Windows 10: trying to turn off windows defender

Discus and support trying to turn off windows defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am trying to completely turn off/disable windows defender. i have norton and malwarebytes pro installed on my computer so there is need for another... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by junked, Aug 3, 2015.

1. junked Win User

trying to turn off windows defender

I am trying to completely turn off/disable windows defender. i have norton and malwarebytes pro installed on my computer so there is need for another antivirus program to be running at all.

i managed to turn off the real time protection, but the service is still running in the background unnecessarily and i have an icon stuck on the taskbar that tells me that my computer is "at risk" *really

i've tried many different things to turn off the service. trying to just use the task manager to disable the service results in an error message "access is denied" even when running as admin. trying to stop it from starting on boot through services.msc doesn't work either. all of the options are grayed out and inaccessible.

i read that you can use group policy manager to disable it but it doesn't come with the version of windows 10 that i received apparently...

any help to disable the service completely would be very helpful, i know that its not entirely necessary to do this but its something i want to be able to do and can't understand why it seems so complicated.

:)

junked, Aug 3, 2015

2. Windows Defender not shutting off so my third party AV can work properly!

You might want to try using the reg file in Option 2 here:
    Windows Defender - Turn On or Off in Windows 10

to turn Windows Defender off...

Jsssssssss, Aug 3, 2015
  3. How to switch off Defender permantly

Try these to switch off Defender permantly. Usually Defender gets turned off when there is an additional security software active on the pc

Turn On or Off Windows Defender in Windows 10

Pxl_range_Team, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

1. trying to turn off windows defender - Similar Threads - trying turn off

2. Turn off Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off Windows Defender: I am trying to install a new AV software and Windows defender is blocking it. How do I turn off Windows defender in Windows 11 home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-windows-defender/75cc62c9-69c6-4b9b-8b43-a55a5cec3d1f
  3. Turn off Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off Windows Defender: I am trying to install a new AV software and Windows defender is blocking it. How do I turn off Windows defender in Windows 11 home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-windows-defender/75cc62c9-69c6-4b9b-8b43-a55a5cec3d1f
  4. windows defender turned off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender turned off: my windows defender got completly turned off by a virus and i need help turning it back on[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-turned-off/1ace7038-f611-4e3d-a190-a6a133ce76df
  5. Windows Defender turning off.

Windows Defender turning off.: I have Malwarebytes Premium and I use Windows Defender as a primary scanner, but whenever i update or restart, it turns itself off and i have to turn it back on. Is this normal or something?...
  6. turning off windows defender

turning off windows defender: [ATTACH]i need help because i'm not sure,if i turned off my windows defender will these threats comeback and be allowed? the other 3 at the top are removed or restored so please help....
  7. Windows Defender will not turn off

Windows Defender will not turn off: I see in forums everywhere that when third party anti-malware software is installed and run that Windows Defender turns itself off. But it doesn't with Malware Bytes. Why not? How can I permanently disable Defender while Malware Bytes is installed? Thanks in advance!...
  8. window defender turned off

window defender turned off: my window defender on win 10 pro is turned off and i am unable to turn on. system asks to turn on connect network administrator. and defender is turned off due to group policy etc....
  9. WINDOW DEFENDER IS TURN OFF

WINDOW DEFENDER IS TURN OFF: I NEED HELP FROM THE SECURITY ADMINISTRATOR TO HELP ME TURN ON MY WINDOW DEFENDER THROUGH GROUP POLICY THANKS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/window-defender-is-turn-off/35198a9c-39b1-4fa2-9011-2e3918aa76cd
  10. Turn off Windows Defender

Turn off Windows Defender: Hi I'm trying to turn off Windows Defender as recommended by Sophos the new antivirus software I am getting. But when I followed the instructions online I didn't have an option to manage setting on the last step. I have an hp envy 360 that I just bought and I think it may be...