Windows 10: Trying to Upgrade Keep getting Error

Discus and support Trying to Upgrade Keep getting Error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dell Lattitude laptop, refurbished, with Win 7 Pro. Tried upgrading from the desktop "Get Windows 10" utility. Part-way around the upgrade wheel get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by otisdog, May 14, 2016.

1. otisdog Win User

Trying to Upgrade Keep getting Error

Dell Lattitude laptop, refurbished, with Win 7 Pro.
    Tried upgrading from the desktop "Get Windows 10" utility. Part-way around the upgrade wheel get a blue screen that says Windows needs to be repaired, missing file or device.

Restored Win 7 from an image I had created on an external hard drive.
    Tried again upgrading this time using A USB drive with Win 10 Pro image on it. Same thing.
    Any ideas?
    Jim

:)

otisdog, May 14, 2016
  2. JoeKim728 Win User

Trying to Upgrade to Windows 10. Keep getting error message (Error code: 0x80070002)

What does Error code: 0x80070002 mean. Trying to activate Windows 10 online but keeps telling me can't activate now try again later.

Trying to Upgrade Keep getting Error [​IMG]

JoeKim728, May 14, 2016
  3. Trying to Upgrade to Windows 10. Keep getting error message (Error code: 0x80070002)

Hi Joe,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

My apologies for the delayed response.

I understand that you are trying to activate the Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

In order to assist you better, please reply to the following question.

How exactly have you installed Windows 10? Have you performed an upgrade installation or clean installation using ISO file?

A Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key cannot activate Windows 10. Windows 10 uses its own unique product key.

By default, Windows 10 builds are pre-keyed, meaning, you do not have to enter a product key and should not be prompted to enter one as long as you upgraded from an activated Windows 7 or Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 license or Windows 10 Preview
    build.

If you are prompted to enter a product key, click Do this later
    and give it a few days, Windows 10 will activate automatically.

Activation servers might be overwhelmed at the times because of the volume of upgrades, so give it some time if you get an error message such as (0x80070002, 0x8007000D, 0x8007232b or 0x8007007B). Windows 10 will eventually activate as long
    as you upgrade using the appropriate method.

Click here for more information on
    Activation in Windows 10.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, May 14, 2016
  4. otisdog Win User

Could not solve upgrade problem.
    Was able to do a clean install and use the method in Tutorials to activate.
    Jim

otisdog, May 15, 2016
Thema:

1. Trying to Upgrade Keep getting Error - Similar Threads - Trying Upgrade Keep

2. Tried to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, but keep getting error - There was a problem running...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tried to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, but keep getting error - There was a problem running...: Tried to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but keep getting error when trying to run Media Creation Tool to install Windiws 10 - There was a problem running this tool - We're not sure what happened, but we're unable to run this tool on your PC. Error code: 0x80072F8F -...
  3. Tried to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, but keep getting error - There was a problem running...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tried to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, but keep getting error - There was a problem running...: Tried to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but keep getting error when trying to run Media Creation Tool to install Windiws 10 - There was a problem running this tool - We're not sure what happened, but we're unable to run this tool on your PC. Error code: 0x80072F8F -...
  4. Keep getting errors when trying to update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting errors when trying to update: I was given this laptop by my brother and just did now want to fool with it. I have a decent background on working and fixing minor issues with laptops and iphones for family and friends. While looking into this i have tried many solutions on the forums here and other...
  5. Keep getting errors when trying to update

Keep getting errors when trying to update: I was given this laptop by my brother and just did now want to fool with it. I have a decent background on working and fixing minor issues with laptops and iphones for family and friends. While looking into this i have tried many solutions on the forums here and other...
  6. Trying to upgrade to Windows 10 from & but keep getting error code 0x80072F8F-0x20000?

Trying to upgrade to Windows 10 from & but keep getting error code 0x80072F8F-0x20000?: Trying to upgrade to Windows 10 from & but keep getting error code 0x80072F8F-0x20000 when i open installation media. I have an activated Windows 7 pro key. Please help!...
  7. Trying to install a game and keep getting errors

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Trying to install a game and keep getting errors: Trying to install Forza Horizon 5 and I keep getting the error Code: 0x80070070 which is not enough space on my drive. It is trying to download it on my C drive which there is not enough room on but I want it on my D drive but it just keeps saying "Code: 0x80070070". I tried...
  8. Trying to install a game and keep getting errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to install a game and keep getting errors: Trying to install Forza Horizon 5 and I keep getting the error Code: 0x80070070 which is not enough space on my drive. It is trying to download it on my C drive which there is not enough room on but I want it on my D drive but it just keeps saying "Code: 0x80070070". I tried...
  9. Trying to install a game and keep getting errors

10. Trying to upgrade from windows 8.1 and keep getting this error. Any ideas why?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to upgrade from windows 8.1 and keep getting this error. Any ideas why?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/partridge69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/idvuqt/trying_to_upgrade_from_windows_81_and_keep/