Windows 10: Trying to remove old uninstalled entries in "all apps"

Discus and support Trying to remove old uninstalled entries in "all apps" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've recently installed windows 10 and I'm trying to clean up the start menu. The issue I'm running into is that the "all apps" has lots of entries... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by delijoe, Jul 30, 2015.

1. delijoe Win User

Trying to remove old uninstalled entries in "all apps"

I've recently installed windows 10 and I'm trying to clean up the start menu.

The issue I'm running into is that the "all apps" has lots of entries of programs that have been long since uninstalled. I've deleted items in the old start menu folders and got rid of some things, but there are many that won't go away. Right clicking just brings up "pin to start menu" and I've even tried revo uninstaller to get rid of every trace of the programs in question but to no avail the entries are still there.

Is there a folder or registry keys or something that controls what goes into the "all apps" and is there an easy way to get rid of entries there?

:)

delijoe, Jul 30, 2015
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Jul 30, 2015
  3. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

As I said in my first post you can either try to update it's software to see if it cures it.

If it doesn't then your phone is faulty and you will need to get it repaired.

psychomania---01, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 30, 2015
  5. delijoe Win User
    Problem is I deleted what I wanted from all 3 locations and there is still unwanted stuff in the menu. It must be getting it from some other source... another folder or somewhere in the registry.

delijoe, Jul 31, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Windows apps (modern) will still be there unless you uninstall the app. Is that what's left?

Brink, Jul 31, 2015
  7. delijoe Win User
    Nope it's not that.

They are old programs and games that I've long since uninstalled while I was running windows 8.1.

Trying to remove old uninstalled entries in "all apps" [​IMG]

For example on this example, Fraps, Dungeon Seige III, and "Daum" folder, and "games" folder are phantom... when I click to launch these non-existent programs it just does nothing

delijoe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Trying to remove old uninstalled entries in "all apps" - Similar Threads - Trying remove old

2. uninstalling and removing apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    uninstalling and removing apps: I recently installed an app to my desk top computer and I want to remove it. I went to "settings" and removed it supposedly but it is still in my computer. It does not show up on the list of apps in my computer but it does show up every time I turn my computer on and it asks...
  3. uninstalling and removing apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    uninstalling and removing apps: I recently installed an app to my desk top computer and I want to remove it. I went to "settings" and removed it supposedly but it is still in my computer. It does not show up on the list of apps in my computer but it does show up every time I turn my computer on and it asks...
  4. uninstalling and removing apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Removing all app data without uninstalling the app.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing all app data without uninstalling the app.: Hey guys, I have an app , but i made some changes by accident in the app's settings, and i want to remove that data. And, it doesn't have app settings, since i installed it from an installer i downloaded. When i reinstalled the app, the data was still on it. How to remove the...
  6. Removing all app data without uninstalling the app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing all app data without uninstalling the app.: Hey guys, I have an app , but i made some changes by accident in the app's settings, and i want to remove that data. And, it doesn't have app settings, since i installed it from an installer i downloaded. When i reinstalled the app, the data was still on it. How to remove the...
  7. Removing all app data without uninstalling the app.

8. Removing an entry from appwiz that's not in the Uninstall key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Removing an entry from appwiz that's not in the Uninstall key: I have a program in the appwiz.cpl that doesn't exist under the CurrentVerstion\Uninstall of either the HKLM or the HKCU. Any ideas where else I can look to remove this? submitted by /u/Maladal [link] [comments]...
  9. Issue with removing old RDP entry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue with removing old RDP entry: This is on Windows 10. We have a client who wants to pin the RDP to task bar. After they pin to the task bar, they click it and it shows the old RDP connect. I have remove the connection from the pin list but still shows when left clicking. I have found the registry entry and...
  10. Remove icons from uninstalled apps on "All apps"

Remove icons from uninstalled apps on "All apps": Hi Is anyway to edit "all Apps", especially to remove some icons from? I have uninstalled Edge, but the icon is still in Start menu of “all apps”. Tom 18395