Windows 10: Trying to set Opera as web browser in default app

Discus and support Trying to set Opera as web browser in default app in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; For the last two hours I have been trying to set Opera as web browser in default app under Default Apps in Settings. The only web browser is working... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by imcanadian, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Trying to set Opera as web browser in default app

For the last two hours I have been trying to set Opera as web browser in default app under Default Apps in Settings. The only web browser is working with Microsoft Edge not other web browser. I am not sure how can I make Opera as default and rather use this not Microsoft Edge. Any idea how to get this browser work as default?

Thank you,

John

:)

imcanadian, Jul 28, 2016

2. C7 wont let me have opera as my default browser...

I have noticed that even when I set my default browser to Opera, it seems to occasionally get set back to WEB but I cannot work out what triggers this. Also noticed that the calling of a web browser varies between applications. Some use the OS Default Browser
    (i.e. Opera now) but most of the Nokia apps just call WEB regardless of whether it is set as the default browser or not. I am guessing that Nokia apps will always call the Nokia browser.

smjohns---01, Jul 28, 2016
  3. Nokia 5800 - Set opera mini as default web browser?

It's incredibly frustrating not to be able to set Opera mini as the default browser. The inbuilt was is incredibly slow and not a patch on Opera. Nokia can you please looking into providing a fix for this? There's a lot of us out here that want it.

mollymalone---01, Jul 28, 2016
  4. Trying to set Opera as web browser in default app

I fixed it by this method: Start -> Settings -> System -> Default Apps -> Set Defaults by App, click on Opera, then click "Set this program as default".

After that Windows 10 remembered my setting and used Opera as the default browser.

That's the trick to fix.

John

imcanadian, Jul 28, 2016
Thema:

Trying to set Opera as web browser in default app

1. Trying to set Opera as web browser in default app - Similar Threads - Trying set Opera

2. Settings App crashes when trying to change web browser default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings App crashes when trying to change web browser default: Hello, I've found an issue where the settings app crashes when attempting to change the default browser from Internet Explorer to Chrome. This has happened on multiple computers. It happens when attempting the change both on the regular default programs page and on the set...
  3. Cannot set default web browser

Cannot set default web browser: How can I set Google Chrome as my default web browser. The last win update erased it as my default, and it no longer appears in the options window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-set-default-web-browser/2736ac7a-5d26-49b1-be8f-b4ba10310509
  4. how set Firefox as default web browser

how set Firefox as default web browser: Although I have it loaded, it doesn't show up as an option in the default app or in the "choose default app" section. Plus, I even have trouble loading it. I realize they'd rather I not use it, but I'd sure like the choice....
  5. Default Web Browser

Default Web Browser: I do not see the option for Web Browser in my Default app section. I am trying to make Microsoft Edge to my default but i can not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-web-browser/8d05308e-7bb2-47b8-b71e-3c1553ad1466
  6. Setting Default App for Web Browser

Setting Default App for Web Browser: I'd appreciate any help with this. So, I just got a new computer today. When logging in and starting Edge it prompts to set it as default browser for the system. Prompts to go to settings to do this. That's all easy enough- except there's not a default browser option. Only...
  7. Default web browser

Default web browser: I have recently installed the new Microsoft Edge on my Surface tablet. Now every time I browse the internet I get a message asking if I want to make Edge my default browser, and directing me to 'Settings' to set it. However, I do not have a 'Web browser' listed in my default...
  8. Why is default app window crashing when trying to set a web browser?

Why is default app window crashing when trying to set a web browser?: Hello, I work for our local IT and I received a problem where a user was unable to access links through outlook. The fix is to make sure that the user had a default web browser set. The Item listed under the default web browser was launch windows app.[ATTACH] Here is the...
  9. Default Apps will not allow me to select Opera Browser.

in Browsers and Email
    Default Apps will not allow me to select Opera Browser.: Hi, Yesterday I downloaded the new Opera 36 Browser. I like the look of it and would like to trial it for a while. However when I attempted to set it as default in Settings/Default Apps it will not accept the Opera Icon. I visited select defaults for Apps and ticked access...
  10. Opera web browser is Reborn

in Windows 10 News
    Opera web browser is Reborn: Over the last year, we have introduced a series of new features such as free VPN and native ad blocking. Earlier this year we also presented Opera Neon, a concept browser that gave you a glimpse into the future of desktop browsers. Now, the best parts of Neon are being...