is wrong with the drivers on the Surface Pro. What can I try to fix it?

TV is LG webOS OLED55C7P

Thanks,

David

David Witteried, Sep 1, 2017
  3. Microsoft wireless display adapter on windows 10

Hello,

This is a really old thread. You might be better off starting a new thread and describing your issue with more details.

I have been using this feature for quite some time. My details are below

I have a Windows Surface 3 Pro, Windows Nokia Lumina 950XL, and a LG 4K UHD Smart LED TV - 55" Class (54.6" Diag) with webos 1.4.0-2328

Requirements:

• Miracast supported device
      • Windows Surface Pro 3 and Windows Nokia Lumina 950XL are both able to project using miracast
    • Supported TV
      • LG TV does support miracast using Screen Share App
    • Wireless Enabled
      • Wireless is enabled on my phone and tablet (Doesn't need to be connected to wireless router or access point, but does need to be enabled)
    Procedure:

• Open LG TV menu and open Application Screen Share
    • Under Connection options I have selected Fast. (This is not required, but useful if you have performance issues)
    • On Windows device I choose the Windows Continuum feature
    • Choose wireless adapter and click connect
    • Under Connect options I see multiple devices and I select the one with the same name as displayed on my TV
    • Device connects and screen is shared
    Thank you

Walter Beach, Sep 1, 2017
  4. dencal Win User

Trying to project Surface 3 on LG TV

What you need is something like this...works with my SP4 Pro....it connects HDMI and USB in the back of the television.....the HDMI connection number determines what channel you need to tune the input selection to.

dencal, Sep 1, 2017
  5. Thank you. I already have that adapter, but I was trying to do it wirelessly and I think it has something to do with the failure of miracast.

Horsepower, Sep 2, 2017
  6. dencal Win User
    You need to go to the store to install the following....

dencal, Sep 2, 2017
  7. We may be moving closer. After installing the above, It now connects (sometimes) and says "duplicate" but nothing from the Surface shows on the TV screen.

Horsepower, Sep 2, 2017
  8. dencal Win User

Read post #2.....ie the port number that the HDMI is plugged into determines which input channel you need to tune into on your TV.
    On your TV Commander you should have an AV Input....pressing on it reveals all available....you need to tune as per fitted HDMI.

dencal, Sep 2, 2017
  9. Horsepower, Sep 2, 2017
  10. Update: Contacted LG support and they are braindead. I assume perhaps something in defender or firewall is blocking the connection because my surface sees the TV

Trying to project Surface 3 on LG TV [​IMG]

Horsepower, Sep 7, 2017
  11. dencal Win User
    First you say you have an adapter, now you say you don't....difficult to help you without knowing the facts
    To do a Miracast you need the adapter as stated in post #2.
    Your post #8 is asking "Where is my device"?.....ie:- Wireless display adapter.

dencal, Sep 8, 2017
  12. No additional adapter should be needed, the TV has built in screen share which I believe it does wirelessly.
    I am of the opinion that Windows firewall may be blocking this.
    Sorry for that confusion, but in post#8 I am trying to connect to what is shown "LG WebOSOLED55C7P"
    I have talked to LG rep at Best Buy and contacted LG support who give these instructions:
    1. Press the HOME button on the remote control and open the Screen Share application at the bottom of the screen.
    2. Once the application loads, the SCREEN SHARE screen will be displayed.
    3. Open the WiDi application from your desktop or Start menu and click Connect on your model.
    4. After a moment, the TV will prompt you with a PIN code. You’ll need to enter this in the app exactly.
    5. After the PIN has been entered, click CONNECT. In a few minutes, your PC display should be extended to/or mirrored on the TV.

Horsepower, Sep 8, 2017
  13. Trying to project Surface 3 on LG TV

OK I found a forum for LG (the manufacturer was clueless) that said both devices needed to be on the same band. I put them both on 2.4ghz and it worked like a champ!

Horsepower, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Trying to project Surface 3 on LG TV - Similar Threads - Trying project Surface

2. Has any tried Mirroring Windows Laptop to LG TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has any tried Mirroring Windows Laptop to LG TV: My tv is not able to connect and I have followed these steps in this link, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt seems this is windows issue.Any help troubleshoot will be really helpful....
  3. Has any tried Mirroring Windows Laptop to LG TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has any tried Mirroring Windows Laptop to LG TV: My tv is not able to connect and I have followed these steps in this link, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt seems this is windows issue.Any help troubleshoot will be really helpful....
  4. Connecting laptop to LG smart TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting laptop to LG smart TV: I used to connect my laptop Lenovo yoga Windows to my LG tv WebOS TV UQ9000PUD using display settings then connect to a wireless display without any problems and used to extend my laptop display to TV. Now, it's not letting me do it at all, and I reset the TV to factory...
  5. project pc to tv

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    project pc to tv: i can't project my pc screen to TV since last windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/project-pc-to-tv/fd642fe9-4953-41f4-afd9-4070d5107cf2
  6. LG TV?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LG TV?: Can my hp laptop screenshare a Zoom conference with my LG TV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lg-tv/7da4dd9c-2498-4d96-9b8d-255bc2993a7c
  7. TV Audio Projecting Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TV Audio Projecting Issues: My computer is nearly a month old, and I have had no issue projecting sound to a TV. It has worked perfectly with my HDMI cord. However lately when we've been trying to watch stuff online, when my screen is connected to the TV, the TV shows my computer screen, but no audio is...
  8. Surface 3 as virtual display, stuck at "MainPCname is about to project"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface 3 as virtual display, stuck at "MainPCname is about to project": Hello, I really searched everywhere an tried a lot of things, but I didn't manage to solve this problem.. I have a Microsoft Surface pro 3, and I would like to use it as wireless display for my Main Pc. Surface and PC are on the same netowkr. Surface is even connected with...
  9. Projecting Windows 10 to LG Smart TV not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Projecting Windows 10 to LG Smart TV not working: I am trying to project my Windows 10 (on a Lenovo ideapad 305) to a LG Smart Tv. I have read all the advice on various sites and used the Screen Share app on the TV and gone onto the Project options on the action centre. I have checked all the settings on Advanced Sharing...
  10. Trouble Projecting onto TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble Projecting onto TV: When I try to project my screen onto my tv, it cuts off the borders by about the size of the task bar (vertical wise). All I'm using is an HDMI cable that came with the tv and I don't really have the money to get anything else like chromcast or items of the like to help with...