Windows 10: Trying to scale one monitor, but it's scaling all of them, help!

Discus and support Trying to scale one monitor, but it's scaling all of them, help! in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; So I just got a 4k monitor to add to my two 1080p monitors. I set everything up and it was all fine and good for an hour or so. Basically what's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Auram, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Auram Win User

Trying to scale one monitor, but it's scaling all of them, help!

So I just got a 4k monitor to add to my two 1080p monitors. I set everything up and it was all fine and good for an hour or so. Basically what's happening is the scale option is locked to the primary display. If I increase the scale of one, the rest follow suit. I've been trying to fix this for hours and need to get this in order so I can work, so please help!

If it helps, I have an Nvidia GTX 970 and the monitors are two HP 2511's (1DVi/1 HDMI) and a Samsung U28E590D 4k monitor, running through a DisplayPort.

The goal here is to have the 4k at 150% scale and the other two at 100%.

Thanks!

:)

Auram, Jul 14, 2016

2. Mixed resolution scaling results in blurry applications?

The problem isn't with the monitor that's scaled, but rather with the ones that "aren't". The 150% scaling actually looks pretty good - I don't have any complaints. Legacy apps are a bit blurry, but I was expecting that. What I wasn't expecting was
    the severe blurriness of all "scaling-aware" apps on monitors that, by all rights, shouldn't be doing any scaling.

So:

UHD Monitor - 150% Scaling - Everything good.

HD Monitor - 100% Scaling - Everything blurry.

I don't understand why that is. Again, I would expect *no* scaling artifacts on a monitor that effectively has scaling turned off.

Belisarius2501, Jul 14, 2016
  3. Programs no longer respect default monitor scaling

Hi, I'm running Win10 with all the updates.

Just today I noticed this new error - it used to work before.

I have two monitors with different scaling: 100% and 125%. I need to run some programs on either one of them. For that I change the default monitor and run a program - which opens on it respecting its scaling.

Starting of today this no longer works. I change the default monitor and the program runs on it BUT its scaling is from the monitor that was default when my windows account signed in.

I can't help but suspect it was broken in the last Windows Update.

What are my options?

Anton Duzenko, Jul 14, 2016
  4. Kbird Win User

I had the same issue but with a different 4K setup , but ended up returning it for a Benq 3200pt instead which has no issue doing what you suggested with my 970 .

Only thing I can think of it that the monitor maybe in AV (TV) instead of PC mode

Kbird, Jul 17, 2016
  5. derek10 Win User
    I think it's related to the running app

I used to do the same thing for my (previous) dual monitor setup with extended desktop, with one 1080p (125%) and another to 1366x768 (100%) and in some apps, the window appeared too big on the 1366x768 because was scaled to 125.

derek10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Trying to scale one monitor, but it's scaling all of them, help! - Similar Threads - Trying scale monitor

2. Different Scaling on two monitors.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different Scaling on two monitors.: Hello, On my new Win11 laptop I am unable to set different scaling on my laptops auxiliary monitor. My laptop is 2560x1600 on a 16" monitor and my aux is 35" on 1980x1080.On 100% scaling, the laptop's test is minuscule almost unreadable, so i set it to 125%.Now, my 35" also...
  3. External Monitor scaling incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Monitor scaling incorrect: I have a laptop connected to a docking station with two external monitors. I'm running Windows 10 v21H2 OS Build 19044, 1503.I have the scaling set up as "recommended":Laptop: 125%Ext. Monitor 1: 100%Ext. Monitor 2: 100%On Monday everything was displaying fine. I was jumping...
  4. Windows scale and taskbar scale, please help me!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows scale and taskbar scale, please help me!: Hi, may I ask some questions?- How to change the Scale in the Display settings to what ever I want. The Default is 100%, I want to change it under 100%, can I do that???- How can I change the size of taskbar to what ever I want not using small button or drag the taskbar to...
  5. Dual-monitor scaling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual-monitor scaling: Hi, everyone. I have a laptop+external monitor setup. I use 125% scaling for laptop display and 100% for external monitor. The problem is when I unplug monitor from laptop and later connect it, scaling factor for external monitor resets to laptop display value. So, every...
  6. Scaling issue between monitors ?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Scaling issue between monitors ?: How can I fix scaling issues between monitors of two different resolutions ? I've tried for example going into a programs properties, specifically the compatibility tab and changing the DPI settings which only has two options, but that doesn't fix the problem I'm having....
  7. Scaling Issue With Extended Monitors

Scaling Issue With Extended Monitors: Recently got a new 4K monitor. It's running at 4k with 150% (Recommended) Scaling. I want THIS monitor to be my main monitor. It is centered to my setup and is the MAIN monitor I will be using, etc, etc. My old 1080p monitor has a recommended scaling of 100%. This is what I...
  8. Monitor Scaling and resolution

Monitor Scaling and resolution: I have a 2 monitor setup on windows 10. I have a 23.8 inch 1440p monitor, and a 31 inch 1080p television as my second monitor. In the windows display settings menu it assumes the 1080p tv is smaller than the 1440p monitor despite it being the opposite. Is there a way to input...
  9. Application windows are scaled down on a 100% scaled monitor

Application windows are scaled down on a 100% scaled monitor: Many applications windows are scaled down to about two thirds of original size on my system (a laptop with two external monitors) and also on one another (also a laptop, but with a single external monitor). For example, if I open a 1920x1080 PNG picture in Paint and maximize...
  10. Scaling with multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Scaling with multiple monitors: Hi there, I've got a 15 inch Dell laptop with 4K screen. Using the Dell docking station, I'm running 2 external monitors connected over DP ports (LG's 2560*1080 and Dell's 1920*1080) - both external screens run at their respective native resolutions in the extended desktop...