Windows 10: Trying to uninstall Linux from Dual Boot, still gets stuck at Grub

Discus and support Trying to uninstall Linux from Dual Boot, still gets stuck at Grub in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have followed the instructions over at think geek for uninstalling Linux and have run the bootsec.exe /fixmbr... but on startup it still is getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by kbenzle, May 14, 2016.

1. kbenzle Win User

Trying to uninstall Linux from Dual Boot, still gets stuck at Grub

I have followed the instructions over at think geek for uninstalling Linux and have run the bootsec.exe /fixmbr... but on startup it still is getting stuck at the minimal Grub menu. Do I need to also remove the first partition (seen in pic) all the way to the left, the 260 MB one, is that what the grub menu is. Then re-run the fixmbr command?

Thank you *Smile

Trying to uninstall Linux from Dual Boot, still gets stuck at Grub [​IMG]

:)

kbenzle, May 14, 2016
  2. Cdog821 Win User

Entering recovery mode with a dual booted system

So I dual booted Windows 10 with Kali Linux then deleted the Linux partition and forgot to change the boot settings now I am locked out and stuck in a thing called grub booter (I think). I can't even reinstall Linux to fix it. Can anyone help me out?

Cdog821, May 14, 2016
  3. how to change boot loader from grub (linux) to windows ?

I have dual boot BOSS linux and windows 10. I want to change my boot loader from grub to windows. So plz guide me on how from change grub to windows

shekarbalakrishnan, May 14, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

I once had dual boot setup with Windows 10 and Linux.

This is the tutorial I used to remove the dual boot setup.

How to Uninstall a Linux Dual-Boot System From Your Computer
    http://www.howtogeek.com/141818/how-...your-computer/

Pay attention to the instructions starting from:
    Fix the Windows Boot Loader
    excerpt:
    Linux has now been removed from your computer, but its boot loader persists. We’ll need to use a Windows installer disc to overwrite the Linux boot loader with the Windows boot loader.

davidhk, May 14, 2016
Thema:

1. Trying to uninstall Linux from Dual Boot, still gets stuck at Grub - Similar Threads - Trying uninstall Linux

2. GRUB loader still on Windows after uninstalling Linux

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GRUB loader still on Windows after uninstalling Linux: I recently uninstalled Linux SteamOS more specificially and now whenever I boot, it takes me to a “GRUB rescue mode screen” and I have to restart and manually choose Windows to boot into it. Can someone help me remove GRUB? By the way, my hard drive is GPT...
  3. How to remove Linux from a dual boot?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove Linux from a dual boot?: I have Windows 10 and Linux Mint in a dual boot. submitted by /u/kreetikal [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g11m44/how_to_remove_linux_from_a_dual_boot/
  4. How to remove Linux from a dual boot?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove Linux from a dual boot?: I currently have Windows 10 and Linux Mint installed, I want to remove Linux Mint. submitted by /u/captain_degenerate [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fr0hk9/how_to_remove_linux_from_a_dual_boot/
  5. Dual boot with linux: only linux boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dual boot with linux: only linux boot: Hello, Well I'll sum up what I did so far: I had ubuntu + windows 10, was working fine but ubuntu was taking too much space on my drive. Deleted ubuntu partitions, gave the space back to windows, boot into the windows usb drive to perform the bootrec /fixmbr,fixboot...
  6. Uninstall Linux dual boot

Uninstall Linux dual boot: Hello everyone ! I first want to mention thant english is not my first language, so, sorry if I make mistakes and am not clear enough ! I just received a second hand computer with windows10 and linux installed on it. The person I got it to told me it would be easy to get...
  7. Attempting to uninstall linux dual boot, but when I try to restore Win10 bootloader, it...

Attempting to uninstall linux dual boot, but when I try to restore Win10 bootloader, it...: Hey, so I had a linux distro on my computer for a while, but I decided to get rid of it this morning because it was a shared computer and everyone else who used it having to select Windows from a menu every time it booted up was getting to them. The online guide I used said...
  8. dual boot menu and gnu grub

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    dual boot menu and gnu grub: in windows 10 i got only one os (that is win 10 ) and i still see dual boot menu and when i open my pc it starts from gnu grub please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-boot-menu-and-gnu-grub/e73f0933-cd9e-4cd5-9936-e6d3c3851390"
  9. dual-boot Linux

dual-boot Linux: I have a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 (upgraded from Windows 8.1), and I'm considering setting it up to dual-boot Linux. I just had a look at the HD with Disk Management, and Lenovo has created 6 partitions (C, D, and 4 hidden partitions). Can I get further help here, or is...
  10. Sleep mode doesn't work with dual boot (Grub, installed by Linux Mint)

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep mode doesn't work with dual boot (Grub, installed by Linux Mint): Hello all, I recently re-installed Windows 10 on my laptop, and just after, I installed Linux Mint (Main Page - Linux Mint). Then, I had Grub 2.02beta2 to start either LM or Win, it works, but ...... if on Windows, I choose extend sleep mode (or classic sleep mode), my...