Windows 10: Trying to set up new tablet

Discus and support Trying to set up new tablet in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; RCA Cambio W101 V2 2-in1 (detachable keyboard). Spent days trying to figure things out, found stuff by accident. Touch screen, I'm also using a touch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ImLost, Dec 1, 2016.

1. ImLost Win User

Trying to set up new tablet

RCA Cambio W101 V2 2-in1 (detachable keyboard). Spent days trying to figure things out, found stuff by accident. Touch screen, I'm also using a touch "pen".

Can't figure out how to "drag" things
    Can't move window by putting cursor at top edge
    Can't size windows to fill screen. Can maximize them separately, but can't get it so all of them always come up full size. Got the cross with the 4 arrows and found out how to size it by only using arrow keys, but later ones won't come up full size.
    Accidentally got my Google desktop shortcut, but can't figure out how to get it on the taskbar.

I'm not computer-smart, really confusing. RCA User Manual and youtube reviews not any help, mostly just showing where things are, etc. Have laptop with W8.1, tried to put W10 on so both are same, but it wouldn't 'take' (is the time up to change?). W10 seems like simple things are harder to figure out how to do than they were in W8.

:)

ImLost, Dec 1, 2016
  2. Arun B J Win User

Trying to set up my new computer I just got and It's asking me to verify this device, but for some reason it just will not send me the code.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Did you check with the code resend option?

• Did you check the spam and trash folders in your Email account?
    Sometime it takes time to get verification code to the registered Email Address. You can see verification Email landing in spam and trash folder, I suggest you to check your junk, spam and trash folder and check if it helps.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Dec 1, 2016
  3. I have been trying to set up cortana on a new computer with Windows 10, and I get to the point where I have to enter the old password, but I don't remember it.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

To enable Cortana you need to login with your Microsoft Account, since Cortana requires your Microsoft credentials to provide you best assistance. Therefore, it will ask you to type in your old password, which is, your current local account password.

However, I would suggest you to click on the link below and refer the suggestions by Vinod Archak on August 6, 2015.

Why does Cortana ask me to “Enter your old password one last time”?

Why does Cortana ask me to “Enter your old password one last time”?

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 1, 2016
  4. Trying to set up new tablet

ImLost,

Welcome to the Forum!

I also have an RCA Cambio 10.1" 2-in-1 Tablet with Windows 10

1. You can drag an drop by tapping and holding on an item to select it, dragging to a new position and then releasing it.
    2. Push on the top edge of a window, keep holding, and move elsewhere.
    3. There are different methods for the different kinds of windows: Browser (I.E.) windows,
    Windows Explorer windows, MS Office windows, Dialog Boxes, etc. You need to tell us specifically what kind of windows you are referring to.
    4. Right-click Google Desktop shortcut, and select: Pin to TaskBar

cottonball, Dec 2, 2016
  5. ImLost Win User
    Hi, thanks for the welcome (not first time here, but been a long time). Also, what is difference with "+Reply to Thread" vs "Quick Reply"?

Glad to see someone else that has same tablet. Being an "RCA" (oddball for a computer?), was worried nobody would know a thing about using it (but seemed good for the price when I bought it, so......)
    Maybe this thing is defective, just doesn't do things the way you say.....

1. Drag/Drop - for example, my google dsktp shrtct - Can move it to another spot upon desktop (Sometimes...a box comes up asking if I want to "move here"....sometimes it does not)......but it wont go on to taskbar.
    2. Push top edge of window - I do that, keep holding down, move finger or pen or cursor (using touchpad).....it wont move.
    3. Using IE.....any windows I bring up wont come up full size even after going to trouble of moving all the sides with the arrow keys on one of them (after I get the cross).......when I move cursor to one of edges, the double arrow wont change the window size.
    4. A "right click" on a desktop shortcut - the menu that comes up does not show "Pin to Taskbar" - I clicked on "send to" also to check that, it still does not have "Pin to Taskbar"

What a mess......am I "missing" something?

ImLost, Dec 2, 2016
  6. Are you currently running Windows 8.1 or Windows 10?

What version of the operating system are you running? Windows designed for home users, or Windows Pro?

Do you have a USB mouse that you can use with the tablet?

If you did not complete the upgrade and activated the installation of Window 10, the free upgrade offer for the general public ended on July 29, 2016. If you qualify for the use of assistive technologies you get an extension of the free upgrade offer. However, assistive technology products are intended for people with significant vision, hearing, dexterity, language or learning needs.

cottonball, Dec 3, 2016
  7. ImLost Win User
    The tablet came with W10 home installed (I did mention in first post how I tried to put w10 onto my laptop so laptop would be same as tablet). I use a usb mouse with my W8.1 laptop, but want to use touchscreen/pad/pen with tablet for it being easier/more "compact" to do things, not needing a surface to use mouse upon, etc.

I think....... I recall I did put W10 on the laptop way back, but comp fouled up, had to reset it back to the way it came with 8.1, never got around to putting W10 back on again, so now stuck using 2 different OS. The time was up in July, guess that's why it wouldn't "take"?

ImLost, Dec 3, 2016
  8. Trying to set up new tablet

ImLost,

When you say you have a 'pen', are you talking about a stylus, or something else? (See image at bottom of page)

Tablet:
    As far as the RCA Cambio goes, you may want to consider doing a Recovery. You can either keep your files or remove them, and then reinstall Windows.

To do so, tap the Windows icon in the bottom left-hand corner of your screen and go to Settings > Update & security > Recovery

Tap Get started and then select an option to:
    -Keep my files
    Removes apps and settings, but keeps your personal files.
    -Remove everything
    Removes all of your personal files, apps, and settings.

Whatever apps you have installed will not remain.

Laptop:
    If Windows 10 was installed on the laptop, then, that changes the story. If you upgraded the laptop to Windows 10 taking advantage of the free upgrade offer on or before 29 July 2016, the laptop will activate online automatically as long as you install the same edition of Windows. A 'license' was stored digitally on Microsoft activation servers and you do not need a product key when installing Windows 10 again.

However, if you had problems with it after the install, you need to make sure you meet the requirements for installing Windows 10:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...specifications

cottonball, Dec 3, 2016
  9. ImLost Win User
    Holy moly, RCA recovery? Damn, just bought it. I have had such problems and bad luck with computers. Got fed up with laptop, bought another one, an HP, direct from HP (current one is Acer). Many hours on phone with HP support, shipped back to HP twice. Told them I want refund, if not, I'd be smashing it with a hammer, and letting others know of incredible problems I had with HP (I was at first one week over their 30-day refund policy). They gave me option of HP store credit for full amount it cost me, or a 75% refund, I took the refund. Think Acer issues maybe due to it having been dropped on floor.

I guess the "pen" is a "stylus", looks like the picture....I thought they're often just called a "pen", just use it same as finger, moving it on the screen....isn't that a normal thing for touchscreens?

Almost positive I recall doing the free upgrade to W10 on laptop, remember printing out and going by the HTG article on doing it. I met all the requirements. But, when I just tried again, wouldn't go all way thru, but I can't remember now exactly what it said was the reason.

ImLost, Dec 4, 2016
  10. If you just bought the RCA Cambio, you should be connecting with the RCA people, instead of coming here.
    We cannot cover your warranty service, etc.

RCA will provide you assistance.

cottonball, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Trying to set up new tablet

1. Trying to set up new tablet - Similar Threads - Trying set tablet

2. I'm trying to set up a new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to set up a new PC: When I started it, it said that I could back up my old PC and restore it on the new one. The first step is apparently to open "Windows Backup," but I can't find any "Windows Backup" on my old PC. What do I do now?...
  3. I'm trying to set up a new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm trying to set up a new PC: When I started it, it said that I could back up my old PC and restore it on the new one. The first step is apparently to open "Windows Backup," but I can't find any "Windows Backup" on my old PC. What do I do now?...
  4. I'm trying to set up a new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. trying to set up new laptop for my sister in law, won't let up in with a new microsoft...

in Windows 10 Customization
    trying to set up new laptop for my sister in law, won't let up in with a new microsoft...: not sure what the problem is https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-set-up-new-laptop-for-my-sister-in-law/1887d4cf-eb48-4f43-8d42-21ed8441589c
  6. trying to set up new laptop for my sister in law, won't let up in with a new microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trying to set up new laptop for my sister in law, won't let up in with a new microsoft...: not sure what the problem is https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-set-up-new-laptop-for-my-sister-in-law/1887d4cf-eb48-4f43-8d42-21ed8441589c
  7. trying to set up new laptop for my sister in law, won't let up in with a new microsoft...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Tablet set up with incorrect email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Tablet set up with incorrect email: Hi, My husband purchased small table smart tab for my daughter and proceeded to set it up. However, he created the login with an incorrect email that doesn't exist as he used her name @678yahoo.com, which is not a legitimate email provider. Now when he tries to log into the...
  9. tablet setting on PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    tablet setting on PC: I just downloaded windows 10, and some got myself on tablet mode. I can not find the way to get back to PC mode. what I am Missing ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tablet-setting-on-pc/0822eaff-b643-474d-aa34-b077038c4de5
  10. New tablet, new BSODs (-:

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New tablet, new BSODs (-:: How could it be different? Freshly installed Windows 10, and tablet has random BSODs during connected standby. Hope someone can help, thanks a lot already. 56278