Windows 10: Trying to update / upgrade my win 10 computer

Discus and support Trying to update / upgrade my win 10 computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, After all the answers you wrote to me, yesterday made another try to update / upgrade my windows 10.Made a new Iso file with the creation media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Motim, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Motim Win User

Trying to update / upgrade my win 10 computer

Hello,
    After all the answers you wrote to me, yesterday made another try to update / upgrade my windows 10.Made a new Iso file with the creation media tool.Ran all tests as on attached "Scan results.txt" file.Disabled all programs in the "Task mgr Startup list"Only keyboard, mouse, display and router connected. (Should I disconnect the router also ?)Internet plug disconnected.Mounted the Iso file and started setup.Selected download updates to "Not now"While "working on updates" there were some restarts, at 75% there was a restart and computer froze, keyboard and mouse dead, power button not flashing, left it for some hours, nothing changed.Pressed power button, computer started "Trying to rebuild installation" but stopped and froze, left it for a while.Pressed again the power button, computer started, with the notice as on attached files "Installation failed.jpg" (in Hebrew), translation on "Win 10 installation failed.txt", and then it 'reversed' the system as it was before the installation.There were on C: two large folders starting with $...Is there some information in these folders about this failure ?Answers will be appreciatedThanks

:)

Motim, Aug 4, 2017
  2. DJ_444 Win User

WIN10

I am still in the Que for my Win 10 upgrade. Meanwhile, I am trying to help with whatever I can. I went to the manufacturer website of my pc which is out of warranty, and they checked compatibility of my Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade. It said that my computer
    is not Win 7 sp1, it is Win 6.1 which I have never heard of. I have had this pc for three years thinking I have been running a
    genuine Win 7 sp1. I know that I am still in the que for getting the Win 10 upgrade and I check the updates that are put on my computer daily. Should I try to do anything to help Microsoft with this install?
    The following are just some of the updates I see from Microsoft:

KB3083710, KB2952664, KB3035583, KB2999226

Should I do anything to help with this upgrade of Win 10?

DJ_444, Aug 4, 2017
  3. why is win 10 trying to upgrade to win 10

Update: I was able to delete the program from programs and features. Thanks to all that helped solve my problem. Thanks Steve

stephenpetri, Aug 4, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

Don't forget to put sticky tape over camera eye.

cereberus, Aug 4, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    With all of your repeated attempts at upgrading that have failed, the answer is a clean install of Windows 10. That will get you back to a solid, clean base of Windows 10 that will likely not give you problems for years if you don't insist on tweaking it too much.

NavyLCDR, Aug 4, 2017
  6. Motim Win User
    Hi,
    Well, what an answer, this was really cynical.

Motim, Aug 4, 2017
  7. Motim Win User
    Hello,
    I wish I could, but I do not have the installation disk, I bought the computer with the system installed, I only added my programs.
    Thanks for the answer.

Motim, Aug 4, 2017
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Aug 4, 2017
  9. blktiger60, Aug 5, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    I think this the first time in your many threads that you have shown the error code for your failed upgrade(s). The screenshot shows 0xC1900101-0x40017.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...llation-errors

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/win...ors#0xc1900101

11. AddRAM Win User
    You have been told over and over and over again what to do, you have 20 threads going on about the same thing.

Create an install dvd or usb stick, do a clean install and come back after that.

AddRAM, Aug 5, 2017
  12. Bree New Member
    Motim's reason for avoiding a clean install at all costs is that the machine came pre-installed with Office and other apps for which there are no install media. Now we have the precise error code it may be possible to do the upgrade after all.

13. Trying to update / upgrade my win 10 computer

I haven't read his other posts on this subject but if he's concerned about additional programs there are perhaps open source ones that would fill his needs if an upgrade continues to fail IE: Apache OpenOffice.

blktiger60, Aug 5, 2017
  14. AddRAM Win User
    I wish him all the best.

But seriously, in post #5 he said he wished he could do a clean install, but he does not have the install media.

In his 2nd sentence in his 1st post he says he has the Iso file.

AddRAM, Aug 5, 2017
  15. Motim Win User
    Hello,To all the answers, thanks a lot.1. The Iso file I only have is the file created with the Media creation tool, with this Iso file I tried to update / upgrade the system.2. Believe it or not, the first time that Purple image appeared which I posted, was a day before yesterday while update failed, at the same hour I posted it.3. And for the 'Nice' invitation to "...come back after that", well, that was not nice. All the best and thanks.

Motim, Aug 5, 2017
Thema:

1. Trying to update / upgrade my win 10 computer - Similar Threads - Trying update upgrade

2. MS win 10 update ruined my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS win 10 update ruined my computer: Recipients Posting this on every MS page/ site I can find in hopes of getting through to the powers that be. Recipients Bob BenoitWindows Insider Program Hi, I'm the latest newb & not sure how long I'll be following. I have an ASRock Graphite 360 LCGS w/ amd ryzen 5 5600x...
  3. MS win 10 update ruined my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MS win 10 update ruined my computer: Recipients Posting this on every MS page/ site I can find in hopes of getting through to the powers that be. Recipients Bob BenoitWindows Insider Program Hi, I'm the latest newb & not sure how long I'll be following. I have an ASRock Graphite 360 LCGS w/ amd ryzen 5 5600x...
  4. Trying to upgrade Win Vista to Win 10 but having issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to upgrade Win Vista to Win 10 but having issues: Hi All, I have Windows Vista home premium, 4 GB RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 2.00GHz processor. Bought Win 10 Pro Download version online. Dowloaded 32 bit iso. Extracted and trying to run setup but getting error - "windows installation cannot be started from the current...
  5. Upgrade to Win 10 Update 1909

Upgrade to Win 10 Update 1909: I had issues not being able to get any updates. that issue is now resolved, but when I try downloading update 1909, it prepares, downloads to 100% and stops. I left it in limbo for hours but nothing happened, even if I switch off, it is still there on start up. Any solutions...
  6. Trying to update my computer

Trying to update my computer: Split from this thread. trying to update my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-update-my-computer/a573e305-2bfe-4355-b973-5d4a0713a040
  7. Win 10 Updates, Upgrades, etc.

Win 10 Updates, Upgrades, etc.: II am running Win 10 on an x64 - based system with an AMD-A6 quad-core engine. Lately I am encouraged to update using the Microsoft updating system and after all the code is added and my machine is meant to re-boot it does not. It hangs up in a never-never-land and won't...
  8. problem in upgrading and updating my win 8.1 to win 10

problem in upgrading and updating my win 8.1 to win 10: my window resource protection is corrupted when i update my genuine win 8 to win 8.1 no update is showing in window update checking in control panel its searching for updates endlessly and found nothing always showing checking for updates for hours . i troubleshoot everything...
  9. Win 10 update ruined my computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 update ruined my computer: I bought a 1500+ asus gaming laptop 18 months ago and have had zero problems until today. My computer forces me to do a win10 update and after the update is complete my computer starts up and takes me to a login screen that has a totally different background than before and...
  10. Upgrade my win 10

Upgrade my win 10: Hello, This weekend I wish to try again make my win 10 (1511) upgrade. After reading about it, I see there are 3 options: 1.Use the Media creation tool to start the update / upgrade 2.Use setup from mounted Iso file (which was created with the media creation tool) 3.Use...