Windows 10: Trying to uninstall zonealarm?

Discus and support Trying to uninstall zonealarm? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I upgraded to win 10 and noticed that ZoneAlarm wasn't loaded. I found that my version wasn't compatible with win 10. when I try to uninstall ZA I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rhino01, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Rhino01 Win User

Trying to uninstall zonealarm?

Hi, I upgraded to win 10 and noticed that ZoneAlarm wasn't loaded. I found that my version wasn't compatible with win 10. when I try to uninstall ZA I get a "Unable to create an installation log for logging installation activities" message and am unable to uninstall it.
    Can anyone help with this? I tried ZA support and they don't know. I tried their clean tool but that gives the same result.

Am I going to have to revert back to win 7 then uninstall, then upgrade again?

Thanks for any help.

:)

Rhino01, Jul 31, 2015

2. TRYING TO UNINSTALL A PROGRAM THAT WILL NOT UNINSTALL

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you in solving the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions.

• Which program are you trying to uninstall?
    • From where are you trying to uninstall the program?
    • Is the issue particular to the programs?

Please revert with necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 31, 2015
  3. TRYING TO UNINSTALL A PROGRAM THAT WILL NOT UNINSTALL

I am trying to uninstall two (linked) programs. I click on them,(one at a time) select uninstall, a reply box comes up saying "preparing to remove" and nothing happens, nothing. How can I uninstall these programs?

Patricia Awisus, Jul 31, 2015
  4. skyking Win User

Hi! I am a dev for ZoneAlarm.

We have pushed our Windows 10 compatible versions - First you can try downloading and installing the correct version of ZA you have (Free/Pro/Extreme) from here:

ZoneAlarm Pro Antivirus + Firewall:
    ZA Free Firewall:
    ZoneAlarm Pro:
    ZA Free Firewall + AV:
    ZA Extreme:
    ZA Suite:

If you upgrade gives you an error, save the following text to a .bat file and execute it from an administrative command prompt:

@Rem Check for Administrator privileges
    @NET SESSION >nul 2>&1
    @If ErrorLevel 1 Goto NeedPrivileges
    @If Not ErrorLevel 0 Goto NeedPrivileges

del %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\drivers\vsdatant.sys
    @Set ZA_INST_PATH=%CommonProgramFiles(x86)%
    @If "%ZA_INST_PATH%"=="" @Set ZA_INST_PATH=%CommonProgramFiles%
    @Set ZA_INST_PATH=%ZA_INST_PATH%\..\CheckPoint\Install
    @call "%ZA_INST_PATH%\Install.exe" /s uninstall
    exit /b 0

----

This will launch the ZA uninstaller and remove the neutered version of ZA the win10 upgrade left behind.

After that, grab one of the win10 compatible installers linked above and run the install.

Let me know if it works!

thanks!
    sky

skyking, Jul 31, 2015
  5. derekimo Win User
    Just post links to the downloads, instead of direct downloads. And don't post your email address.

derekimo, Jul 31, 2015
  6. skyking Win User
    Sorry, someone pointed me to the forums, I am not a regular participant and should have perused the FAQ first.

You can download the win10 version from the following links:

​[Removed direct download links again]

ZoneAlarm - Professional Firewall, Antivirus Security Software

skyking, Jul 31, 2015
  7. Rhino01 Win User
    Thanks for your suggestion but I get the same when I run that also. I have downloaded the ZA for win 10 but I get the same. "Unable to create an installation log for logging installation activities"

Rhino01, Aug 1, 2015
  8. Rhino01 Win User

This is what I get
    Trying to uninstall zonealarm? [​IMG]

Rhino01, Aug 1, 2015
  9. skyking Win User
    Can you try from a cmd prompt:

cd %TEMP%
    mkdir "{907A1104-E812-4b5c-959B-E4DAB37A96AB}"

and then run the batch file again?

Have yo tried installing the latest installer linked above?

Thanks!
    sky

skyking, Aug 1, 2015
  10. Rhino01 Win User
    Hi, I ran this and it didn't seem to do anything, but I still get the same as before when trying to install or uninstall ZA

Rhino01, Aug 1, 2015
  11. Rhino01 Win User
    I couldn't get ZoneAlarm to uninstall or install the win 10 version period. So had to go back to win 7 and delete it, then upgrade again.
    Thanks for you suggestion's though.

Rhino01, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Trying to uninstall zonealarm? - Similar Threads - Trying uninstall zonealarm

2. Trying to uninstall Cortana

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to uninstall Cortana: Does the "Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.549981C3F5F10 | Remove-AppxPackage" method in PowerShell not work anymore? It did not work for me. I get this when I try... Get-AppxPackage : The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no...
  3. Trying to uninstall Flash

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to uninstall Flash: I downloaded the uninstaller from Adobe and ran it. The Dell support site for my PC said to delete the bulleted files below which I'm trying to do but Windows won't let me. It says I need Administrator access to do that. I'm on the built-in Administrator account so I clicked...
  4. Unable to install ZoneAlarm (zafwSetupWeb_158_020_18208.exe)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to install ZoneAlarm (zafwSetupWeb_158_020_18208.exe): I removed "ZoneAlarm Free Firewall 15.6.121.18102" because I wanted to do a "clean" install of (zafwSetupWeb_158_020_18208.exe). The problem is ... NOTHING happens when I try to execute either version. IF I move the installer to C:\TEMP first, it will create a sub-folder...
  5. Can Zonealarm Cause BSODs?

Can Zonealarm Cause BSODs?: I have a friend with a desktop (sadly I don't have the specs at the moment), but she's noticed that she continually blue screens when Zonealarm is running/doing a virus check in the background. I noticed a couple of other threads about Zonealarm and difficulties this way....
  6. WIN 10 does not like Zonealarm

WIN 10 does not like Zonealarm: Can not find ZA anywhere on the computer after installing WIN10. Contacted ZA and they gave me a line to click on and re-download it. But as soon as it seems to get there it clears my screen and nothing happens. Thanks. Manfred 17186
  7. ZoneAlarm Firewall not working

ZoneAlarm Firewall not working: I tried on several occasions to install zonealarm firewall and got this compatibility blablabla. is anyone using it? What's the standalone firewall program that you'd recommend? 2991
  8. Zonealarm FTD toolbar listed in apps, Will not uninstall

Zonealarm FTD toolbar listed in apps, Will not uninstall: I have no idea where it came from, but "Zonealarm FTD toolbar" appears in my list of apps. When I click to uninstall, the "modify" and "uninstall" buttons are grayed out and inactive. Google searched around and apparently not a common problem. Attempted to uninstall with...
  9. ZoneAlarm vs Windows Firewall ?

ZoneAlarm vs Windows Firewall ?: Hi I've used ZoneAlarm for years as it actively rejects Ident packets. I've now found another way to do this, so I'm considering if it's time to move away from ZoneAlarm. I currently have ZoneAlarm Free AV & Firewall, Avast AV, MalwareBytes and SpyBot Search and Destroy...
  10. Zonealarm & Windows 10 - NO Firewall !

Zonealarm & Windows 10 - NO Firewall !: Hi I've been running ZoneAlarm on my Windows 10 PC without issue since I upgraded to Windows 10 Over the last few days my PC is telling me Zonealarm and the Windows firewall are turned off. I'm given the open to enable either. I can enable the Windows firewall, but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4485448 uninstall