Windows 10: Trying to uninstall an app that's already been uninstalled

Discus and support Trying to uninstall an app that's already been uninstalled in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I deleted/uninstalled Webroot SecureAnywhere months ago, once my free trial ended. I downloaded a new app for checking for viruses on my laptop around... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by fsadowski21, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Trying to uninstall an app that's already been uninstalled

I deleted/uninstalled Webroot SecureAnywhere months ago, once my free trial ended. I downloaded a new app for checking for viruses on my laptop around the same time. But the Webroot is still "installed" on my laptop and every time I try to uninstall it, it takes me to the programs and features area to uninstall it but it's not there. I'm so frustrated on trying to get rid of this app. It's still popping up. And telling me, my computer is unprotected. Help me, please.

:)

fsadowski21, Nov 1, 2016
  2. RonJP Win User

reinstall apps

If a user clicks on a Start Menu tile Uninstall, believing that it just removes the app from the Start Menu, it actually removes the app partly from the computer. If you try to re-install it, it says it cannot do that since it is already installed, and
    if you try to uninstall it again, it says it has already been uninstalled. So they are stuck in this condition. The only way to totally remove it is to format the hard disk and then reinstall windows. The bug is that it should completely remove the app,
    or else prevent people from accidently uninstalling it.

RonJP, Nov 1, 2016
  3. Windows Update. We couldn't uninstall these apps

I am trying to update my Windows 10 to version 1703 and I needed to uninstall an app but the problem is that I already uninstalled that app a long time ago but it's still saying I have to uninstall it. I can't update my windows because I can't uninstall
    an app I already uninstalled.

BryanLubuguin, Nov 1, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Trying to uninstall an app that's already been uninstalled

dalchina, Nov 2, 2016
  5. Thank you so much! The first one worked!

fsadowski21, Nov 2, 2016
  6. Steve C Win User
    Another trick is to install the offending program again then uninstall it. This may reset the registry settings needed to uninstall the program.

Steve C, Nov 2, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    Glad it was useful. Many programs don't fully clean up. Options include monitoring installations (e.g. Revo uninstaller pro); uninstalling using a program that then scans for leftovers (Revo free, Geek uninstaller (free)- which I often use)

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Trying to uninstall an app that's already been uninstalled

1. Trying to uninstall an app that's already been uninstalled - Similar Threads - Trying uninstall app

2. I have been trying to uninstall some softwares on my computer but it's not uninstalling,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have been trying to uninstall some softwares on my computer but it's not uninstalling,...: I've tried to install the software again maybe it will uninstall but it's not uninstalling https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-been-trying-to-uninstall-some-softwares-on/7522f601-2cf1-43ec-86ee-1356e96862ae
  3. I have been trying to uninstall some softwares on my computer but it's not uninstalling,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have been trying to uninstall some softwares on my computer but it's not uninstalling,...: I've tried to install the software again maybe it will uninstall but it's not uninstalling https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-been-trying-to-uninstall-some-softwares-on/7522f601-2cf1-43ec-86ee-1356e96862ae
  4. I have been trying to uninstall some softwares on my computer but it's not uninstalling,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Uninstall app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall app: We are trying to uninstall a gaming app. We tried all the usual methods. When we go through the process it appears that it is proceeding with the uninstall. The green bar goes to the end and then it falls back. The app is epic net....
  6. Uninstalling an app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalling an app: I installed an app one month back and I tried to uninstall it today. But it showed like the system cannot find the file specified. Is there any alternate way to uninstall this app?...
  7. Uninstalling an App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalling an App: I'm trying to uninstall an app. When I click on it, it asks do Iallow the app to make changes. If Iselect No, it goes back toprevious page. I don't knoe what I'm agreeeing to if Iselect Yes. Any advice appreciated...
  8. Uninstalling an App

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Uninstalling an App: I'm trying to uninstall an app. When I click on it, it asks do Iallow the app to make changes. If Iselect No, it goes back toprevious page. I don't knoe what I'm agreeeing to if Iselect Yes. Any advice appreciated...
  9. Trying to transfer pictures and uninstalling apps.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trying to transfer pictures and uninstalling apps.: I am new to Windows 10 and don't like it one bit. Not nearly as simple as W #7. When trying to transfer my pictures from my Android phone to my laptop with USB cable, it says there are no pictures on my phone, but my phone shows it does. What's going on? How can I...
  10. Trying to uninstall Amazon 1Button App

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trying to uninstall Amazon 1Button App: Hello: We have a problem getting this Amazon 1Button App off the computer. Settings DOES NOT HAVE AN UNINSTALL AND NEITHER DOES THE CONTROL PANEL. WE ARE TRYING TO UNINSTALL IT. WHAT DO WE NEED TO DO. ITS ON A TOSHIBA LAPTOP WITH WINDOWS 10. HAD TO RESET...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trying to uninstall app but says its not there