Windows 10: Trying to restore from an external image.

Discus and support Trying to restore from an external image. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; so i just got a new bigger nvme for my razer 15 inch and i made an image of the old drive, but when i use my windows install media on a usb to restore,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Spartananator, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Trying to restore from an external image.

so i just got a new bigger nvme for my razer 15 inch and i made an image of the old drive, but when i use my windows install media on a usb to restore, it says i have to make a windows indtalation disc or system repair disk and then boot from it, but i already have.

This has eaten up most of my day, so if anyone knows any solutions please let me know.

:)

Spartananator, Aug 24, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    • Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    • Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    • click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Trying to restore from an external image. [​IMG]
    • Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    • Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Aug 24, 2018
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Aug 24, 2018
  4. Trying to restore from an external image.

System Image Problem

Version Date 5.05 8/03/2009 5.08 7/21/2009 Which one is newer?
    Only 5.05 was offered on HP for the machine I linked.
    The description danced around some of the anomalies we're seen with drives.

Since only 5.05 was offered, I questioned 5.08
    Guess we know the answer now - 5.05 failed to flash.
    We could spend time trying to figure that out, but IMO it's better on the back burner for now

I think the next step is to try the Macrium sleight of hand to get the System Image restored.
    I'd like to get the System Image up and running to do the follwoing

• Copy Nick's data to a folder off of the restored System Image C: drive

• run a Belarc Advisor audit to collect license keys for Nick's software

• there might be other data collection that Nick can do in preparation for the final step

The final step is a clean install, install up-to-date MS and 3rd party software, and restore the copied personal data.

Nick was having difficulty locating the outlook files in the System Image - so getting it back running live is the best I can think of.

Thoughts, suggestions, and objections are always welcome and considered

Slartybart, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

Trying to restore from an external image.

1. Trying to restore from an external image. - Similar Threads - Trying restore external

2. Is it possible to restore a system image to an external drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to restore a system image to an external drive?: I have an SSD drive that has Win 10 that got so corrupted I am not able to boot into Recovery mode. Even a system repair disk does not work. It always goes into Automatic Repair and stays there forever. I've removed the SSD from the latop it was in and the drive passes all...
  3. Is it possible to restore a system image to an external drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to restore a system image to an external drive?: I have an SSD drive that has Win 10 that got so corrupted I am not able to boot into Recovery mode. Even a system repair disk does not work. It always goes into Automatic Repair and stays there forever. I've removed the SSD from the latop it was in and the drive passes all...
  4. Is it possible to restore a system image to an external drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System Restore from Image

System Restore from Image: After a recent MS update, my system crashed completely, so I did a clean install and am trying to restore from an image. Windows finds the image and goes through a -very- long process after which it says the restore was successful, but when it reboots, it is back to the...
  6. Restore Point or Restore from Image?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore Point or Restore from Image?: Hello r/windows10 , hope you're all well. I had some issues that were finally resolved with a USB Recovery Drive. I have my computer all set up back to the way I had it before I had those issues. All is good now. What I would like to do is prevent myself from having to start...
  7. Restore System Image From External Hard Drive

Restore System Image From External Hard Drive: Ok, so here's the situation... I'll start out with the fact that I'm somewhat tech savvy. I'm 36, and have been working on computers since I was 6. I taught myself BASIC at 10. I'm no expert, but I'm not your average user. I normally search for my solutions on the internet,...
  8. Restore windows 7 image from external USB-HDD

Restore windows 7 image from external USB-HDD: Hello, I try to restore a windows 7 image from an external HDD. The image was made just before migrating to W10. However, because the update deinstalled all programms I have to go back to W7 temporary to recover my Key for Office. allthough MS probably want me to buy a...
  9. Restoring from system image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring from system image: Hi there, My hard disk(1Tb capacity) recently died and nothing was recoverable. It was replaced by a SSD (500 Gb) capacity. There was about 800Gb available on the old drive so space wasn't a problem. The old drive had a C: and D: partition. I supplied the technicians with...
  10. Trying to restore and recover from external drive

Trying to restore and recover from external drive: Hi All, Hope you can help. Have followed a number of possibilities hoping to solve my problem. The most accurate yet goes back to December 5, 2017 and the information given by DaveM121. I am having the same problem as Amyoberlies - unfortunately when I am in safe mode, I...