Windows 10: Trying to reset this PC on my desktop

Discus and support Trying to reset this PC on my desktop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Few minutes ago I tried to click " Get started " for Reset This PC. If your PC isn't running well, resetting it might help. This lets you choose to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by imcanadian, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Trying to reset this PC on my desktop

Few minutes ago I tried to click " Get started " for Reset This PC. If your PC isn't running well, resetting it might help. This lets you choose to keep your files or remove them, and then reinstalls Windows. I find my desktop boot up very slow recently and have to wait at least 4 to 5 minutes before any application or email open up on desktop. I am not sure why it takes so long to boot up applications and no problem to boot up Windows 10. Anyway got the other message after clicked ' Get started " and here is " Could not find the recovery environment. Inset your Windows installation or recovery media and restart your PC with media. So I clicked " Close " By the way my version is Windows 10 Home 1607 OS Build 14393.51. So am I suppose to download Microsoft Windows 10 Home Premium 64X from the site of Microsoft and insert them to repair the desktop or not?

Let me know about this.

John

:)

imcanadian, Aug 17, 2016

2. RESET THIS PC - I cant reset this pc on windows 10

Of course they will just like when you "reset"

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Aug 17, 2016
  3. RESET THIS PC - I cant reset this pc on windows 10

Download the ISO>boot from it>do a custom install (format)

Download Windows 10

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Aug 17, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Trying to reset this PC on my desktop

Please read this tutorial and follow it. It should answer your questions, assuming that's the approach you've decided on.

Alternatively you could try diagnosing your PC, unless you feel it's in an irretrievable state, and you haven't been keeping disk images up to date so you have those to revert to.

Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Aug 18, 2016
Thema:

Trying to reset this PC on my desktop

1. Trying to reset this PC on my desktop - Similar Threads - Trying reset desktop

2. Stuck on trying to reset my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on trying to reset my PC: Im trying to reset my pc but halfway through I always get the "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made" Blue screen. Im unable to access the desktop and im stuck in advanced startup menu.I always could reset without a problem. This time when i tried it...
  3. Stuck on trying to reset my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on trying to reset my PC: Im trying to reset my pc but halfway through I always get the "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made" Blue screen. Im unable to access the desktop and im stuck in advanced startup menu.I always could reset without a problem. This time when i tried it...
  4. Stuck on trying to reset my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. trying to reset pc

trying to reset pc: About a month ago I had to download some software for school but didn't have enough room to download it on my C: drive. After a lot of frustration I found a video for rerouting files through the registry editor and I did what the video said. Now my basic processes like task...
  6. trying to reset pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trying to reset pc: About a month ago I had to download some software for school but didn't have enough room to download it on my C: drive. After a lot of frustration I found a video for rerouting files through the registry editor and I did what the video said. Now my basic processes like task...
  7. trying to reset pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. I’m trying to reset my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I’m trying to reset my pc: Every time I attempt to reset my pc I get the error messages “No changes were made” and pretty much can’t reset it, I’ve tried lots of things and searched it up on YouTube and nothing has helped.. submitted by /u/Anonymous3k [link] [comments]...
  9. Tried everything to reset my pc.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tried everything to reset my pc.: So i have tried just about everything to reset my pc my computer has so many dumb files on it that i just wanted to wipe it clean. i tried doing the “Reset this PC” option but it told me that their was a problem reseting this pc no changes were made then i tried a clean...
  10. Trying to reset My PC

Trying to reset My PC: I built my PC a while ago and have Windows 10 as my OS. Over the years, I have collected a lot of files I no longer use. Instead of deleting practically everything off of it, I wanna do a factory reset so I can just reinstall the few things I use. However, when I try to use...