Windows 10: trying to update bios need help

Discus and support trying to update bios need help in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been looking for a bios update for my pc but I cant find one that will work for windows 10 and to be honest I don't understand bios updating but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ShadowTrix6, Jan 17, 2016.

1. trying to update bios need help

I've been looking for a bios update for my pc but I cant find one that will work for windows 10 and to be honest I don't understand bios updating but heres the specs. any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Manufacturer: elitegroup
    model :c51pvgm-m
    chipset: NVidia GeForce 6150 rev.a2
    southbridge; NVidia nforce 410/430 mcp rev. a2
    lpcio: ite it8716
    bios; phoenix technologies ltd
    version: 6.00 pg
    date:04/09/2007

:)

ShadowTrix6, Jan 17, 2016
  2. Need#Help Win User

Adding Birthdays and Holidays to Windows 10 Mail App

If someone knows how to add holidays and birthdays to the Windows 10 Mail App, PLEASE tell me how.

Thank you!

Need#Help, Jan 17, 2016
  3. JackDandy Win User
    i need help now please i keep trying to update my phone lg e900 and it got stuck

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP I NEED TO FIX THIS

JackDandy, Jan 17, 2016
  4. Sven1458 Win User

trying to update bios need help

first of, the BIOS has nothing to do with windows. version 10 or other.
    you also state that you don't understand bios updating, so why do you want to update the bios?
    you could end up with a paperweight instead of a computer.
    unless there is a specific piece of hardware that you can not do without, I say stay away from the update.
    Just my 2 cents

Sven

Sven1458, Jan 17, 2016
  5. the problem I'm having is my USB's are freezing up along with my mouse and keyboard ports and random system freezing

6. OldMike65 Win User
    That does not sound like a bios problem at all. More of something messed up on your Windows 10. Have you tried some basic fixes, like run SFC /Scannow from your command prompt Admin. ?? to see what it might report ?

OldMike65, Jan 17, 2016
  7. ive tried that and it makes my system loop, ive also tried reverting to windows 8.1 and didn't help

8. OldMike65 Win User

Never seen running SFC make a computer "loop" .......You might have either hard ware problem, or really messed up Windows 10. Have you tried running check disk... from command prompt admin type chkdsk C: \F

OldMike65, Jan 17, 2016
  9. sorry I was mistaken on the SFC scannow it was another scan that caused a loop but I tried chkdsk and a cmos error popped up when it auto restarted after the scan. also I attached my dm log

10. OldMike65 Win User
    well if it ends up being your bios and it is messed up, your computer by reading your spec's seems kinda old. I would think finding a bios update for your motherboard, may be real difficult. Have you tried replacing the battery for your bios chip. Should be a common type. If battery is low this could cause your cmos errors. Most CMOS batteries are standard CR2032 "button" cells, just a idea......

OldMike65, Jan 17, 2016
  11. bobkn Win User
    There is a BIOS update for your board:

ECS > C51PVGM-M (V1.0)

However, it's from 2008. I doubt that it would be of much help in improving Win 10 compatibility.

Good luck.

bobkn, Jan 17, 2016
  12. I found that bios, and downloaded it but I cant figure out how to load it, I was hoping this PC would be okay but I guess imma breakdown and buy a new one

13. CountMike New Member

You have complete instructions in the manual, ECS > C51PVGM-M (V1.0)

there's no one way fits all when it comes to BIOS update. Every type is different. Looks like it works only using diskette and you'd be wise to buy a brand new one if you want to proceed, they are sooooo unreliable.
    I also looked at that only BIOS update and there's nothing about USB compatibility. I would advise not to do it.

CountMike, Jan 17, 2016
  14. Berton Win User
    Have you checked the Power Options in Control Panel? USB ports can have their power managed by Windows and sometimes that causes problems like you are experiencing. I tend to turn off all power management for the USB ports since many things now use them, wasn't much of a problem with the PS/2 mouse and keyboard ports..

Berton, Jan 17, 2016
  15. bobkn Win User
    I downloaded the package. It includes Winflash; I don't believe that it needs a floppy. Is that correct?

Not that it matters.

bobkn, Jan 17, 2016
Thema:

1. trying to update bios need help - Similar Threads - trying update bios

2. Stuck in bios need help getting out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in bios need help getting out: I was playing a game, then all the suddent my pc crashed and showed a blue screen wit a sad face, now when i try to turn it on i am stuck in bios and cant get out, have been trying for hours now....
  3. Stuck in bios need help getting out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in bios need help getting out: I was playing a game, then all the suddent my pc crashed and showed a blue screen wit a sad face, now when i try to turn it on i am stuck in bios and cant get out, have been trying for hours now....
  4. Anyway to update BIOS needed for job.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Anyway to update BIOS needed for job.: I have the satellite p55t-a5116. I love this computer and it works great but it's old. The BIOS show 2014 but my new job requires 2016 or above. Is there any chance I can do that and get it updated or will I have to buy a new one?...
  5. Anyway to update BIOS needed for job.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyway to update BIOS needed for job.: I have the satellite p55t-a5116. I love this computer and it works great but it's old. The BIOS show 2014 but my new job requires 2016 or above. Is there any chance I can do that and get it updated or will I have to buy a new one?...
  6. Trying to update BIOS But CMD command not working any help

Trying to update BIOS But CMD command not working any help: Trying to update BIOS But CMD command not working [img] [img] [img] 116208
  7. Need help with bios for Asus laptop

Need help with bios for Asus laptop: hi, i'm trying to figure which bios i should be using from the asus website. the laptop is asus k52n running windows10 x64 pro. the current bios reads v2.13, dated 08/21/2010. the asus website has nothing listed for windows 10. there is a choice between "windows 7...
  8. Need help with BIOS Password

Need help with BIOS Password: Greetings everyone this is my first post! I have a MSI Z77-G45 Main Board and I forgot my password for the BIOS. I'm sure it's UEFI because I have tried to remove the battery for one hour as well as using the clear cmos button and even the clear cmos jumper. The BIOS...
  9. Bios update help newbie

Bios update help newbie: hi new here and have just checked my bios and i believe it is out dated here is the current version BIOS Version/Date AMI 8.15, 05/02/2013 and on the hp website it comes up with two opptions this one HP Compaq Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family...
  10. I need help I'm stuck in bios

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need help I'm stuck in bios: I am trying to install windows 10 from USB and I booted it from USB and I try select recommended upgrade but says it failed I choose the advance one and I don't know what partition to install it on [img] [img] 99259